Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by bobsponge View Post
thats mean i install 2.0.2 and open it and i have not problem for registry???
Yes it is!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ tehran
woooooooooooooooooooooooooow
yappari worksssssssssssss
THank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Originally Posted by capitannemo View Post
Hi Folks!

First of all MANY THANKS all of you! Making Yappari to work you saved my life (again)

Secondly I have two questions please:

1) Has this new version of Yappari (2.0.2) implemented any end-to-end encryption as in the original whatsapp protocol? If not: Is this feature expected to be implemented in the near future?

2) I use "Alarmed" to connect/disconnect Yappari on an hourly basis; the command sent to disconnect is "killall Yappari" but in this way the little blue circle in the status bar does not disapear when Yappari gets killed. Does anyone a way to close Yappari + the little blue circle?

Thanks a lot in advance

KEEP IT UP GUYS!!
2) You do not have to kill yappari and restart it to connect/disconnect. You can leave it running in background, it won't try to connect but will wait until there is a network connection available (manual or scheduled). Yappari won't waste resources or harm device/battery, while running and "Waiting for connection".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
thats mean i install 2.0.2 and open it and i have not problem for registry???
It fixes the connection problem (new protocol). Registration fix was done by coderus but not released yet.
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
2) ... yappari won't try to connect but will wait until there is a network connection available (manual or scheduled). Yappari won't waste resources or harm device/battery, while running and "Waiting for connection".
I can confirm this is TRUE, as opposed to the curious way in which the stock-IM-program sucks the battery dry when the user chooses for 'online-status' ... Always trying to (re)connect no matter the status of the network-connection ... Haven't been able to figure out yet if Skype is the vampire there or the whole IM-program itself (anybody?)

But Yappari is a very battery-friendly chatter ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Armando For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
I can confirm this is TRUE, as opposed to the curious way in which the stock-IM-program sucks the battery dry when the user chooses for 'online-status' ... Always trying to (re)connect no matter the status of the network-connection ... Haven't been able to figure out yet if Skype is the vampire there or the whole IM-program itself (anybody?)

But Yappari is a very battery-friendly chatter ...
I think the main issue regarding battery drain using stock IM, is that IM itself will mantain connection open (3g or wireless) resulting in quick battery drain.

That is for sure main reason of what you noticed, aside IM's cpu usage when idle (I did not monitor that paramer).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
2) You do not have to kill yappari and restart it to connect/disconnect. You can leave it running in background, it won't try to connect but will wait until there is a network connection available (manual or scheduled). Yappari won't waste resources or harm device/battery, while running and "Waiting for connection".
i don't think he is killing yappari to save battery, but to avoid being contacted or to avoid anyone knows the time you are going to bed (assuming to switch off the internet connection at that time.

The Following User Says Thank You to antviro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ tehran
i installed yappari 2.0.2 and worked ...
now I registred my account with an android device and yappari in my n900 doesnt work and registry failed ...
how i can register again with my N900???
thank you...

Last edited by bobsponge; 2015-01-30 at 19:04.

now I registred my account with an android device and yappari in my n900 doesnt work and registry failed ...
thank you...
that is not related with yappari when you register in several devices in a few time whatsup bans you for some days (i dont remember how long it is usually.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
thank you...
Really, read this first: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/21009863
And probably read whole faq to understand whatsapp service rules.
In case you doing everything right wait for v2.0.3 which is will be released tomorrow. It should contain recent registration fixies and can help you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari