Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@michaaa62 - I have NFC how did you manage to do it, but it seems you don't have mp-fremantle-community-pr installed at all. If you get xterm somehow, doing:

apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr

should restore your system in a consistent state.

@mrsellout: it was not only MAG to state that HAM should be used, the problem is noone seems to care

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
@freemangordon, why kernel-cssu-flasher is still contain “Nokia Kernel” shortcut?
It is a legacy from KP. kernel-cssu still not do Replaces: kernel in debian/control. My focus remains on whether Thumb2 is 100% stable and what is the benefit of using it, plus I am waiting for Pali and merling1991 to finish their exams so eventually I will get some help on the packaging stuff (not my strongest skill I have to admit )

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hxka View Post
@don_falcone, what exactly do you mean by 'hacking'? 'Cause I don't see any reasons for hacking nolo, everything can be done with recompiling kernel and/or u-boot.
NOLO still loads the kernel from an mtd partition, which in itself is not a problem (one could still completely free the rootfs partition for other things, such as swap).

Ideally NOLO could/would be replaced by U-Boot so that the whole NAND flash chip (i.e. including the partitions for kernel, oops, initrd, etc.) could be available for other tasks.

I'd be happy if we could create a ready-to-flash image with rootfs on an (appropriately sized) ext2 partition (/, /boot, /usr, etc.) of the eMMC and a separate /home (ext3 or ext4) partition.

The current rootfs partition on the NAND could be either used as swap, or as a sort of "executable cache" (like SSD/HDD hybrid -> NAND/eMMC), or just left empty.

Obviously this would mean that the whole THUMB2 issue would be rendered moot (space would not be a problem anymore). Perhaps more important (but also more difficult) would be a HARDFP recompilation of the whole of Maemo

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
This. But it would not even have to be ready-to-flash, because we alter it anyway. Just some script that does the whole conversion / move after flashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
i flashed my N900 today. installed kp50 and some useful app i need. i want cssu now. will it be okay if now i install cssu thumb.?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I'd be happy if we could create a ready-to-flash image with rootfs on an (appropriately sized) ext2 partition (/, /boot, /usr, etc.) of the eMMC and a separate /home (ext3 or ext4) partition.

The current rootfs partition on the NAND could be either used as swap, or as a sort of "executable cache" (like SSD/HDD hybrid -> NAND/eMMC), or just left empty.

Obviously this would mean that the whole THUMB2 issue would be rendered moot (space would not be a problem anymore). Perhaps more important (but also more difficult) would be a HARDFP recompilation of the whole of Maemo
A chroot into a fresh Maemo rootfs and manual dpkg -i-ing of packages should do the trick. (of course, includes repacking the flashable image etc.)

Also, we don't have much of a problem wrt storage of apps on rootfs. The real problem is RAM, and thumb2 hopefully reduces in-memory process size.

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
i flashed my N900 today. installed kp50 and some useful app i need. i want cssu now. will it be okay if now i install cssu thumb.?
i installed cssu-thumb and then install kernel power 50, my device started to reboot whenever i press on an apps. (EG. i press on contacts, device black out and reboot)

yes. thats what i faced. plz help me. now my device is only running kp 50. no cssu nothing.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
i installed cssu-thumb and then install kernel power 50, my device started to reboot whenever i press on an apps. (EG. i press on contacts, device black out and reboot)
You need to have a kernel with errata workarounds compiled in, otherwise it would crash. Flash the cssu-kernel with those errattas compiled in All features from KP50 is used in cssu-kernel too.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
You need to have a kernel with errata workarounds compiled in, otherwise it would crash. Flash the cssu-kernel with those errattas compiled in All features from KP50 is used in cssu-kernel too.
thx mr_pingu.. but i got no idea what errata is. maybe u can show me or guide me a step by step of doing it ?
it would be much better for newbies like me

The Following User Says Thank You to Cow For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life