Notices

Closed Thread
I have a question ¿Is it possible to change font colour? ¿How?

Otherwise, awesome job. Keep it up, mate.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Last seen 10:51
Spoke to me at 11:11
Might have something to do with wintertime?

Just reporting...
Attached Images

Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Last seen 10:51
Spoke to me at 11:11
Might have something to do with wintertime?
It also happens in Whatsapp for Android. Sometimes clients don't send they are online (that's when last seen time is updated) they look like they are offline but they can send messages.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
It's because Whatsapp sucks XD I don't know any worse Instant Messaging system. Sadly most of my friends use it and don't use other protocols.

So Yappari rocks letting me chat with them!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
It also happens in Whatsapp for Android. Sometimes clients don't send they are online (that's when last seen time is updated) they look like they are offline but they can send messages.
Thanks for explaining I didn't know I don't have an android client used, only the symbian one a looooong time ago. Confirms once again WA actually sucks. The reason I use it, is only because the very reason malkavian mentioned.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

There's a way to request chat state, I think Whatsapp on Nokias do that when a chat window is opened. I think I'll be implementing that.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
this is not problem i am using lumia 800 some time i am also facing this... I think its net conectivety or something

brother im facing a problem .... i have version 12...i discovered that in group chat .. while chatting for a while i signed out... next morning when i logged bk in ... i recieved all the conversations of the group... but then yappari showed DISCONNECTED and i stopped getting msgs... i cleared the logs .. again stared getting msgs... after a while again disconnected.... plz help.... do i constantly have to clear the logs??????

Originally Posted by arorarahul View Post
brother im facing a problem .... i have version 12...i discovered that in group chat .. while chatting for a while i signed out... next morning when i logged bk in ... i recieved all the conversations of the group... but then yappari showed DISCONNECTED and i stopped getting msgs... i cleared the logs .. again stared getting msgs... after a while again disconnected.... plz help.... do i constantly have to clear the logs??????
If people keeps talking after you close Yappari, when you start it up again you'll receive all the messages from the group when you weren't there. That's normal. You never leave the group, you just disconnect from it. When you reconnect you'll receive all the messages you didn't receive when you were disconnected.

If Yappari disconnects you stop receiving messages, that's also normal don't you think? If Yappari disconnects is because something's wrong with your connection (poor signal or something).

Also if somebody in your group is sending multimedia messages Yappari will disconnect because they aren't supported yet.

I don't understand why you need to clear the logs. You don't need to clear the logs to receive more messages, you just need to be connected. If Yappari disconnects is because the connection to the Whatsapp servers was lost. Yappari will always retry to reconnect every 30 seconds.

if you don't want to receive groups messages you have to leave the group, but there's no option for that yet hehehe.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-06-21 at 07:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Spain
Dear Scorpius
This is my first post because of you and Yappari, everything was going as you said until today.
The phone have crashed and restarted and when I try to open Yappari, it shows a windows and then it closed every time I try to open. the last thing written in yappari.log is "Opening Address Book..." many times as I have try to open.
I'm with version 0.0.12 and it haven been working as perfect as it is during this days.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp