Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Tried the motorola STB Keyset 2 on my VIP1853, but does not show any sign of life.
Well, drat. Odds are I've messed up somewhere in the protocol; I'll take another look at it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wangiwan View Post
hi..

im from malaysia..

i love the pierogi.. it can control my lg tv like a charm.. in malaysia i have astro beyond decoder.. i hope i can control it also via pierogi.. i found the astro ir code in this website.. i really dont know what it is.. but i ask u, maybe u can help me.. and pls add the astro beyond keyset in pierogi.. love the pierogi.. here is the link for astro beyond LIRC..

http://blog.jasonrumney.net/2010/07/...e-control.html

thanx in advance..
what about this one?.. maybe u can help with these.. huhu..

The Following User Says Thank You to wangiwan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wangiwan View Post
what about this one?.. maybe u can help with these.. huhu..
Ah, my apologies for missing your post! (I've been away for a while, still trying to catch up here...) The LIRC code in that link looks like it matches the protocol used by several other set top boxes, I'll get it into the next update.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Well, version 1.1.27 of Pierogi is now heading up to extras-devel. It is very much like 1.1.26, as the main components of this update are fixes to the main components of that update. First, I did manage to mess up the CanalSat protocol. (By just a single bit -- according to my sources, the command train starts with a fixed "1" bit, then seven bits of device and six bits of subdevice, a toggle bit, a fixed "0" bit, six bits of control, and one bit holding the inverse of the first control bit. I forgot to add in that fixed "0" bit between the toggle bit and the control bits... ) So, there's a slightly better chance that it might work for the VIP1853. No guarantees here, though...

Also, I've re-done the mismatched lines in the Wharfedale Keyset 2. I think I've got them in the right order now.

And, this update contains a first pass at a keyset for the Astro B.yond set-top box.

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs! Thanks.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
The good thing is this update does show signs of life but very badly, but I managed the IR receiver led to blink and change channel. But I was 10cm close and repeatingly tapping a number from the keypad tab. Only like 1 of the 100 taps get catched by the device. I guess something like timing is off? Also I managed to get the LED blink on volume down but that is irrellevant because audio level of the VIP1853 doesn't the output of audio level (Yes that thing is build with 101 flaws). Speaking of flaws. The remote of this thing has 2 powerbuttons of which only 1 works
I am talking about the VIP1853 BTW
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
I guess something like timing is off?
Hmm. That does sound like it could be a timing issue. The folks on hifi-remotes set their VIP1853 keyset carrier frequency to 56K and seemed to get good results from it, but I managed to pull up a datasheet on the vip1853 that says it uses a 36K frequency for the IR. It is possible that Motorola has manufactured different 1853s that use different frequencies; I've seen that happen with other manufacturers...

Let me go ahead and set up a "2a" keyset with a 36K frequency and see if it helps.

Also, if you feel adventurous, you could try changing the carrier frequency manually from the preferences panel. You can find a control for it by scrolling to near the end of the panel. Unfortunately, it will by default say that the current frequency is 38000, even though the CanalSat protocol sets it to 56000; another Pierogi bug I still need to fix. But if you change this number to 36000, you may be able to get the keyset working...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Wharfedale TV Keyset 2 works perfectly. Many thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Hmmm, I tried playing with the settings but I could't get any wiser. Some work somewhat, some not at all.

Channel down works sometimes but channel up never works. Same is for keypad, numbers 0,2,5,8 are working, other numbers: No reaction.

I noticed that 50-60K frequency somewhat works everything else not so I think it's safe to say that it 56K is the right frequency.
I did notice however that duty cycle 5 gives me better results but still not the results I would like to get or to make this keyset useful.This is only my experience after quick testing, so maybe 36K could give me anyhing with other buttons and duty cycle. I don't know but I am trying to rule out variables but I should do some more thorough testing for this. This are only my experiences after a quick debug session.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2014-03-27 at 13:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Channel down works sometimes but channel up never works. Same is for keypad, numbers 0,2,5,8 are working, other numbers: No reaction.
This sounds like I've got the trailing check bit wrong, if even-numbered commands are working and odd-numbered ones are not; channel down is using an even number, up is an odd one, and the numeric commands are set using their own numbers. (Although the 5 should not be working if this is the case...) But still, this should not cause a range issue. I'll dig a little deeper into the protocol... Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
hi..
first i would like to say thanks so much to copernicus coz put the astro keyset.. but i have a problem here.. i know nothing about this.. the keyset wont work on my astro decoder.. maybe it is for other astro decder.. here i found another astro beyond lirc.. i think.. hehe.. maybe u can help with these code.. if these doesnt work too, i dont know what else i can do.. so here is the link for astro beyond lirc..

http://linux-snippets.blogspot.com/2...tro-byond.html

many thanx to you copernicus..

--> sory for my poor english.. huhu..

The Following User Says Thank You to wangiwan For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control