Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
I am having a little issue with my Nokia Developer account.
When I try to log in it asks me for Email OR username.
When I type my email address it logs in fine. However, when I type my username (as it appears on the top right corner of the page when I managed to log in) I get a wrong username or password (which is correct) message or "Your account is locked." message.
Is it normal?
I had same dilemma, but apperantly it is normal (somehow our developer usernames aren't associated to our accounts for login). I believe that this is due to merging accounts inside of Nokia.
However, I am not 100% sure about this, if someone could confirm it would be great.

What I know for sure is that we need to give that username located at developer.nokia.com page (upper right corner)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Quite a lot of confusion going on!
What I guess is going here:
Nokia merged/screwed databases for their different login systems.
Now all accounts are linked and you need to login with your Nokia account name (or e-mail), not anymore your developer account name.
I have chosen them to be the same, but it looks like the developer account may be different to the Nokia account. And then you may not login anymore with your developer name, but Nokia name.
Drax and aStrike, could you please check and confirm?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by draxcp6 View Post
Don't you have field "Nearest city"?
Only some cities are accepted, but town isn't for example.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
But you do have two lines to enter your complete address and a postal code (which I also included in above two lines).
Nearest city is somehow restricted to cities (for country boys ). And I think does not reflect the vcity/town/village you are living in.
TBC

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Same here I was quite dissappointed I came near the bottom!

Maybe it's just the developers that don't really like ebay apps - or just that voters didn't realise I was doing it in my spare time while having a full time job as well?
Relax! I attended last year's competition and also didn't get anywhere, but I totally enjoyed the experience. I later got several devices due to the app I developed, so you never know.

If you want you can publish it to Nokia Store and hopefully earn some pocket money.

I think I voted for your app by the way.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
I am having a little issue with my Nokia Developer account.
When I try to log in it asks me for Email OR username.
When I type my email address it logs in fine. However, when I type my username (as it appears on the top right corner of the page when I managed to log in) I get a wrong username or password (which is correct) message or "Your account is locked." message.
Is it normal?
That is normal. The developer account username is no longer used for login (it was stated when they implemented sso). You can login with either your email, or your nokia.com (old ovi.com) username.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Quite a lot of confusion going on!
What I guess is going here:
Nokia merged/screwed databases for their different login systems.
Now all accounts are linked and you need to login with your Nokia account name (or e-mail), not anymore your developer account name.
I have chosen them to be the same, but it looks like the developer account may be different to the Nokia account. And then you may not login anymore with your developer name, but Nokia name.
Drax and aStrike, could you please check and confirm?
When I go to developer.nokia.com, I can only login with my email, on nokia.com I can't find anywhere login.
Next I tried to login at store.ovi.com, and I can configure my account, however I can't find anywhere username (for example, when I go to store.ovi.com, it doesn't say "Hi Some_User", instead I get "Hi my@email.com".
So I guess that we can login only using emails.

The Following User Says Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
@draxcp6
Try
https://acount.nokia.com

And when you log in there and just open developer.nokia.com, you should be automatically logged in.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Nearest city is somehow restricted to cities (for country boys ). And I think does not reflect the vcity/town/village you are living in.
TBC
This field is actually quite funny - last time I've checked it, it was able to identify even small cities in some European countries, but wasn't aware of country capitals (sic!) existence, in some other (also European). Don't ask me, why they have implemented such ridiculous and confusing, yet *mandatory* field.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, yep the whole accounts merge/username thing seems to be pretty confusing - thanks for helping each other and pointing out the correct bits and pieces of info

I have a collection of odds and ends from folks, some have given me several different usernames, phone numbers, account history... But I'm not sure what to do with all that lol Also please don't send me any sensitive account info, leave that between yourself and your Nokia account

From what I understand from your posts, your Nokia developer username doesn't sign you in anymore.. either your email address or your standard Nokia username does. But once you're logged in, you should be able to access the developer.nokia.com site and see your developer username once in there.

if you provide me with that developer username and your email address, I'll pass both on so the Nokia rep can verify your account with both details. That should minimise any problems.

in the meantime, please check that your address details in both the developer account and the standard Nokia accounts match. Just in case, so you won't need to go to Papua New Guinea to collect your phone (unless you live there ofcourse!).

Yep, i also understand the 'nearest city' field in the Nokia developer account is silly. My nearest city is 45 miles away and I wouldn't like to have to go there to track down my parcels. There is a second address line to add the correct details, and as long as your post/zip code is correct there shouldn't be any problems. I wouldn't expect the 'nearest city' would appear on an address that is used for posting items, it's probably there as some kind of survey/research details for calculating the number of site users in an area..

I have usernames from most people .. I'm off to rugby training in a hour, and if I don't receive anything from the last few tonight I'll send them an email bump before bed.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas