Active Topics

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Hello all

Recently,I wanted to replace my screen protector.I bought a local one,then i peeled off the old one ,only to observe a 2 cm width mark all over the length of the touch screen.I took it to Nokia care center.He told me that anti glare coating peeled off from the screen and he could not do anything.Except that ,screen is working fine with out screen protector.I really love my N900 a lot and can not see that it lost its beauty.I dont really know what exactly is the problem.what should i call that?LCD? I am willing to replace what ever you suggest.Guys,help me out.

Thanks in advance

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Its probably the digitizer.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
I will post a pic very soon for better understanding.Thank you

Exactly the self same thing happened to me. You need to replace the touch screen digitizer. If you shop around you may find someone who can do it at a reasonable price, or you can get a replacement off ebay, and there's videos on youtube showing how it's done.

In the meantime though you need to get another screen protector on ther or that screen will scratch like hell without that layer on.

Tags
good luck, nokia support