Hi guys, just a reminder that we can't accept submissions if the application hasn't been built yet. I received an entry where the developer has explained that it will be built soon. Please submit your application for entry after you've built and tested it

Originally Posted by paoletto View Post
Ah thanks a lot! i will reply now!
As for the other one, i sent yesterday, but i renamed it from n9gcontacts to syncgcontacts.. can you see it? otherwise i will resubmit.. (oh, i should also choose 2 of the 3 screens there)
Ah! Yep i have that, I knew I should have searched by your name and not the application name

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
testing done; it does work but installing via terminal gives an error which may explain the problem you faced...I am attaching all the screenshots for reference...

on second thought instead of filling up the thread with the screens i might as well just give you the links for them: http://db.tt/K7o2lFu9

Edit2: Kojacker, could you try installing the app via inception or export origin if in open mode as the output shows the app needs to be from a trusted source (e.g. Store) to install correctly...
I've just spotted Edit2.. hmm right so this could be an Aegis security token or other issue that would be stopping it from running. Unfortunately I left my N950 at home d'oh! I emailed back to Aditya to advise him to create an Announce thread for his application and ask help in determining what his application runs on. Unfortunately he wrote back asking if I could do it because he has college classes and that he understands QML but doesn't really understand making applications work on MeeGo Harmattan. I can't make an announce thread for him, the best I can do is highlight the problem here and see if anyone can help out.

If it works and we know what it takes/how to make it work then I believe we can accept it into the competition. I can add a note spelling out system requirements in the voting thread. If it's not clear then I'm not sure we can include it unfortunately I'd like to give him the best chance tough, what do you all think?

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
kojacker, if it requires a trusted source certificate to run surely it can be entered into the competition in this case as if it was installed via Store it would be a trusted source...So if you could try using inception and it works then IMO it should be entered into the competition as if he published this in Store instead it would work too...

The above is what I think but I'm still unsure of how the audio permissions require a trusted source...Maybe you can advice him to try uploading his app to Apps4Meego where using the OBS will give him the trusted source certification but if his app has other issues it won't work there too meaning becoming ineligible for the competition...

Edit: I'm quite sure we shouldn't be putting system requirements like inception into the competition now as then you might get quite a number of apps that require inception to be entered under "Updates" leading to a "moving of the goalposts" scenario...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
kojacker, if it requires a trusted source certificate to run surely it can be entered into the competition in this case as if it was installed via Store it would be a trusted source...So if you could try using inception and it works then IMO it should be entered into the competition as if he published this in Store instead it would work too...

The above is what I think but I'm still unsure of how the audio permissions require a trusted source...Maybe you can advice him to try uploading his app to Apps4Meego where using the OBS will give him the trusted source certification but if his app has other issues it won't work there too meaning becoming ineligible for the competition...
Thats a good idea, I'll advise him to try uploading it to Apps4Meego after college. Hopefully it'll go smoothly. I'll also look into it further when Im home tonight and have my N950 beside me.

@ all - if you have some time please look at other entries in your category on the wiki table and check that you believe the application is eligible. Email me at the competition email address if you feel anything may be entered incorrectly - maemo.competition2012 'at' gmail.com. I promise that your email will be kept in strictest confidence (that means I will raise the issue with the developer to confirm and your email will not be mentioned to anyone.)

---

I also need some help with the submissions for rzr. I don't normally like to discuss these things out in the open, but I haven't received any reply to my queries back to him in 8 days now (he is currently on vacation). With your help, I would like to make sure these submissions are categorized correctly so they are fair to everyone

I have the following 5 submissions from rzr:
  • redak - Location & Navigation, Beginner: Yes.
  • meta harmattan - Other, Beginner: No
  • p-uae - Destop, System & Utilities, Beginner: Yes
  • rsync - Network & Communications, Beginner: Yes
  • fuse encfs, sshfs (these have been combined into one entry) - Desktop, System & Utilities, Beginner: No

My first query is the beginner status, as you can see it's quite confused. For this competition you're either a beginner or not, and it applies to all apps. I believe in this case it's a 'No'.

Second query - these have all been listed in the new application categories (applications that have had their first release during the competition time frame).

According to this project page, Redak has been worked on and had releases for quite some time (since March). I would propose this is more suited to the "Updates.." category.

From the meta-harmattan revisions it seems that repository has been around for ages, but as there's more than 600 packages in it, I can't find a straightforward way of seeing what exactly was added in the competition time period. I think again this would be more suited to the "Updates.." category, if we can figure out what has been updated..

The first mention I can see of P-UAE for MeeGo is on July 2nd 2011 and the first mention of it on Harmattan I see is the 14th of August 2011. This seems to be a port of existing work so it would be in 'Updates..' anyway, but I cant see what is recent work..

According to this page, there have been releases of rsync going back 13 months and the last commit was 5 months ago. Without further details I can't accept this into the competition.

I first see fuse and sshfs mentioned as being built for Harmattan in a revision dated November 17 2011. So.. same problem again

In rzr's absense, can anyone share any light on these and help try to find out what updates have been done within the competition time frame period so I can accept them? rzr does a lot of good work, but I fear he was confused about the eligibility. It would be so much easier if we could get in contact with him

Edit: Please folks, when you submit your entries don't assume I know anything about your applications and the work you've done on them in the competition time frame - if I have to hunt that information out it's possible I'll miss something and your application could be listed incorrectly or worse excluded It's in your own interests to ensure your application is eligible and that you include enough details in your submission to show that it is

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-09 at 13:11.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Congratulations, kojacker!!

Name:  announce.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  36.4 KB

The active topics list is full of announce threads. Well done, and happy birthday.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Home again - we got a batch of entries within the past hour, thanks everyone

adityamhatre is still having a hard time with things, he's sent me another deb and this time I don't even get an icon when I install it .. I'm hoping one of you brave N9/N950 testers have a try - the app name is 'Targets' and the drop box link is https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103919085/t....0.1_armel.deb. It's quite big (1.48mb)

It should look like this when it starts up

I'm getting a lot of questions and queries at the moment by email, being as quick as I can to reply...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
kojacker,

Targets is very buggy... All screenshots can be found at: http://db.tt/4Ojlc8Yt

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
kojacker,

Targets is very buggy... All screenshots can be found at: http://db.tt/4Ojlc8Yt
thanks thedead1440, you're now official competition tester

He's sent another one, this time called Splat it! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/103919085/s....0.1_armel.deb You have to admire he's been busy! I do have "Allow installations from non-Store sources" as enabled on my N950 but I can't seem to any of them to run (starts up with blank screens). It sounds like I'll need to install inception or the open mode to try these out.

I understand from your testing you found 'Targets' to be very buggy. I'm keen to hear your thoughts on 'Reaction Challenge' and 'Splat It' (when you get the chance to try it) - do you think these are suitable to include in the competition?

It'd be very annoying if only for the sake of the audio requiring a trusted source to then require people to install inception. I've advised him to upload to apps.formeego as that would (hopefully) save a lot of hassle. Or, maybe just take the audio out.

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-09 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Hey Hossein, welcome aboard I changed it in the Wiki to be a non-beginner as that was on your submission, however doing Qt projects before doesn't really count - if this is your first project for a Maemo or MeeGo/Harmattan system then you're a beginner to us. Let me know if you need to change it
So please change it, if possible, thanks.

Good luck everyone. And let's post the link to the countdown again: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...deadline&csz=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hossein For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas