Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
Originally Posted by lal View Post
I had this very same problem when I flashed my N9 first time. I solved it by enabling the GPS from Phone settings. I had manually disabled GPS.

Every time I started the camera app, it'd try to enable GPS for geo tagging and would fail, which I guess resulted in the not responding error. Later on, I'd enable GPS, open camera app and then disable geo tagging first. I would then proceed to manually disabling GPS from phone setttings.
Just tried flashing now after it completely crashed, it just shut down, and when I try to boot, it is stuck at nokia. Won't boot at all. I have tried and enabled rd mode but that hasn't fixed this. Am not sure whats wrong with my phone. The sim tray am using is new hence my product code is can not be seen, on the other hand, nemesis won't detect my phone so as to read the product code neither does Nokia Software Updater. Is there an alternative way to know what my Product Code is? Kindly assist.

@Lucazz990 - It's currently crashed, will try on successfully flashing it. Now got new worries on the Product Code.

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
@Lucazz990 - It's currently crashed, will try on successfully flashing it. Now got new worries on the Product Code.
I flashed the firmware and the emmc and somehow, everything was cleared but the problem that led me to flashing is still there - camera not responding, even after enabling the gps from settings. Says, Panorama says 'camera is reserved by another application', Camera+ says "Camera error. Please restart the application." The stock camera gives the standard error "Camera not responding....."

Any idea how I can stop GPS completely and/or get the camera to work.

Regards,
Fredrick

Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
I flashed the firmware and the emmc and somehow, everything was cleared but the problem that led me to flashing is still there - camera not responding, even after enabling the gps from settings. Says, Panorama says 'camera is reserved by another application', Camera+ says "Camera error. Please restart the application." The stock camera gives the standard error "Camera not responding....."

Any idea how I can stop GPS completely and/or get the camera to work.

Regards,
Fredrick
any ideas pls?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Unfortunately if flashing the device fails to mend the problem you are facing a real possibility that your device has a HW fault.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Unfortunately if flashing the device fails to mend the problem you are facing a real possibility that your device has a HW fault.
I do second that.

(Did you flash also eMMC? Not that I think it makes any difference, but to be on the safe side. If that also fails, HW failure ...)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I do second that.

(Did you flash also eMMC? Not that I think it makes any difference, but to be on the safe side. If that also fails, HW failure ...)
Yes, I flashed the firmware first, saved my data and then the emmc.
Something funny happened though, when I flashed the firmware, all things were intact (msgs, call logs n contacts) unlike what I had expected - thought a firmware flash would delete anything like messages, contacts etc. Is this proper?

meanwhile - I will check my hardware...thanks..

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
A firmware flash only flashes firmware (i.e. rootfs).
User data on /home and eMMC stays intact.

Please flash both files together!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
check cache folder
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Holy moly, I went and deleted the twitter folder in /home/.cache/data and now it seems to be working! ..and fixed just about every other issue I previously had!

I hope this helps others too