Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I can confirm the power issue is u-boot related. I flashed kp49 only and all is well. After 12 hours of idleness the stock battery indicator still shows full.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Magdeburg, Germany
I can confirm this too, after changing back from uboot (u-boot+kp49.bin) to the normal kernel-power from the repo my battery lasts considerably longer.

The Following User Says Thank You to flocke000 For This Useful Post:
for me kp49 seemed to do it, am using the latest uboot with pr1.3 and its working fine, am just trying to get it to work with multiboot grrr

anybody got any idea what the uboot + fiasco image is? is it the normal boot image? since am getting errors when i try to

flasher -u -F uboot.bin "(combined image)"

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2012-01-06 at 18:47.

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Thank you all for your help,

I created the bootmenu.scr with m4r0v3r's
Code:
 setenv bootmenu_4 'MeegoBoot (External SD card, partition 3, fat, uImage)=setenv mmcnum 0; setenv mmcpart 3; setenv mmctype fat; setenv mmcfile uImage; run trymmcuimage';
and now u-boot finds the meego ce kernel (it shows size, name and all) sticks at Starting Kernel for a few seconds and then the device turns off. Any ideas?
ive got that problem now, with stock kernel and the latest Nemo Mobile release, damnnn

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@all - is it possible that all of you who have tested u-boot did not notice (or report) that system is running slow as hell, that Nokia boot video is jerky and not in sync with sound, etc,etc.

Anyway, the reason for the above (and I am almost sure for the battery drain too) is that L2(not sure about L1) CACHE IS DISABLED.

I fixed that (on my git tree) and sent a mail to Pali. Just asking here in case I got it wrong, i.e. am I the only one who have noticed the above behavior.

In case someone wants to test my changes (which are really minimal) here is my git tree (use branch pali and instructions from here)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Could you build a .bin and upload it?
I tried to build it but when I boot with keyboard open there are some graphical errors instead of the bootmenu ...
Any idea what could cause this? Booting with keyboard closed works fine.

post errors here.

How do I get the error messages?
The only thing the screen shows are graphical artifacts, and only in the bootmenu. If I drop into the uboot console or boot with the screen closed the display is fine and there are no messages.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
post errors here.
Pali, confirming the above, after reboot the whole screen is full with garbage, seems there is some bug in ether video init or in code drawing the graphics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
So my image was build correctly and the problem is in the code, thats good to know since it was my first time building uboot myself.
I would try to help, but my knowledge on this stuff is limited
If someone could point me in the right direction on where to look I would love to get the log/error messages to help pali.