Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Well this is what my USPS tracking says

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
October 16, 2011, 2:31 am
SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383
International Letter

So that was today Sunday and that's about 60 miles away from me and I have to leave tomorrow for the Philippines by 4pm
This is cutting it close.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by giorgosmit View Post
I know what you mean. I spent some very confused minutes in Cosmote, trying to make the salesguy understand what I meant. He gradually understood, after we eliminated the possibility that I mean the N8, N900, and (bizarelly, he was acquainted with it) the N800.
I've got a picture of the N9 in the gallery so that I can avoid those conversations.
An even funnier moment was last year when I wanted a second N900 and I went to vodafone to ask if they'd got one. The salesperson took that Nokia's-have-two-numbers-you-idiot face when I took the N900 out of my pocket. He clearly had never seen one, and he was a bit curious but he didn't dare to ask to have a look it. I walked out smiling

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
You're a brave guy. What did the iphone lovers at public tell you???? I've checked their site and the N9 is not there.
They told me they did not know when it's coming but I believe they had never heard of the phone. I don't trust them anyway, they had been telling me they'd have the Nexus One for sale which was never the case, they had it there as a teaser only.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
They told me they did not know when it's coming but I believe they had never heard of the phone. I don't trust them anyway, they had been telling me they'd have the Nexus One for sale which was never the case, they had it there as a teaser only.
Stupid Nokia. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a god damn cell phone seriously lol. I really really hope plaisio actualy gets it at the end of the month as they say on their site

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Well this is what my USPS tracking says

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
October 16, 2011, 2:31 am
SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383
International Letter

So that was today Sunday and that's about 60 miles away from me and I have to leave tomorrow for the Philippines by 4pm
This is cutting it close.
I hope you get yours by tomorrow. Mine still says it is in NJ Maybe it hasn't been updated? Mine should be heading your same direction, because i'm about 80 miles away from Santa Clarita.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^
Damn was hoping PR1.1 but I guess it'll be mostly bug-fixes & performance twks.
Oh well, better than never ever coming...
actually its great to see bugfixes is high on the list. current release has many stupid issues. Kinda.scary he didnt answer my question about textbox bug. really hope this is fixed in pr1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
actually its great to see bugfixes is high on the list. current release has many stupid issues. Kinda.scary he didnt answer my question about textbox bug. really hope this is fixed in pr1.1
You can look at the daily commits here to see what is going to be fixed and what has been fixed.

http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...commits/master

For example here is one for pr 1.2
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...426dea9c4a22ea

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I am trying to procure one from Dubai. Will see what happens

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm not lending BigBadGuber! a hand here... but I'll be honest. His one comment has merit... people were actually lined up for the iPhone 4S. No people were lined up - at least not reported - for the Nokia N9.
Well, I don't think people line up for any other company's products (except possibly the reputed limited Galaxy SII $2 sale at a Samsung store which is directly opposite an Apple store for the days leading up to the iPhone 4S release).

This is something Apple does very well, a coordinated global release within days of an announcement showing good innovations, with the start of sale date announced during the announcement.

If on 21 June Nokia had announced that sales start on 28 June worldwide, and listed the retail shops that would have stock on their web site, I am sure you would have seen people line up.

And if Feb 11 had announced that Symbian was being phased out in favour of Meego, with Ovi/Nokia Store only accepting apps in Qt that build on Meego, I think they could have built an ecosystem bigger than WP7, especially if they had followed N9 up with larger tablet within a few months.

(In South Africa, the most innovative bank in terms of support for new technologies has been launching banking apps for various platforms over the last few months, starting with iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and now Nokia (I guess Symbian) - so far no WP7 ...)

In the end, IMHO, it's not the 'ecosystem' that was the problem, there were many more factors at play in Nokia not being that successful recently. And, if they aren't addressing the other factors, I doubt the 'ecosystem' 'advantages' of WP7 will allow them to recover market share.

The Following User Says Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Maybe with the troubles of the past their WP launch will be smoother.

Then again, Im quite sure that when I change from Maemo6 I will probably go for WP, and if I go for WP why wouldnt I go with Nokias phones if they are up to par HW-wise . I guess time will tell. Im hoping for some carl zeiss action, etc.

But that has little to do with the N9. So to on-topic myself: they need to look at my bug reports and fix both of them asap.

Also: cant wait for the update, seems like its going to be a lot of "never mind the man behind the curtain" stuff, which is great!

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????