Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Found it
http://tech.qq.com/a/20130508/000091.htm
It's impossible to understand this 'english' of the spokesman at the beginning

Edit: Ok it's the bad acustics.. but nice to see the video

Edit2:
Marc doesn't glimpse the phone in this video

any other videos out there?!

Last edited by willi6868; 2013-05-12 at 00:25.

Just another N950 demonstrated.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-05-12 at 02:47.

Don't care about apps. And the last thing i need is something from Android. The whole obsession with apps will go away if there going to be fully supported browser and upgradable. Hopefully Jolla will give something close at least.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
[...]
Instead it may hurt them. Because developers will port even less apps to Silica and instead saying "hey, you can install our Android version on your device" and then the endusers wonder why on earth he bought this jolladevice when none of the apps is using the swipeUI etc...

Personally I will not install ANY android apps on my device.
[...]
I think you're being unrealistic, if you expect popular apps to quickly appear on Sailfish phones. If you have an app running on Android and iOS, you're already supporting the vast majority of modern mobile phones. If you want to cover the market more completely, Windows 8 would be a sensible next platform to support. The next logical choice would be Blackberry. Even Tizen would appear on the list before Sailfish, since Tizen is backed by very rich companies.

You will have the choice of not installing Android apps, and by supporting Android there's a chance Jolla will be successful enough to keep providing you that choice in the future.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Great, we have another countdown. Keep it up!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Just another N950 demonstrated.
maybe IT IS n950 device they will announce LOL

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
I think you're being unrealistic, if you expect popular apps to quickly appear on Sailfish phones. If you have an app running on Android and iOS, you're already supporting the vast majority of modern mobile phones. If you want to cover the market more completely, Windows 8 would be a sensible next platform to support. The next logical choice would be Blackberry. Even Tizen would appear on the list before Sailfish, since Tizen is backed by very rich companies.

You will have the choice of not installing Android apps, and by supporting Android there's a chance Jolla will be
successful enough to keep providing you that choice in the future.
nope I still don't see anything positive with android support. Instead peiple will start whine when x/y/z android app still does not work ob.sailfish cause incompability.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
maybe IT IS n950 device they will announce LOL
With the updated hardware like snapdragon Krait processor, 2GB RAM, more internal memory, SDcard support, better screen, better camera, better GPU and better build quality... it will be fine :P

Cheers

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
In general, while I'd love to see some hacker creating compatibility mode like preenv or apkenv I am not convinced that it is good for Jolla and us users to be an official feature.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?