sending/receiving???
Receiving only
I think sending needs a different work
I'll see it after receiving works fine
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
I'm directing my questions to developers of this specific client, not to the creators of Whastup closed network (I don't care about the later and their network). I'm not saying that the client as is doesn't help anyone. But can developers make the client in generic fashion so it could be used for general purpose XMPP as well? Pidgin for example supports XMPP and bunch of proprietary networks as well. This client could implement a similar idea. Then it would be really good for the open source mobile community.

If you want to call it a "bug" thread - consider this a feature request then.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-05-29 at 17:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
you are genius, work so fast

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ London/Hong Kong
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
you are genius, work so fast
Source files are available already ah ma, gung hai fast la

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I'm directing my questions to developers of this specific client, not to the creators of Whastup closed network (I don't care about the later and their network). I'm not saying that the client as is doesn't help anyone. But can developers make the client in generic fashion so it could be used for general purpose XMPP as well? Pidgin for example supports XMPP and bunch of proprietary networks as well. This client could implement a similar idea.
This : http://store.ovi.com/content/249452
and this is the thread : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=extraplugin
now go rant there..lazy bums

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
This : http://store.ovi.com/content/249452
and this is the thread : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=extraplugin
now go rant there..lazy bums
This has nothing to do with the client at hand. If you don't like off-topic - please don't engage in one. I'm talking about this particular client, not about frozen Nokia's code for XMPP. See my edited post above.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-05-29 at 17:21.

I'm directing my questions to developers of this specific client, not to the creators of Whastup closed network (I don't care about the later and their network). I'm not saying that the client as is doesn't help anyone. But can developers make the client in generic fashion so it could be used for general purpose XMPP as well? Pidgin for example supports XMPP and bunch of proprietary networks as well. This client could implement a similar idea. Then it would be really good for the open source mobile community.

If you want to call it a "bug" thread - consider this a feature request then.
Ah I see what your after now.

Problem is, the features of Wazapp aren't near to being complete and bug free, so the time scale of altering this to communicate with another server would not happen any time in the future, near enough for it to still be relevant.

Seeing as Wazapp has been designed solely for use with WhatsApp proprietary stuff, it would probably be easier to use the Source Code for this app and then create a port of it using a more open XMPP server.

This has nothing to do with the client at hand. If you don't like off-topic - please don't engage in one. I'm talking about this particular client, not about frozen Nokia's code for XMPP. See my edited post above.
Im afraid his suggestion would be more viable, approaching the developers of that would be much more likely to help you out.

As it stands Wazapp is designed PURELY for WhatsApp and to change that would be to change a lot of its core code.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-29 at 18:54.

I'm absolutely amazed with all the work going on on this app, thank you guys, its all happening very fast, yaaay

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
For some reason I think most folks here aren't getting the point. That's more sad regarding developers, who could help building good open source mobile XMPP/Jingle client, but instead they work on this.
they are not your personal devs, and it wouldn't matter what you think, as they are developing and not you. If you want other client you are welcome to do it yourself. I can explain a lot of reasons why wazapp is better than other xmpp as mobile client, but this thread is about development. And you was asked politely not to talk offtopic here, as why it's developed is offtopic. You don't ask G+ why they do it when there is facebook. or yahoo if there is google or vice verse. It's not like they spent your tax money on developing wazapp client. If you don't find it useful, go and start developing your own useful apps. But for now you only harm the topic by polluting it with irrelevant info. Use search and you'll find all whatsapp and wazapp related topics, we have few of them on TMO, and if you, like you said, not that interesting in searching all over the TMO it's your own problem and don't make it's all other people reading this topic problem, as it's egoistic. Why do you think if you too lazy to find other topic, all active members of this thread need to be patient with you. With that approach you would never get anything you ask. Thank you and have a good day.... «I said good day»(c)

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
As it stands Wazapp is designed PURELY for WhatsApp and to change that would be to change a lot of its core code.
Thanks for the clarification. As with many cases, it spreads the community efforts thin.

ZogG: You conveniently ignored the point of the discussion (I think you understood the question well enough though). godofwar424 said above that the client is too limited at the moment and it's hard to make it generic. If you are a developer you can confirm this statement (or not). No one thinks that devs are someone's personal devs. But if you are scared of questions about community benefit from your applications - there is some serious problem.

Sure, if it's the question of no resources - then there is nothing to say. Developers do what they have time for. But if adding generic XMPP support doesn't cause overhead - they why not to propose it?

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-05-29 at 20:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp