Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
What carrier are u using it on here in the US?
AT&T

Also are u able to get the hotspot working?
Immediate closure.

got one finally from negri. I love it btw. I think the email client is pretty nice, as far as how smooth it handles html, something android just cant seem to get right yet.
Congrats. What size, what price?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
the 800 has 16:10 aspect so there is more vertical space,thus the .2 differrence in screen size. But I' not sure WP even supports front facing cameras does it?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
the 800 has 16:10 aspect so there is more vertical space,thus the .2 differrence in screen size. But I' not sure WP even supports front facing cameras does it?
WP 7.5 - the Mango update - supports forward facing cameras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
AT&T

Immediate closure.

Congrats. What size, what price?
Oh i just got a 16gb cyan, that was enough space for me. My wife saw it, and was was like omg thats hot, then proceeded to try and convince me its a girls phone so she can get it lol.
If I remember it was round 680ish at Negri with free shipping.

I am using tmobile. very good signal and speed, but yes immediate closure on the wifi hotspot. sucks.

Last edited by warrentaye; 2011-10-25 at 21:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
I am using tmobile. very good signal and speed, but yes immediate closure on the wifi hotspot. sucks.
did you get a micro-sim via tmobile or did you make it yourself? if you got via tmo, did they charge you for a new micro-sim?

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
did you get a micro-sim via tmobile or did you make it yourself? if you got via tmo, did they charge you for a new micro-sim?
its $20, just walked in and ask for one, then called up and had them provision it later.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Ok spent the last 5 hours testing it, downloading apps and putting 20GB of music and videos.

Quick reflections - camera is faster then you can imagine. Splendid quality.
Apps are well polished and the whole UI is beautiful.
Screen quality is unmatched. The icons really do 'float'.
Feels just right in the hands. not too light or heavy.

Not a huge fan of the default icons that come with Harmattan so will be looking to designing some new ones. Will start a new thread.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Berkeley, CA
Are you able to use it on T-Zones/non-smartphone data plan or are you using a smartphone data plan?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Opinion stated as fact: Fail

Bad opinion stated as fact: Major fail
Sorry, but if I had to agree with you that these commercials were anything but tacky, we'd BOTH be wrong. Considering you can ONLY have an opinion with regards to how good a commercial is, what sort of "facts" would you offer about how good or bad these commercials were? I stand by my stated opinions. What do you have, smart guy?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Hey chill, didn't he suggest resellerratings?
Have you honestly never heard of it?
I'm from Australia & I know of it, but it's never been very relevant to my region.
It's been around for years & years, since before even web2.0 (whatever that is).
It's been a popular place to get a rough idea of how trustworthy vendors are.
Don't know how good or bad it is nowadays, but it was a go to place yrs back.
Correct--I have honestly never heard of it. Is there any verifiable way to vouch for this entity as trustworthy? (a gov't certifiability like the Better Business Bureau of the US, even word-of-mouth and major media reports on their reliability would help... I'm not seeing any of either and there's nobody I know personally recognizes the site for word-of-mouth to be effective and trustworthy). Considering the non-recognition, wouldn't you agree that it's a valid point to raise? "Why should I trust this site's word?"

So, with that out of the way and with no positive (nor negative, for that matter) experience with the original retailer we're talking about in the first place, how can anyone here even recommend them before actually ordering and receiving an N9 from that retailer? It'd be another thing if we started to see them coming in and THEN someone recommended it as "the place" to get it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by jhwan View Post
Are you able to use it on T-Zones/non-smartphone data plan or are you using a smartphone data plan?
Had a G2 previously, did not change anything about the plan, I am on an old non contract even more plus family plan atm with unlimited data.

The Following User Says Thank You to warrentaye For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????