Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Just ignore that. It means temporary problems with the Whatsapp servers. Yappari will retry in 10 seconds and the second time it always connects in my experience.

I guess it also happens in official clients, but since official clients never tell you if it's logged in or not, nobody ever notices it.
Hi scorpius,

Thx for the quick respone. And I would very much like to ignore that, thing is though that it does not seem to work. After attempting to connect a bunch of times, it redirects me to registration again (which fails with attempt too early blabla). Are you telling me to ignore everything (not registering again) and just keep yappari open?

Cheers, Freddy.

i have exactly the same problem as Freddy.. registration worked yesterday but i always get time out on connecting. please help us scorpious

i don't know if my problem is similar?
i finally recieved the sms with confirmation code, but yappari stopped trying to register with 'connection timed out' a few seconds later.
when i restart it, it asks me to register again although config file says 'registered:true'

my log is at http://pastie.org/5355738
my config file is attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.conf.txt (90 Bytes, 82 views)

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
The same for me too: "time out on connecting" since 2 days...

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Are you guys using Whatsapp with the same number in another device? That will invalidate the registration immediately.

If that's not the case then maybe new registrations are not working and Whatsapp must have changed something again. I don't know, I would have to test it, but right now I'm focusing in fixing bugs and making a stable client for current users, not new ones. I'm not sure when I would have the time to revisit registration issues again with Yappari.

Sorry.

Try deleting your yappari.conf file and registering again, since in the logs I've seen you register successfully but somehow Whatsapp invalidate your registrations and you appeared as "not registered" again in Whatsapp servers.

Now, if Whatsapp Inc. has a way to know that the registrations come from a third-party application and are invalidating those then you're out of luck and you will never be able to register.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-11-10 at 18:20.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
IMEI spoofing would be awesome in that case, if you are already registered.. Besides installing nitdroid, registering in nitdroid and then remove nitdroid works too, bit of a hassle though
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Are you guys using Whatsapp with the same number in another device? That will invalidate the registration immediately.

If that's not the case then maybe new registrations are not working and Whatsapp must have changed something again. I don't know, I would have to test it, but right now I'm focusing in fixing bugs and making a stable client for current users, not new ones. I'm not sure when I would have the time to revisit registration issues again with Yappari.

Sorry.

Try deleting your yappari.conf file and registering again, since in the logs I've seen you register successfully but somehow Whatsapp invalidate your registrations and you appeared as "not registered" again in Whatsapp servers.

Now, if Whatsapp Inc. has a way to know that the registrations come from a third-party application and are invalidating those then you're out of luck and you will never be able to register.
Hi Scorpius,

I am only using my N900, so no. I tried your suggestions to remove the conf file. Registration fails now, attemtp too recent, retry in 30 minutes. Will keep trying. Hopefully Whatsapp is not blocking 3rd party apps, that would be a real bummer.

Cheers, Freddy.

Hi! Thanks for creating this software!

Installed without problems and works great!
Keep up the good work!

Kind regards, from the Netherlands!

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Thomas82 View Post
Hi! Thanks for creating this software!

Installed without problems and works great!
Keep up the good work!

Kind regards, from the Netherlands!
Does that mean you could register successfully? Is it the first time you're using Yappari?

Does that mean you could register successfully? Is it the first time you're using Yappari?
Yes. regestriation was a succes. i recieved my code by sms and the phone did the rest. since then i've sent and recieved messages while the program was on screen and with the program running in the background. I'm using your program over wifi.

this is indeed the first time i'm using Yappari.

Kind regards!

The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas82 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp