Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Then read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1187735

It's been more than a year that I have answered in similar clear terms to this question (more, if we talk about Fremantle code).
correct me if i'm wrong, but the only way to "benefit" from those "closed-source" bits would thus seem to be working together with NOKIA?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Bump for the banner proposal. The longer it is up there, the better. Everybody should be made aware of what is going on, and be encouraged to take part in the process either as a candidate or as a voter.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Here's how I read these meetings with Nokia...
[...]
been hitchhiking a little too much in the galaxy lately, have we?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
[...] But I don't go with winners - bought two N9's. I be a sucker for gadgets first, I guess.
but but but....
isn't the N9 a winner?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Here's how I read these meetings with Nokia...[snip].
Cute, but let's make that the last of such posts in this thread. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
/Offtopic,
Estel, have you send it?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Then read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...35#post1187735

It's been more than a year that I have answered in similar clear terms to this question (more, if we talk about Fremantle code).
That... was an AWESOME reply to my post! Thanks for illustrating the bureaucratic and hopeless nature of the process. I mean.. I was just making it funny and you slid RIGHT in after my post to bring it home and make it real. Vogons have NOTHING on Nokia.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Cute, but let's make that the last of such posts in this thread. Thanks.
Why? Are you averse to talking about the elephant in the room? You would rather tell me to stop bringing up the biggest problem and putting it out there clearly? Nokia has already killed off Maemo (and MeeGo for that matter) and they've already said they were pulling funding for this site. What exactly are you trying to save by not pointing out the biggest problem the Council has with Nokia: The Council and Nokia. Now THAT is cute and relevant to the elections--I'd like to know how the council will remain relevant from the people who are proposing to run.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
That... was an AWESOME reply to my post! Thanks for illustrating the bureaucratic and hopeless nature of the process. I mean.. I was just making it funny and you slid RIGHT in after my post to bring it home and make it real. Vogons have NOTHING on Nokia.

Why? Are you averse to talking about the elephant in the room? You would rather tell me to stop bringing up the biggest problem and putting it out there clearly? Nokia has already killed off Maemo (and MeeGo for that matter) and they've already said they were pulling funding for this site. What exactly are you trying to save by not pointing out the biggest problem the Council has with Nokia: The Council and Nokia. Now THAT is cute and relevant to the elections--I'd like to know how the council will remain relevant from the people who are proposing to run.
On hold =/= killed.
They would go HP way and opensource all of Fremantle (maybe we need a petition to KILL maemo???) if that was the case. They might be keeping it just for creds, still a glimmer of hope when they do decide to kill it. Pulling funding? Have you used repos or TMO lately? They still work for me, do not move to Syria, there have been problems reported there.
How about you run in the elections and propose some positive/creative criticisms/solutions instead of being the guy whom everyone avoids at parties?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
On hold =/= killed.
They would go HP way and opensource all of Fremantle (maybe we need a petition to KILL maemo???) if that was the case. They might be keeping it just for creds, still a glimmer of hope when they do decide to kill it. Pulling funding? Have you used repos or TMO lately? They still work for me, do not move to Syria, there have been problems reported there.
How about you run in the elections and propose some positive/creative criticisms/solutions instead of being the guy whom everyone avoids at parties?
I'll have to do some digging but if my memory serves correct, the funding for maemo.org only runs until the end of 2012. There was some talk about allll the implications in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75782 How about you stop being cute and avoiding the important questions and issues? Address them instead of trying to distract from them and denigrate me personally. That might be a good proposition, don't you think?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I'll have to do some digging but if my memory serves correct, the funding for maemo.org only runs until the end of 2012. There was some talk about allll the implications in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75782 How about you stop being cute and avoiding the important questions and issues? Address them instead of trying to distract from them and denigrate me personally. That might be a good proposition, don't you think?
simply didn't do your homework...
from Ask the council
pity the saying about mouth & ears doesn't really apply to forums, huh >¦-)
well, probably most people only use two fingers to type, so... you should do (mostly) as much reading as typing?

Tags
council, election, incommunicado, winding down