Closed Thread
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Answered You via edit. "What can be done" part was done already, see last two pages.
Has SD69 sent the required information to X-Fade at this point?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12612

We've got answer. It seems, that despite bug being posted in *correct* section (elections), it is assigned to Dave - person, who wasn't involved in anything Maemo for 2-3 years. How cute.

Although, I must admit, that Dave response was blazing fast (thanks goodness, without his reaction, we would be probably stuck for weeks), and we're working on forwarding it to correct person.

@qwazix
Shouldn't it be same account as for rest of infrastructure (*not* TMO)? It's working for me, at least.

@all
While I understand and *do* share Your frustration, please refrain from heating atmosphere yet. Yea - situation is miserable, shaming, etc, but our main goal now is to get it running. We'll talk about consequences, fixes, and responsibility after clearing main mess, ok?

Of course, it's just my personal "asking", no one need to feel obliged by that.

/Estel

Unfortunately it isn't (I can log in perfectly at maemo.org and garage.maemo.org but not bugs.maemo.org). I also tried to create new account and complains that my email is already in use. I tried all propable passwords (I hope nobody stores them for malicious use) but I cannot log in.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
@Arie
No, as he wasn't online since X-Fade asked for it.

@qwazix
I've checked it, and for sure login = Your email, and password is same as for wiki etc. Maybe try resetting it?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
@Arie
No, as he wasn't online since X-Fade asked for it.

@qwazix
I've checked it, and for sure login = Your email, and password is same as for wiki etc. Maybe try resetting it?
Where is the rest of the council then?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
stop posting in regards to what happened, all posts should be about how to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.
See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12612#c5

Can you try to find in your mailboxes the text that was sent in previous elections? If you have it paste it in that bug report. Or here and we will move it there. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Answering about 'what happened' only because Nokia's role or decisions are being questioned. We can postpone the debate until the new council is elected if you wish.

Because last time we did that, and after 7 months (!) we were told, that we should use official bug form, because X-Fade wasn't remembering that anyone contacted him via mail or IRC pings. So, we switched to fully traceable, recommended method of dealing with technical staff.
Ok, you are right and that makes sense.

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
They also pay people who should do things which are obviously not done. If you don't see it we have nothing to talk about.
Bug 12612 - Community Council election process isn't working at all history:

* Reported by Piotr Jawidzyk 2012-05-10 22:41:20 EEST
* Replied first by Dave Neary (former Nemein) 2012-05-10 23:12:43 EEST
* Assigned to Niels Breet 2012-05-11 04:30:14 EEST
* Acknowledged by Niels Breet 2012-05-11 11:51:01 EEST - NEEDINFO

Please point to bug reports that you consider mishandled / ignored.

Also, if you think Nokia should do anything different wrt current processes, current infrastructure, current maintainers, current provider or current funding please share your alternatives.

We want to work in the best situation possible. If the current situation is not good enough then we need to identify what doesn't work, how could it work better and go for it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Huge thanks for helping on this, qgil. Unfortunately, I don't have previous Election's mail
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12612#c5

Can you try to find in your mailboxes the text that was sent in previous elections? If you have it paste it in that bug report. Or here and we will move it there. Thank you.
Done
:-)
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
They also pay people who should do things which are obviously not done. If you don't see it we have nothing to talk about.
Code:
They pay people
that's called delegation
do you go bark at your companies' CEO every time the IT helpdesk doesn't answer one of your requests quickly enough?
probably not.
could you?
sure.
you'll make about 200% sure that it'll take even longer next time around you forget a comma or question mark 'cuz, "sorry, your request is not clear..."

bottom line, if you want to be babysitted, maybe it's time to move on to Lumia devices & have Bllamer tell you exactly how to do what where and when?

Last edited by misterc; 2012-05-11 at 16:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Honestly, guys (and gals)
Next Council's election is a genuine and most noble task of current council. No matter what's to be done to make it happen, it's first and foremost council's duty to track and followup on it. (BTW a possible flaw in statutes, as a council not willing to drive its own replacement will simply not do anything, seems we're seeing similar situation right now)

If help of anyone from Nokia/Nemein is needed, it's up to council to ask for it, monitor it, and take whatever needed action to make it happen in time. Incl several times of asking what's current state and prognosis if any task got delegated.

BTW on topic "in time": tokens ought have been sent out to users several days, even weeks before voting opens - obvious, isn't it? Also much broader visible advertising of council election was desirable. E.G. on IRC I basically haven't heard a word about election form any of the current council nor from any of the candidates. That's already ~400 users that neither received any mail regarding election, nor might they be willing to scan tmo on a regular basis.

my 2 €ct
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council