I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was having trouble with a blue, 16gb Nokia N9, and wasn't able to fix it.

After a bunch of conversations with Nokia Care, I learned that the phone was originally made for the Poland market (I bought it used on Amazon, because I live in the US). I was told since my phone was under warranty, it could be fixed, IFI shipped it to Poland.

I did so, but because some mail carriers refused to send stuff with batteries inside overseas, and others wanted to charge me more than half the value of the phone, I ended up shipping it without tracking.

The shipment was supposed to take a week. When, a week later, Regernesis (the company that does repairs for Nokia Poland), said they hadn't received any phone with my IMEI number.

I'd been trying to get my phone fixed for months, which means I hadn't HAD A CELL PHONE AT ALL for quite a while. I figured the phone had been lost in the mail, and decided it was time to give up and buy a new phone.

So I bought a 64gb black Nokia N9 on Amazon.
The next day, I get an E-mail from Regernesis saying they've repaired my phone and sent it back to me.

Which brings me to where I am now. I have, sitting in front of me, two different Nokia N9's: a 16gb blue one, and a 64gb black one. As much as I love this phone, I don't know what to do with TWO of them!...

...what would you do with a second Nokia N9?

Last edited by Wowfunhappy; 2012-10-26 at 18:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wowfunhappy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
You could install nemo on it https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Installing, try Nitdroid, and then Firefox OS. Then set up QtSDK and try your coding skills on it.

Also you can sync them and just choose a color that suits your clothes each morning.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
run easy debian on the 16gb one with a bluetooth keyboard while using the 64gb as your main device that you tweak and mod too...

P.S. did the 16gb one get fixed? what was the issue with it? I remember your issue just curious to know what did Nokia Care do to it

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-26 at 18:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
One for regular use and another for extreme modding and risking with it.. That's what I'd do.
For example I'd run Nemo on it and try to do modifications with the base theme to see what I can reach to modify and what I can do with it.. Well, good luck!
P.S My advice is use the 64 GB one for daily use and the 16 GB for doing risky things with it.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2012-10-26 at 18:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
A bit drastic but, what about a case mod (as in a PC case mod type project).
Make it look like something no one has ever seen before. Should get you a few "WTF?" comments.
Did that with an old Nokia 6600 of mine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
I have two.... Cyan for work and a white one for special occasions!

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had two... two black ones. Sold one, but been sorta looking for a Cyan one on the cheap.

Keeping it will depreciate over time. So either use it or sell it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
mobile phone husbandry

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
use one for onscreenkeyboard and the aether for screen and you will have one n900.
make stereo pictures, stereo movies
better sell both and u will have 4 n900

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Give it to your girlfriend(?)... I would if I had 2 N9's :P

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post: