Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I like MeeGo

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Really? For me it has sooo much baggage and negative connotations.
(not to mention how it's somewhat divisive within our own small community)
And it certainly does out there in the wider consumer market too...
I can understand them leveraging it's brand/name recognition at this early stage.
But I reckon they need to make a clean break once they do their announcement.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-31 at 17:08.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Really? For me it has sooo much baggage and negative connotations.
(not to mention how it's somewhat divisive within our own small community)
And it certainly does out there in the wider consumer market too...
I can understand them leveraging it's brand/name recognition at this early stage.
But I reckon they need to make a clean break once they do their announcement.
I tend to agree. Maemo was a much more positive brand for me as well. Meego has obviously had a lot more work done on it so it's understandable they'd use that, but I think a bit too much Moblin made it into that offspring...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I have already contacted with Jussi Hurmola, CEO at Jolla Ltd.

Let us review the document and we will forward the questions.
Why dont you tell Jussa Mussa to fix N9 and all the lagging that his team forgot to fix, as well as poor NOKIA drive on N9. Mr. Jussa better learn how to be a leader and gets thing done.

With regards to the name, Jolla is a joke. I know it has a meaning to Fins, but if he wants to sell phones outside of Finland, find something more appealing like: Fphone

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Why dont you tell Jussa Mussa to fix N9 and all the lagging that his team forgot to fix, as well as poor NOKIA drive on N9. Mr. Jussa better learn how to be a leader and gets thing done.

With regards to the name, Jolla is a joke. I know it has a meaning to Fins, but if he wants to sell phones outside of Finland, find something more appealing like: Fphone
You like to regularly lambast a team that's had resources constantly pulled out from under them (esp. in the last 10mth) as though it's not relevant dont you?
Is that how impartial you really are.....

Look that was just a totally childish & ****-stirring post, that's all you want to do here most of the time.
Why are you even here, really? I mean it's pretty clear that you're a one platform to rule them all kinda usr, so go do your thing.
Most *normal* heavy smartphone users appreciate the multiple platforms they use for what they are.
They're not so insecure that they have to ****-stir, simply because they may not use/like a platform as much as others.
Get a life already, seriously, you're constantly acting like a little baby....
And if you want to continue this PM me directly, you have no right to derail this thread with your venom.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-08-01 at 06:07. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post

Lumia is even funnier for 450 million Spanish speakers in the world. Indeed, a smart brand name.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Lumia is even funnier for 450 million Spanish speakers in the world. Indeed, a smart brand name.
But you can't deny that it's perfect for that product. It's dirty cheep and after using it, it gives you that bad feeling that something isn't quite as it is supposed to be.

Please let us keep this thread centered around Jolla and its related news / OS.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I want to keep this discussion to Jolla but one last dig pls...

We know what Lumia in spanish means...what does it suggest about the person who keeps his nick as Lumiaman...Is he a hired p*** by Elop

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
+1 to kevloral, although I did say earlier in the thread that jolla isn't jewel in Spanish. As for the pronounciation, a Spanish speaker from Spain might disagree, but I do agree with you, kevloral.
Actually, I am a Spanish speaker from Spain and I would pronounce both jolla and joya exactly the same.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla