Notices

Hi guys, it has been a few weeks since I came here... I only read a few pages after my last reply (page 218), but enough to know there's nothing new really... Just a bunch a new lazy wazapp users asking about the fail too many error and the boring whatsapp update messages... All of this we already know the solution for....
anyhow, just wanted to share some of my experiences using wazapp (cepi's branch), everything is working ok so far, just the already mentioned freezing sometimes, and wazapp will only answer my commands after swipping it away and reopening, but usually restarting wazapp solves this... I haven't had any problems so far with sending or receiving messages. Havong any other IM servoce activate at the same time with wazapp, will freeze both and make it hard to quit wazapp (usually only reboot works).
that's about.
just a suggestion, as far as I have seen, wazapp beta (tgalal's) is more stable for chatting, but you can't update status or change prof pic, create group and etc (like you can in cepi's), but cepi's freezes more often, I read deleting or renaming (in case you want to keep your conversations) the db file will fix some of the freezing problems when you have too many old conversations. So for now best thing to do is choose whatever fits your needs best.
Also, read about tgalal's long absence, I read on twitter je's rewriting wazapp from scratch, probably trimming code and getting rid of the major known bugs, so cut him some slack. I think it's a lot better to wait for him to take all the time he needs and get a good almost bug free and functional version, than rushing him and get a new version sooner, and then constantly come here and whine about bugs and problems... Remember, you're already able to chat in whatsapp on your N9 thanks to him... Plus he does this on His own free time without asking for nothing in return.

cheers.

P.S.: after having the fail-too-many error for a while and finally being able to register wazapp again using one of the methods described in previous pages, I kept the confirmation code for my last registration and since then I've registered 4 or 5 times with it after reflashing my phone and re-installing wazapp, so what am saying is everyone keep your confirmation codes, cause as long as you don't get a new one in anotjer phone, you can always use your last code as many times as you want for registering wazapp after flashing/unninstalling/deleting your account, since you won't be able to get a new one when requesting on wazapp.

Last edited by lmiked; 2012-08-14 at 20:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lmiked For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
guys please be patient
my PC's motherboard is dead, so I can't work in wazapp for now
give me some time to get money to buy a new one and I'll start working on fixes.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Hi Cepi, I used yours version before but it always hang on the screen, is it a known bug or just i dont somthing wrong?
And thanks your work!

whiners!!! read Cepi's post - time to donate if you can! =P

whiners? Ok ... i wait for tgalal bulid the new one

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ The Netherlands
Hi guys, the blue button (location sendig) works perfectly fine on my phone. Is it just me, or is this working for others also?

Originally Posted by Ruudjepluus View Post
Hi guys, the blue button (location sendig) works perfectly fine on my phone. Is it just me, or is this working for others also?
Hi,

where can I get the .deb of the latest version?

thanks!

Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
Hi,

where can I get the .deb of the latest version?

thanks!
Cepi's post #2072 (page 208)

The Following User Says Thank You to Ruudjepluus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ruudjepluus View Post
Cepi's post #2072 (page 208)
Thanks!

I should remove tgalal's version before installing the other version? Should I do anything special to avoid the registration problem?

@lupastro: Quit Wazapp (from the Wazapp menu) and install Cepi's .deb

I didn't need to re-register my account (maybe I got lucky if you do need to re-register, just download Bluestacks on your PC. It's all been written before.

Good luck!

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp