Notices

Hi

Reicast a dreamcast emulator has been release for android and the Pandora so I decided to port it to the n900. All real credit should go the original authors. It can be had from below.

http://users.tpg.com.au/jfk//reicast.zip

Instructions

unzip file to a new directory
create a data directory and place the dreamcast bios there (dc_bios.bin, and dc_flash.bin ).

Running

There is no menu at the current time so you need to run the following command

./reicast.elf -config config:image=<name of disk image>

Note: This will not run anything particularly fast (even at 1.15ghz) except really basic things.

original source files here

https://github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator

note The changes made to the source for the n900 is to retrieve the window handle correctly, setting the key map and porting sound to pulse audio. if anyone is interested in the exact changes made let me know.

Last edited by ace1000; 2014-01-10 at 12:43.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ace1000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Could you upload it to extras-deve?. It's too bad fixes and apllications sometimes get lost in forums...

Thanks anyway
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Ok I have now uploaded it to extra-devel. Please let me know if it works. If so I'll likely change the title to announce.

As part of this release I have added a simple file selector to start (ported from the Pandora and not really my own work). Also all user files (vmu's and bios files) have moved to /home/user/.reicast so you will need to move those files there. Keymap has also changed to match the game gripper and there is the ability for on screen display via the c key (shows speed and such) and to turn sound off via the s key (again all from the Pandora version).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ace1000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by ace1000 View Post
Ok I have now uploaded it to extra-devel. Please let me know if it works. If so I'll likely change the title to announce.

As part of this release I have added a simple file selector to start (ported from the Pandora and not really my own work). Also all user files (vmu's and bios files) have moved to /home/user/.reicast so you will need to move those files there. Keymap has also changed to match the game gripper and there is the ability for on screen display via the c key (shows speed and such) and to turn sound off via the s key (again all from the Pandora version).
Didnt open when i clicked on menu icon. I had to change the first line
Code:
 #!/bin/bash
to
Code:
 #!/bin/sh
in file /home/opt/maemo/usr/games/reicast/reicast.sh to make it open... i havent tried any games yet though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post: