Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by mikhas View Post
@qwazix: Actually, custom layouts are supposed to go into /home/user/.config/meego-keyboard/layouts/ – that's where MesInput puts them, too (mesinput.com).
Mm, shame I didn't know, because i didn't want to enable developer mode just yet, but anyway, now there is no goong back. Hope I don't have any battery related problems, like others reported.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Mm, shame I didn't know, because i didn't want to enable developer mode just yet, but anyway, now there is no goong back. Hope I don't have any battery related problems, like others reported.
Why would you need to enable developer mode? That folder is writeable for the normal user.

thanks for the dead keys advice, I will check it out later and upload a new version so wait before you make your patch. Also that is what I was trying to say, that if I knew that you could put it there instead of usr/share I wouldn't need to enable developer mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I made two variants of the layout, one with a dead accent key (my preference) and one without (has a bit better layout, and looks just like the iphone/android Greek vkb)

Everything is in post #1

Feel free to use them and promote them to maliit upstream (I will be very happy to contribute)

And to you Greeks out there check them out and report any bugs that may be there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Thanks, took the dead key variant, seems to work nicely:
https://meego.gitorious.org/meegotou...e_requests/458

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Can I add Bulgarian Phonetic?
@Bundyo: If you want, let me know your google account so that I could grant you power user access for MesInput - this way you could submit the layout for others to use already now.

The Following User Says Thank You to otso For This Useful Post:
Attached you can find the xml for greek input for the N9.

It goes in /usr/share/meegotouch/virtual-keyboard/layouts//home/user/.config/meego-keyboard/layouts/

You have to rename it to el_gr.xml of course
There is also a no dead keys variant, that has a better layout (due to the missing accent key) but in my opinion is inferior in speed, but many may be used to it because it is more like the android/iphone vkb

The question is how do you change layouts? Do you have to go to settings each time? That's a dealbreaker.

Many thanks to mikhas for the advice.

EDIT: The documentation for the maliit xml is a bit hard to find so I will hotlink to the pdf here for reference
http://www.mesinput.com/static/misc/refman.pdf
Sorry for an off topic question, but while doing this layout did you happen to find out how to add arrow keys to the normal layout file? I tried spying /usr/share/meego-terminal/toolbars/arrows.xml that terminal uses for clues, but it points at file VirtualKeyboardToolbarDTD.dtd and I could not find it.

I had an additional extra layout in my mind with arrows and other essential characters in it, and one could swipe between that and normal virtual keyboard.

This is otso's answer about the arrows issue:

About the arrow keys:

This layout, http://www.mesinput.com/viewlayouts/layout/114019, already has the arrow keys but these are not yet supported by the keyboard - the support is targeted for an sw update - the landing time unknown.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
This is otso's answer about the arrows issue:
Thanks! Have to wait then...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by otso View Post
@Bundyo: If you want, let me know your google account so that I could grant you power user access for MesInput - this way you could submit the layout for others to use already now.
bundyo at gmail

Tags
harmattan, keyboard layout