Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, I believe I have a bug file and a question:

The question is: Is the youtube login stored/sent somewere else than n900/Youtube? Is because I'm kinda freaked about security issues and if they are stored/sent somewere else is another possibility for security breaks and ykw...

The bug is: When I pause a download, when I restart, it will use the downloaded size in the calculation to look for the speed as in:
If I'm downloading something of 6mB and it says it will take 10min, and I pause it at the middle; 2hen I restart, it will say the download will end in 1s, then 2s, but never getting even close to 5mins. And it keeps wrong until the end, without noticing that it shoud've subtracted the already downloaded part from the equation.

That's it, thanks!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
Dailymotion is currently not working, and not just through cutetube but on QDL too

they must've changed something
Dailymotion playback/download has been fixed for the N9/Symbian versions (updates are awaiting QA approval), and will be fixed soon for the N900 version. I'm currently working on some other parts of the code, so once that's finished, I'll release the update. The QDL Dailymotion plugin is also fixed, so I'll update that this weekend.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2013-02-16 at 01:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi, I believe I have a bug file and a question:

The question is: Is the youtube login stored/sent somewere else than n900/Youtube? Is because I'm kinda freaked about security issues and if they are stored/sent somewere else is another possibility for security breaks and ykw...
The account username and access token are stored on the device in a SQLITE database. They are not sent anywhere else. Also, the YouTube access token is only valid for one hour, after that, it must be refreshed. In any case it can only be used along with the other credentials (client id and secret). The access token is not of any use by itself.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
The bug is: When I pause a download, when I restart, it will use the downloaded size in the calculation to look for the speed as in:
If I'm downloading something of 6mB and it says it will take 10min, and I pause it at the middle; 2hen I restart, it will say the download will end in 1s, then 2s, but never getting even close to 5mins. And it keeps wrong until the end, without noticing that it shoud've subtracted the already downloaded part from the equation.
Yes, there are a couple of problems with calculating progress and eta for resumed downloads. The download code is completely changed for the next release, so those problems will be fixed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
missing ffmpeg, I have searched it via FAM, but there isn't any package.
How to solve this?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by skate_boy92 View Post
missing ffmpeg, I have searched it via FAM, but there isn't any package.
How to solve this?
This is OT, but anyway, it's there in the Extras repository:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/ffmpeg/

I install any of those packages, and it says incompatible

marxian, it's impossible to reinstall or remove cutetube version 1.4.4 (from openin post, *not* repos), using normal way. When trying to remove, following error appear:

Code:
Removing cutetube ...
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /opt/cutetube/bin/cutetubeevents: Success
dpkg: error processing cutetube (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 cutetube
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
When trying to reinstall:

Code:
Preparing to replace cutetube 1.4.4 (using .../cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb) ...
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /opt/cutetube/bin/cutetubeevents: Success
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb (--install):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 /home/user/MyDocs/cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb
It seems, that pre-removal script is broken.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
marxian, it's impossible to reinstall or remove cutetube version 1.4.4 (from openin post, *not* repos), using normal way. When trying to remove, following error appear:

Code:
Removing cutetube ...
dpkg: error processing cutetube (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 cutetube
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
When trying to reinstall:

Code:
Preparing to replace cutetube 1.4.4 (using .../cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb (--install):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 /home/user/MyDocs/cutetube_1.4.4_armel.deb
It seems, that pre-removal script is broken.

/Estel
Thanks for reporting that. It seems that in your case the dbus call is made after the cutetubeevents binary is removed, though I'm not sure why that would happen at the prerm stage. I've added some checks to the prerm script to prevent it from happening in future.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Version 1.6.0 for Maemo5 now available. Changelog:

New features:
  • Option to set a network proxy.
  • Option to have upto three concurrent transfers.
  • Option to change filename for downloads.
  • Option to change whether a downloaded video is saved as an audio file whilst the download is in progress.
  • Videos can now be deleted from playlists.

Features removed:
  • XTube

Improvements/fixes:
  • Improved transfer handling. Now uses far fewer CPU cycles.
  • Fixed pre-removal script.
  • Miscellaneous backend improvements.

The latest package can be obtained from http://ubuntuone.com/53dYu5QzabEbfdqLCI4dMz

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Dailymotion search, it always says no videos found, whatever you search for. Accesing it by categories works, so playback is fixed now
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube