PDA

View Full Version : Dell has the N900 for as low as $442

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

x61
2009-11-24, 16:09
I will before 3pm today it is on the truck and I only ordered November 19th when I got home from work.

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?cntry_code=US&language=EN&tracknumbers=753606283308&action=track

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9132/screenshot20091124at104.jpg

This says expected delivery is 2/1/2010. I smell something.

x61
2009-11-24, 16:12
Mine says it has been "shipped" estimated delivery to be tomorrow. But won't supply me the carrier.

Carrier: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Tracking Number: Data Temporarily Unavailable

Anybody tried resolving this problem with D3LL?

get0utside
2009-11-24, 16:15
I know it hasn't updated it at all. I even signed up to be emailed when shipped and I never received and email. Only found out by checking it this morning. Trust me it's true I'll post this afternoon with pictures.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 16:21
I'll bet they're putting priority on orders that they're not losing money on. Heh...because at that price we all got on the 5th, they must not be making any money (or possibly losing) on those orders. So anyone that ordered at a higher price is getting put first in the queue so that Dell can actually make some money off these. Just a thought. I don't know honestly.

bandora
2009-11-24, 16:24
I just got off the phone with Dell (I was talking to a person named Ricky).. Anyways, according to him, it actually matters where you live.. Because they use "3rd party vendors" that ship out the phone to people in different areas, and the vendor that's assigned to my order doesn't have an N900 yet.. :(

So I don't think Dell has anything to do with "giving other orders a priority".. It's just those stupid vendors that don't have an N900 in stock yet!!!! :mad:

EDIT: I told "Ricky" that I want to request to get my ordered "transferred" to another vendor if they have one available.. :D (Yes I am that desperate).. And he said he would do so.. but can't gaurantee if that will work or not.. So we'll see.. :p

egrims
2009-11-24, 16:25
I just got off the phone with Dell (I was talking to a person named Ricky).. Anyways, according to him, it actually matters where you live.. Because they use "3rd party vendors" that ship out the phone to people in different areas, and the vendor that's assigned to my order doesn't have an N900 yet.. :(

That would at least make a little more sense...kind of.

somedude
2009-11-24, 16:30
called dell again after looking at olighak phone being on the fedex truck and I got two other order numbers from another forum, onw was ordered on the 5th and another was on the 17th and all of them are showing out for delivery one is on the fedex and other on ups and as olighak's is on the fedex.
i was not a happy customer when I called and she kept telling me that mine would be shipped today which was ordered on the 5th and I asked what if it doesnot what is dell going to then, because I have already seen the order on the 19th been shipped they said they do not know why that happened and I asked who and when are they going to find out why this happened? I have been calling since yesterday. and she kept on and on and on saying it will be shipped today. and at last I asked well do you have any in stock and she goes no we dont. so I asked how the hell is it going to ship today if it is not even in stock and she still said it will be shipped today.
WTF they do not have it in stock and they are still saying that they will ship.
and she told me the payment method might have been the problem which made my order been shipped late, then I pulled out another order of my friend who paid through discover and even he had different shipping address than the billing address and he is about to get it UPS says out for delivery in washington DC.
This is just a load of crap from Dell.
:mad::mad::mad:

x61
2009-11-24, 16:31
That would at least make a little more sense...kind of.
No it does not... This will more likely cause a delay in his order.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 16:31
So I don't think Dell has anything to do with "giving other orders a priority".. It's just those stupid vendors that don't have an N900 in stock yet!!!! :mad:

Who are their "vendors"? I mean if both Nokia stores in Chicago and New York have the phones in stock and are selling to the public that just walk in off the streets....I live right between both those major cities, yet my status hasn't changed. Detroit is only 5 hours from Chicago. I'd say that's pretty close, I could drive out there and get one if I really wanted to. I live far closer than someone in Florida or California. I'm not sure I buy the proximity explanation.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 16:38
Crap crap crap....this is simple DELL! First in, first out...regardless of where you live! Simple as that. Stop trying to play footsies with your distribution centers and addresses, and what kind of credit card someone used. If I'm customer #3, then send my phone out 3rd on the list of ones you send out. Done!

jsharper
2009-11-24, 16:40
Would those of you who are in shipped status mind making sure the spreadsheet at http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en is updated? Maybe with some more data points we can identify which geographical areas are and are not shipping ground orders..

somedude
2009-11-24, 16:41
well if that is the case with DELL then they are just plain sorry a** business. If you are going discriminate your customers on where they live or how they want your order shipped is just plain BS.

charbar
2009-11-24, 16:42
i def know one pattern for sure... California is SOL :(

jsharper
This model probably normally works out in the customer's favor, allowing "ground" shipping to be closer to 2-3 days for everyone instead of up to 7 for some.

bandora
Crap crap crap....this is simple DELL! First in, first out...regardless of where you live! Simple as that. Stop trying to play footsies with your distribution centers and addresses, and what kind of credit card someone used. If I'm customer #3, then send my phone out 3rd on the list of ones you send out. Done!

Lol.. If you get your N900 first.. Can I visit you?? lol.. You're in Michigan.. not too far from me!! :D

x61
2009-11-24, 16:43
Just called Dell and was given the tracking number for my order and it is on time with usp. I will be receiving it tomorrow.

Check out the UPS info

bandora
2009-11-24, 16:44
Just called Dell and was given the tracking number for my order and it is on time with usp. I will be receiving it tomorrow.

I </3 you x61.. lol.. Well I will <3 everyone again when I get my N900! :eek:

zartan
2009-11-24, 16:45
My order is also discover and to washington dc so that blows the whole distribution center theory out of the water. This is certainly not first in first out as they promised.

somedude
2009-11-24, 16:48
My order is also discover and to washington dc so that blows the whole distribution center theory out of the water. This is certainly not first in first out as they promised.

Well there you go here is the proof you are not seeing any update but my friend from washington DC paid by dicover and used separate shipping address is about to recieve it anytime, and you at the same place same method of payment SOL.
wow Dell wow.

bandora
2009-11-24, 16:49

Ugh, this is frustrating.. :( I hate those stupid Dell reps!

lt10
2009-11-24, 16:51
i got my phone from dell!! It just arrived by fedex!!

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 16:54
Ugh, this is frustrating.. :( I hate those stupid Dell reps!

haha...I don't know why, but when I read that I had a total Anikin Skywalker moment...when he goes and kills the whole village of monsters that killed his mother, and is telling Padme about it.

x61
Guess I won't be traveling tomorrow for Thursday's thanksgiving. I'll wait and go Thursday morning (6 hours drive)

somedude

Check out the UPS info

cannot wait until rushmore sees that and freak out.

eleclipper
2009-11-24, 16:55
i got my phone from dell!! It just arrived by fedex!!

hahah nice did ur status change to shipped 2? I am just hoping that mayb they just forgot to switch my status lol.... oh and in what state are u located?

digittante
2009-11-24, 16:59
Has anyone from the west coast received a shipment notice from Dell?

Good question. I'm in Seattle. Ordered Nov 5th w/ Dell. Order still 'in production' as of 9am today.

lt10
georgia and yes the status changed this morning to shipped and it just arrived!

zartan
cannot wait until rushmore sees that and freak out.

rushmore received his shipping info.

somedude
2009-11-24, 17:00
georgia and yes the status changed this morning to shipped and it just arrived!

shipped this morning and it arrived?????

x61
2009-11-24, 17:01
Is D3LL giving the phones free?:D cause it seems like nobody's account has been charged yet... including mine. But the phone is shipped.

x61
2009-11-24, 17:02
shipped this morning and it arrived?????

It was probably shipped yesterday. That was when mine got shipped but my status did not change until this morning. Now it is time to be hitting F5 on ups.com to track my package.:D

boxhead
2009-11-24, 17:05
hay guys just got mine and broke the back cover trying to insert battery!

edit: in GA

lt10
2009-11-24, 17:05
shipped yesterday, but teh dell status was updated this morning.

egrims
2009-11-24, 17:06
It was probably shipped yesterday. That was when mine got shipped but my status did not change until this morning. Now it is time to be hitting F5 on ups.com to track my package.:D

Yea speaking of F5 I'm pretty sure Dell is getting pegged now with refreshes from all of us. Seems like the site keeps getting slower to come back.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 17:06
Hey, in any of that tracking information that you guys with phones being shipped have...does it show where the package is coming from? Usually there's an entry in the log that will show where it was picked up from when originally received from the source.

somedude
2009-11-24, 17:07
man this is pissing me off really bad.

boxhead
2009-11-24, 17:07
from tennessee.

lt10
2009-11-24, 17:08
shipped from memphis, tn

bugelrex
2009-11-24, 17:10
hay guys just got mine and broke the back cover trying to insert battery!

edit: in GA

tabs fell off or cracked cover?

de_gallux
2009-11-24, 17:11
I just found out this forum and want to contribute the status of my order.

Ordered on Dell on 11/5 for the $442 deal using Paypal with expected delivery 12/10, no status change as of now. Btw, I live in Michigan

x61
2009-11-24, 17:11
Hey, in any of that tracking information that you guys with phones being shipped have...does it show where the package is coming from? Usually there's an entry in the log that will show where it was picked up from when originally received from the source.

Mine just says:
Location.....Date.......Local Time....... ... Description
US....... 11/23/2009....2:19 A.M......BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

hihai411
2009-11-24, 17:15
I was suspecting it was due to our location. I think today confirms it, does not seem like CA orders are being fulfilled. So the vendor theory kinda makes sense. Man talk about let down so close yet so far.

x61
2009-11-24, 17:16
I just found out this forum and want to contribute the status of my order.

Ordered on Dell on 11/5 for the $442 deal using Paypal with expected delivery 12/10, no status change as of now. Btw, I live in Michigan

Welcome to the forum. You may want to update your order information here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en) for some serious data mining.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 17:24
I was suspecting it was due to our location. I think today confirms it, does not seem like CA orders are being fulfilled. So the vendor theory kinda makes sense. Man talk about let down so close yet so far.

I am in VA. Has fudge all to do with location. Its just pure out and out BS and crap. no logic - first orders should be the first ones ****ing fulfilled regardless of goddamn location

TheLongshot
2009-11-24, 17:28
I'm also in VA and I haven't received any shipping notification.

jsharper
2009-11-24, 17:28
for overnight, i agree. for ground, i'd much rather my order ship tomorrow from a CA warehouse than today from a TN warehouse, even if today the TN has stock and CA doesn't....

carolinabluejay
2009-11-24, 17:30
I just got an email from Dell that states:

"How are you doing today? This is in regards to the status of the order# *********. I got an update from the vendor and they anticipate the stocks to be recovered by November 30th. Please let me know if you need additional assistance."

This is becoming cruel. BTW I ordered for the second time on 11/20/2009 with an estimated delivery date of 2/23/2010 (the original delivery date for the first one that was canceled was 11/23/2009), with next day shipping.

Novurania
2009-11-24, 17:32
Why is everybody getting ticked a Dell? Think about it.

We have been told by several sources that the N900 will be drop shipped by Nokia.

Dell sends the orders to Nokia as they come in.
Nokia fulfills the orders.

Most likely, Nokia sent bulk deliveries to the carriers who are filling the orders based on their own shipping logistics.

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 17:32
Just got an update with UPS tracking number. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I am an Excel and data / pivot table king, but can not see any common link other than no devices shipped to the coastal states...?

People that:

1. Did or did not get the discount are getting them
2. People that ordered earlier and later are
3. Different states are and are not
4. Differnet payment methods
5. Different shipping methods

The only other issue is if one hub is supplying a wide range of states.... Has anyone on the east or west coast states gotten order confirmations yet?

zartan
2009-11-24, 17:33

We have been told by several sources that the N900 will be drop shipped by Nokia.

Most likely, Nokia sent bulk deliveries to the carriers who are filling the orders based on their own shipping logistics.

We are pissed because the whole premise of preordering is that you will receive yours before people who placed their order AFTER yours and this isn't happening.

somedude
2009-11-24, 17:33
well just not the east and west what about in the middle? No texas no kansas no oklahoma no chicago.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 17:36

Because I didnt order from Nokia - I ordered from Dell. If **** is being shipped in the wrong order - I don't give a flying fudge if the problem is with Nokia - Its up to Dell to sort the problem out because THATS WHO I ORDERED FROM!

bocaJ
2009-11-24, 17:36
I added a state column to the spreadsheet.

de_gallux
2009-11-24, 17:37
Welcome to the forum. You may want to update your order information here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en) for some serious data mining.

Holy Cr4p!! more than 4100 posts on N900 delay and more than 500 posts on Dell orders alone. This is borderline obsessive disorder,... and of course I want to join the fun ..hahah

I have filled the spreadsheet and meanwhile I try to skim through other topics in this forum. You guys are very organized ... respect!!

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 17:37
well just not the east and west what about in the middle? No texas no kansas no oklahoma no chicago.

My only guess is my original one that hubs that get stock in are shipping as they get them. This may explain why no coastal or more western states have gotten them.

Someone (boxhead) on the thread broke their back cover trying to load the battery. Droid has a metal one, so I did not have to worry about that. Mental note to be careful with N900 when installing battery.

BTW, I did not know you could do a community spreadsheet like that. I still have a LOT to learn :( :)

hihai411
2009-11-24, 17:40
I def agree that dell should be shipping according to order recieved. I ordered on the 5th why the heck do I have to wait longer than someone that ordered after me, utter bs nonsense.

somedude
2009-11-24, 17:41
I def agree that dell should be shipping according to order recieved. I ordered on the 5th why the heck do I have to wait longer than someone that ordered after me, utter bs nonsense.

welcome to the piss party

x61
2009-11-24, 17:42
Holy Cr4p!! more than 4100 posts on N900 delay and more than 500 posts on Dell orders alone. This is borderline obsessive disorder,... and of course I want to join the fun ..hahah

I have filled the spreadsheet and meanwhile I try to skim through other topics in this forum. You guys are very organized ... respect!!

Ha that's nothing. You should have seen "Did your N900 got shipped today" thread which gathered great momentum and could easily have reach 10,000+ by now had it not been closed down.

jsharper
2009-11-24, 17:45
I added a state column to the spreadsheet.

There are already a couple of state columns. I assumed your HI was ship-to state and merged it.

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 17:51
Shipping by order date will only work if one hub is shipping. Too much cross traffic and inefficiency otherwise.

Now, if an order shipped from the same hub that is newer than another order- that would be wrong in this situation. That is probably happening and I get no sense of control with this launch. Looks like there is significant lag in delivery to their channel hubs. Again more signs of a very slow & low start to shipment volume.

jflatt
2009-11-24, 17:52
Should add postal code so we can see it on a map

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 18:01
1. Not an east coast issue since MD and NC are getting them

2. I would have thought at least MD and VA would get deliveries from same hub and looks like people that ordered on 11/19 are getting before 11/5 orders.

3. The current sample suggests low supply (DUH), since if Dell had their pre-order allocations, we should probably see more orders fulfilled.

4. MD gets them, VA does not, but NC gets them. Odd.

Of course a lot of people may be getting them everywhere, unless we assume our own sample represents the whole thing.

kingofkingz24
2009-11-24, 18:01
im with the distrubution theory cuz Arizona is getting no love either

somedude
2009-11-24, 18:08
however this was my first purchase from Dell and as you can see not a really satisfying one, with all these kinds of distribution dicrimination, I am pretty sure not going back to dell another time, unless something I want and I can get it in the deal I got 470 total for N900

carolinabluejay
2009-11-24, 18:09
1. Not an east coast issue since MD and NC are getting them...

Not all of NC is getting them I am still waiting :(.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:09
What is going on with DELL !!!!

somedude
2009-11-24, 18:10
Nokia USA website now lists N900 in stock
https://store.nokia.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdetail_10500_10101_-1_10000367

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 18:15
With complete awareness some may throw both blunt and sharp objects at me, at least some Dell orders are seeing movement and now Nokia direct apparently is getting the phone in stock. For the US, this suggests Nokia direct channels are getting all available allocations first.

My guess is more Dell orders will be filled today and tomorrow and some more here will be much happier than if ordered from somewhere else. If supply is constrained, Amazon and Newegg may be waiting at least a week longer....

somedude
2009-11-24, 18:17
even if they ship tomorrow for my order I would still not be happy with Dell how they played this. order from the 5th doesnot get any shipments while the order on the 19th does.
(in context of my order from 5th and my friends from the 19th)

bocaJ
2009-11-24, 18:18
I'm siding with the distribution center theory. If you sort the spreadsheet by state, you'll see that ALL Orders to Georgia have been shipped, ALL orders to Kentucky have been shipped and 2/3 orders to NC have been shipped (and the one in NC that hasn't been fulfilled was a singleton order placed on the 20th).

x61
2009-11-24, 18:21
I am thinking about calling UPS telling them the item in their tracking system is a Thanksgiving gift and that I won't be available tomorrow to pick it up when they come. So I would appreciate it if they can allow me to pick it up when it arrives in my city... Anybody think they'd buy this and allow me to pick it up? I know they don't allow pickup until after 1st attempt.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:23
Dell Customer Care Rep saying no nokia n900 are in stock.. haha

800-456-3355 Ext 6125680 Jan

Everyone can call him about the Nokia N900 .

egrims
2009-11-24, 18:26
I am thinking about calling UPS telling them the item in their tracking system is a Thanksgiving gift and that I won't be available tomorrow to pick it up when they come. So I would appreciate it if they can allow me to pick it up when it arrives in my city... Anybody think they'd buy this and allow me to pick it up? I know they don't allow pickup until after 1st attempt.

Lol sounds like a good idea but I highly doubt they will go for it. I'm sure they get millions of those kind of calls around this time of year.

mmurfin87
2009-11-24, 18:27
This thread has turned into the biggest bunch of whining I have ever seen. Dell says 12/10. If you get it before then, be happy. If not, be satisfied. If its late, THEN come back here and I'll whine about Dell with you.

Otherwise, shut up and leave the Dell reps alone.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 18:28
Called DELL again they are now working the "Nokia says they have no stock because of production issues" line. I pointed out that people were still getting shipping notices.

Then they went back to the standard crap that noone is getting the phone because Nokia has none

x61
2009-11-24, 18:29
My credit card is yet to be charged by D3LL. Anybody else smells early thanksgiving gift?:D

Bratag
2009-11-24, 18:29
This thread has turned into the biggest bunch of whining I have ever seen. Dell says 12/10. If you get it before then, be happy. If not, be satisfied. If its late, THEN come back here and I'll whine about Dell with you.

The ****ing problem here is that people who ordered AFTER us are getting the goddamn phone before US

zartan
2009-11-24, 18:30

Don't take it out on us because you haven't received yer N900 from Amazon :cool:

x61
Called DELL again they are now working the "Nokia says they have no stock because of production issues" line. I pointed out that people were still getting shipping notices.

Then they went back to the standard crap that noone is getting the phone because Nokia has none

Lol... Guess, I am receiving an empty box weight 2lb from D3LL via UPS.

carolinabluejay
I have the lone un-filled order to NC. My original order was placed prior to 11/20. However Dell screwed up the pricing and had to cancel my preorder and refund my money, and resubmit my order to correct the price error. When they did this they, I was guaranteed that my est. delivery date would be pushed back only a couple of days. Then when the transaction was complete, the confirmation email listed a date of 2/2010. Naturally, I complained to Dell about this, and was given the usual we're sorry but there is nothing we can do. The most recent email from them states that the stock will be replenished on 11/30 and they will contact me with an updated delivery date when they receive one.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:31

U can wait .....

we'll tell you how good the phone is when its in our hands earlier then yours :)

HAHA I dont think everyone wants to wait.

zartan
2009-11-24, 18:33
U can wait .....

we'll tell you how good the phone is when its in our hands earlier then yours :)

HAHA I dont think everyone wants to wait.

Lol poor dell reps.... :confused:

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:39
Lol poor dell reps.... :confused:

Poor Us..you meant to say correct?. :(

I think alot of people are about to blow up with all the lies we been told ....

hihai411
2009-11-24, 18:39

are u seriously foreals? I should just keep my mouth shut because dell ships some to newer orders and not mine and claims they have no idea whats happening and that makes me a whiner?

zartan
2009-11-24, 18:40
Poor Us..you meant to say correct?. :(

I think alot of people are about to blow up with all the lies we been told ....

Sorry that was meant as sarcasm. The dell reps are completely disconnected from reality.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:41
Sorry that was meant as sarcasm. The dell reps are completely disconnected from reality.

Yes i did thats why i joked back... :)

get0utside
2009-11-24, 18:42
Just Got IT! From dell overnight. Sorry guys but just had to let you know. I think dell has just been passing their orders onto their vendor and the vendor has been arbitrarily shipping them. As shown by the google docs there is little to no logic, Best of luck.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/542/img6829y.jpg

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 18:43
Dell is holding back our orders until they can secretly replace our devices with their OWN flagship mega phone device.

http://mobile.engadget.com/2009/10/21/dell-streak-is-a-5-inch-android-2-0-mid-packs-3g-and-wifi-vide/

digittante
2009-11-24, 18:43
however this was my first purchase from Dell and as you can see not a really satisfying one, with all these kinds of distribution dicrimination, I am pretty sure not going back to dell another time, unless something I want and I can get it in the deal I got 470 total for N900

"Discrimination" is a pretty loaded word. While you might feel like you're being 'discriminated' against, is it possible that's just your reaction to the ambiguity around the selection method behind who's gotten their device so far?

hihai411
2009-11-24, 18:44
Just Got IT! From dell overnight. Sorry guys but just had to let you know. I think dell has just been passing their orders onto their vendor and the vendor has been arbitrarily shipping them. As shown by the google docs there is little to no logic, Best of luck.

nice pic, congrats on the new phone!

egrims
2009-11-24, 18:44

Congrats man. Glad to see it wasn't just a hoax. Enjoy!

Bratag
2009-11-24, 18:45
I need a valid ****ing order number so the next time I call Dell and they give me the standard Nokia has no phones BS I can say - well what the **** did you ship to this guy then.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 18:45

Gah!!!! Damn you kids, with your clothes, and your hair, and your music, and your N900's that successfully shipped from Dell!

digittante
2009-11-24, 18:49
WAHOO! My dell order status has changed to 'Shipped'. Here's a little trick I've discovered that seemed to work:

1. Go to your Dell order status page
2. Hit 'refresh' in the browser within 59 seconds
3. Repeat #2

If you refresh this page more than 60 times in 1 hour, it seems to bump your order into some 'priority queue' and your device gets bumped to the top of the queue....

Good Luck!

x61
2009-11-24, 18:51
WAHOO! My dell order status has changed to 'Shipped'. Here's a little trick I've discovered that seemed to work:

3. Repeat #2

If you refresh this page more than 60 times in 1 hour, it seems to bump your order into some 'priority queue' and your device gets bumped to the top of the queue....

Good Luck!

This is bull...

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 18:51
What state do you live in? digittante

egrims
2009-11-24, 18:54
This is bull...

10 bucks says somebody tried it.

x61
2009-11-24, 18:54
My UPS trick did not work... guess I have to wait till tomorrow. This wait is certainly going to be longer than my two months wait.

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 18:57

3. Repeat #2

Good Luck!

OMG I am SOOO going to write a bash script to do this right now on my Linux server at home!

hihai411
2009-11-24, 18:57
10 bucks says somebody tried it.

you win 10 bucks.

x61
2009-11-24, 19:02
I have added a column to the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en) to determine if those that live in D3LL taxable state are the ones getting it first... So fill it up.

egrims
2009-11-24, 19:02
you win 10 bucks.

I should have bet a shiny new N900 ;)

Bratag
2009-11-24, 19:09

3. Repeat #2

Good Luck!

Congrats - apparently they must have got some stock back in and then run out again immediately because Dell are still claiming no stock.

Good luck with that empty box they just shipped you :)

Dont suppose you would be willing to PM me your order # so I can ram it directly up their *** next time I call them

Bratag
2009-11-24, 19:34
Noone can provide an order # so we can go back to Dell and say SEE!!!!?

I realise its a big ask :(

bugelrex
2009-11-24, 19:40
For those who have received their unit, does the invoice have a date prior to Nov 16th. Ie. Will there be any issue with getting the $50 rebate

bocaJ
2009-11-24, 19:44
I wonder if people that recieved an N900 from Dell could post their order numbers? I really don't see much risk there, particularly if that's all we have...

hihai411
2009-11-24, 19:48
digittante- if you recieved an email why not update your status on the excel sheet? like ur state etc etc...

likesprettythings
2009-11-24, 20:23
I'm in CA. I got the runaround for close to 2 hours. I'm supposed to be receiving a call from a supervisor I spoke with yesterday after the warehouse responds to his email. He said he was curious how others could have their phones shipped out already. I emailed him a link to this thread. The 'Dell Is Shipping' thread was unfortunately merged with a larger one.

I'm in CA and still no update either. I spoke to Dell and the rep told me that they are backlogged on orders for the N900 and that mine will ship on December 7th. The other day they told me the ship date was November 24th, so who knows when it will be :mad: (I also ordered on November 5th, and don't understand the supposed queue they had for pre-orders)

de_gallux
2009-11-24, 20:42
After reviewing the spreadsheet and skimming through the pages on this thread, here's my speculation:
- Dell is Nokia 'premium' retailer but I suspect they have several 3rd party distributor in their supply chain. The pre-order list is disctributed over these '3rd party' while Dell only maintain the purchasing/pre-order database.
- One distributor somewhere in TN received the stock the earliest thus it can start shipping to their pre-order list.
- The conspiracy that full price will ship earlier than the $442 deal made non sense, some already got it shipped.
- Method of payments and state tax has no effect I assume
- Only small percentage of people got any shipping notification or have their N900 shipped, so I guess the first wave of N900 in stock at the distributor hands probably only a small number.
- As for priority, when I looked at the spreadsheet, only one thing that is unknown: the alphabetical order of either lastname or firstname.of the buyers.

Well, when we got more data put into the spreadsheet maybe we can analyze it better. It would be helpful for everybody if the ones who already got theirs update the information on the spreadsheet.

Nokia screw the launch of N900 badly with their delay and Dell is not helping either. But I am gonna start to worry about my order when more than 50% of the people on the spreadsheet list get their N900 but i don't. Or, after 12/10. I figure my first name start with 'J' and last name start with 'N' so I am in the middle of the pack.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 21:04
Guys.

Check this ups tracking no:
1Z1836920367113021

A sweet N900 coming to me UPS ground tomorrow.

They actually want the dell order number. I tried giving them a fedex tracker - they wouldnt take it

olighak
2009-11-24, 21:04
They actually want the dell order number. I tried giving them a fedex tracker - they wouldnt take it

What do you want to do with it?

Ok hang on 939130856.

Thatīs the one you just got the tracking # for. My first name is Oli

tehsu
2009-11-24, 21:06
I want an amazon order number that has shipped so i can ***** at amazon too

MountainX
2009-11-24, 21:07

That's how I feel :D :D
I'm really not in that much of a dire need for my N900 (in other words, no business or travel deadline, etc.), but this thread and related threads are addictive ;)

I'm just getting caught up in the anticipation and having fun watching all this play out.

Personally, I do not think any of this was orchestrated on purpose by Nokia, but in another thread someone thought it was a masterstoke of marketing with every delay and small release mapped out in detail. Still don't believe that, but the effect is the same. It is creating a lot of drama and my interest is palpably increased :D

Of course, it will be more fun when I actually get my N900! Hopefully one more day...

likesprettythings
2009-11-24, 21:07
I paid a little over $43 tax and am still "in production"

I have added a column to the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en) to determine if those that live in D3LL taxable state are the ones getting it first... So fill it up.

MountainX
2009-11-24, 21:11
After reviewing the spreadsheet and skimming through the pages on this thread, here's my speculation:

- One distributor somewhere in TN received the stock the earliest thus it can start shipping to their pre-order list.

Memphis TN is the FedEx hub. FedEx handles logistics (I believe that may include warehousing). But TN is just FedEx and this is a very common origin for things shipped via FedEx where FedEx is involved in supply chain logistics.

EDIT: Sorry, seems I didn't have the full story. See following posts for corrections.

However, UPS also has a major hub in Memphis, TN, fwiw.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 21:15
What do you want to do with it?

Ok hang on 939130856.

Thatīs the one you just got the tracking # for. My first name is Oli

Basically I am going to call Dell - and when they say none are shipping I am going to say - Oh really what about this one?

egrims
2009-11-24, 21:15
Memphis TN is the FedEx hub. FedEx handles logistics (I believe that may include warehousing). But TN is just FedEx and this is a very common origin for things shipped via FedEx where FedEx is involved in supply chain logistics.

That tracking number looked like UPS. I thought UPS was the ones that started with 1Z blah blah blah

misticjeff
2009-11-24, 21:18
Added a column to the spreadsheet:

First Initial of Last Name

Let's see if it helps make sense of things

pagesix1536
2009-11-24, 21:18
Read again

UPS ground from:
Dell ARRC Nashville
6852 Eastgate BLVD STE B
Lebanon TN 37090-6004

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=6852+Eastgate+BLVD+STE+B+Lebanon+TN&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.777825,125.859375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=6852+Eastgate+Blvd,+Lebanon,+Wilson,+Tenness ee+37090&t=h&z=17

Thatīs the cave where N900īs are incubated :)

Wow, nice! No street view, but you can see all the loading docks and semi-trucks parked on the overhead view. I think if you squint and close one eye you can see some N900's in the photo too!

Rushmore
2009-11-24, 21:23
Dell allows order number checks without ID? If so, sorry Bratag for dragging my feet. I was told the order number is an access point for the account and needs ID.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 21:26
Dell allows order number checks without ID? If so, sorry Bratag for dragging my feet. I was told the order number is an access point for the account and needs ID.

You wouldnt think they would - but apparently they can do it from their side. Now they are just shufflilng me from one dept to another.... its awesome. I hate these pricks.

jsharper
2009-11-24, 21:34
Read again

UPS ground from:
Dell ARRC Nashville
6852 Eastgate BLVD STE B
Lebanon TN 37090-6004

Thatīs the cave where N900īs are incubated :)

If you got that addr from the "From" portion of the shipping label on your box, I wouldn't assume that's where the box was actually shipped from. That could simply be the address that Dell wants the carrier to send the box back to in the event that it is undeliverable or refused.

somedude
2009-11-24, 21:43
Added a column to the spreadsheet:

First Initial of Last Name

Let's see if it helps make sense of things

Mine starts with C nothing for me so far so they went opposite started with Z?

BadBrain
2009-11-24, 21:45
Sorry to change the subject again, but my order was also Nov. 5th and delivery date from Dell is at 12/10 as with others. Just got my order confirmed with a rep and she knew was a shipping date for me to WA on 12/7.
What is another 2 weeks - Cheers!

tehsu
2009-11-24, 21:48
You wouldnt think they would - but apparently they can do it from their side. Now they are just shufflilng me from one dept to another.... its awesome. I hate these pricks.

Any updates?

jsharper
2009-11-24, 21:49
Sorry to change the subject again, but my order was also Nov. 5th and delivery date from Dell is at 12/10 as with others. Just got my order confirmed with a rep and she knew was a shipping date for me to WA on 12/7.
What is another 2 weeks - Cheers!

I wouldn't put too much stock in the 12/7 date -- that's the date Dell has had for all of us Nov 5th order people since the beginning. And surely that wasn't an informed date since Nokia hadn't even finalized the decision of when to ship by then. So if 12/7 is an accurate date, it was mere coincidence.

Bratag
2009-11-24, 21:52
Any updates?

Finally got them to admit it was complete BS that some people had been getting them shipped - they have no idea why. Had it pushed up the management tree. Got some sort of priority order going into Nokia , which wont of course help much if there are no units to ship.

Am to expect and email/call apparently though I have my doubts.

The woman I spoke to at least gave me an extension number and commented that this was a known problem and they had been getting calls all day. Keep up the pressure kids :)

Novurania
2009-11-24, 21:52
12/7 is the date they gave me last week.

BadBrain
2009-11-24, 21:55
I wouldn't put too much stock in the 12/7 date -- that's the date Dell has had for all of us Nov 5th order people since the beginning.
Not for me. My last rep reply was 11/24 and since its still in preorder, I thought I ask again. Besides, I agree with you that whatever they give us now is a guess at best.

somedude
2009-11-24, 21:55
haha called again had a free time not anything else to do so complain them again and she said you had called this morning about the same thing and I said yes I am calling back to get your attention and get it right because I was told it will ship today and its 4:00 CST and it still has not.

Devaspark
2009-11-24, 21:56
I had to log in to say you are awesome :) going to call after work to give them a what-for.

Finally got them to admit it was complete BS that some people had been getting them shipped - they have no idea why. Had it pushed up the management tree. Got some sort of priority order going into Nokia , which wont of course help much if there are no units to ship.

Am to expect and email/call apparently though I have my doubts.

The woman I spoke to at least gave me an extension number and commented that this was a known problem and they had been getting calls all day. Keep up the pressure kids :)

MountainX
2009-11-24, 22:04
Nope the Dell N900 seems to be coming from the same place as my N97 came. Dell ARRC Nashville in Lebanon TN.

I just emailed Dell and got a tracking number for my order. Here is the info:

Location Date Local Time Description
MEMPHIS, TN, US 11/24/2009 2:14 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
MEMPHIS, TN, US 11/23/2009 10:31 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
BARTLETT, TN, US 11/23/2009 8:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/23/2009 4:40 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/22/2009 1:46 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 11/24/2009 4:57 P.M. ET

In Transit - On Time

Scheduled Delivery Date:
11/25/2009

Shipped/Billed On:
11/22/2009
Type:
Package
Service:
GROUND
Weight:
2.00 Lbs

I'm still not seeing the charge appear on my Discover card, but that probably just means that Discover is slow to update.

hihai411
2009-11-24, 22:10
Man if i hear that lollipop song one more time i will shoot myself. Alrite, I got off the phone with a manager named "Arvin" he stated to me that the n900 has already shipped out today. He is unsure as to why status is still coming up as "in production". I gave him my number and he said the cs reps will keep me updated as to whats going on and he also sent out a request for some answers from Nokia.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 22:16
Anyone in CA got there phone yet?

charbar
2009-11-24, 22:17
i dont think anyone in CA even have a shipment yet :\

x61
2009-11-24, 22:19
Man if i hear that lollipop song one more time i will shoot myself. Alrite, I got off the phone with a manager named "Arvin" he stated to me that the n900 has already shipped out today. He is unsure as to why status is still coming up as "in production". I gave him my number and he said the cs reps will keep me updated as to whats going on and he also sent out a request for some answers from Nokia.

You should have asked for a tracking number. Once you have that, you'd be sure it has been shipped.

tehsu
2009-11-24, 22:22
Looks like Amazon n Dell are both shipping from Bartlett, TN.

Laughing Man
2009-11-24, 22:23
Aww, I was hoping to get it from the Amazon warehouse in VA.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-24, 22:23
U should always ask for a service request # so they can go back in your file to see whats going on..when you ask for a service request. :)

Bratag
2009-11-24, 22:25
U should always ask for a service request # so they can go back in your file to see whats going on..when you ask for a service request. :)

I have two of those - you want em :)?

hihai411
2009-11-24, 22:25
You should have asked for a tracking number. Once you have that, you'd be sure it has been shipped.

I took it as since today is Nov.24th it has already shipped out, more of a general statement than anything specific to my order. Well if he is right that would be awesome but for some reason I highly doubt that it has shipped out.

hihai411
2009-11-24, 22:26

Yea, he provided me with a service number also.

Mattside
2009-11-24, 23:08
Hi guys,

Nice to meet everyone that's having the same gripes as me. I've been following the boards for a few days and I just registered. I have no new information to offer... only that I'm in MD and have not received any shipping info.

I called and complained to Dell as well, and the most I got was a free upgrade to Overnight shipping. The guy I spoke to yesterday (Mitch) said that they're expecting units in today and that mine will ship out on the 7th... I couldn't figure out that disparity.

Anyway, I've put my information into the spreadsheet. I look forward to further Dell/Nokia/all-purpose bashing, especially from Bratag... that's one hilariously angry guy, and he makes reading these threads very enjoyable to me. :)

P.S.: That lollipop song IS damn annoying.

jsharper
2009-11-24, 23:22
I called and complained to Dell as well, and the most I got was a free upgrade to Overnight shipping.

Arg. You're not the first person who has got them to upgrade you to free overnight shipping. I tried last week to PAY for an upgrade to overnight shipping and could not get anyone who could actually make the change. They kept transferring me around in a loop and eventually hanging up on me.

Mattside
2009-11-24, 23:29
Yea, it took me a couple of tries too. I guess I got lucky with this rep. After I asked all my other questions, I just asked "So, if I wanted to upgrade my shipping to Overnight, 1: Would I lose my place in line and 2: how much would it cost?" He said hold on because he had to get me to right channel, but he'll check real quick. Then he came back and said it was upgraded. After I asked how much it would cost me, he said free of charge. So I probably won't be bothering them for awhile. :)

egrims
2009-11-24, 23:36
I'll save you guys some clicks on Dell's site:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115 :p

bocaJ
2009-11-24, 23:52
Alright, I called Dell. Here are some highlights:

*Dell ships out of their own wearhouses. The first rep I spoke with said "oh, it's all Nokia, they will ship to you/handle fulfillment, we only do the sales" so I asked for Nokia's number. After calling them and going around a few times, I finally got a conference call going with Nokia Sales Rep, Dell CSR and Myself, and the first Dell rep I spoke with quickly confirmed that Dell had to get shipments to their wearhouses before they could ship to us.

*The rep confirmed that Dell did what they could to fulfil orders on a first come, first serve basis. I mentioned Olighak's order, but since that the order number he posted was for the 11/5 order, it wasn't illuminating - the rep just said "oh, that might have been just before you".(note: I did end up finding an order number for after 11/5 - I'll leave the user name/forum name anonymous so they don't get bombarded by people begging for such a number - and I called back and left a message with the most helpful Dell rep - 'John'. If I get a response, I'll let everyone here know).

*They are sticking to the line that the 7th of December is the next shipping date, *meh*.

*I had already paid for overnight shipping. I asked if since I had been given conflicting pieces of information that they might waive my shipping fee, and while they responded "well, there's been no delay since it was estimated for the 7th of December, but I can waive shipping as a one time courtesy"

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 00:13
Tomorrow is high noon between Droid and the N900. Well, high evening, since I have to work.

liveslow
2009-11-25, 00:50
I made a simple google map using the spreadsheet info, showing orders shipped by state. Obviously this is very limited data to base any strong conclusion on. Additionally, states that have had orders shipped to, also have orders that haven't been shipped. All that aside, I think you can easily see a visual geographic concentration of shipped orders.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104603489076153721951.000479272064034fc2e8d

somedude
2009-11-25, 00:53
now I am going into hibernation for the shipping thread until 7th.
there is absolutely nothing we can do to fasten the process.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 00:57
I'll save you guys some clicks on Dell's site:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115 :p

Nice thanks

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 01:01
Alright, I called Dell. Here are some highlights:

*Dell ships out of their own wearhouses. The first rep I spoke with said "oh, it's all Nokia, they will ship to you/handle fulfillment, we only do the sales" so I asked for Nokia's number. After calling them and going around a few times, I finally got a conference call going with Nokia Sales Rep, Dell CSR and Myself, and the first Dell rep I spoke with quickly confirmed that Dell had to get shipments to their wearhouses before they could ship to us.

*The rep confirmed that Dell did what they could to fulfil orders on a first come, first serve basis. I mentioned Olighak's order, but since that the order number he posted was for the 11/5 order, it wasn't illuminating - the rep just said "oh, that might have been just before you".(note: I did end up finding an order number for after 11/5 - I'll leave the user name/forum name anonymous so they don't get bombarded by people begging for such a number - and I called back and left a message with the most helpful Dell rep - 'John'. If I get a response, I'll let everyone here know).

*They are sticking to the line that the 7th of December is the next shipping date, *meh*.

*I had already paid for overnight shipping. I asked if since I had been given conflicting pieces of information that they might waive my shipping fee, and while they responded "well, there's been no delay since it was estimated for the 7th of December, but I can waive shipping as a one time courtesy"

Respectfully,

Dell does not carry phones in their warehouses no more than they carry printers or any other non direct computer product. They do not tie up working capital with inventory they do not have to. Almost everything they sell is through consignment- and not very favorable net supplier payment terms, either. Works out for Dell though ;)

I am not aware of Dell having many distribution hubs, but many suppliers do.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 01:08
Well looks like Newegg are going to win the race - if they still ship on the 30th. After the cluster fudge that this release has been I have my doubts about that as well.

Either way - first shipper gets the cash - the other gets a swift shot in the cancel button

bocaJ
2009-11-25, 01:15
Respectfully,

Dell does not carry phones in their warehouses no more than they carry printers or any other non direct computer product. They do not tie up working capital with inventory they do not have to. Almost everything they sell is through consignment- and not very favorable net supplier payment terms, either. Works out for Dell though ;)

I am not aware of Dell having many distribution hubs, but many suppliers do.

I don't disbelieve that, but it's hard to argue the point when both the reps from Dell and Nokia are on the same phone call telling you that's not the case.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 01:18
I don't disbelieve that, but it's hard to argue the point when both the reps from Dell and Nokia are on the same phone call telling you that's not the case.

Hey, it's Dell, what else would we expect but some level of confusion? ;)

hihai411
2009-11-25, 01:22
Honestly, I don't know what to believe. The manager i spoke to yesterday told me nokia is the actual shipper same thing with the manager i spoke to today. Yet they were expecting shipment nov 24th? I have no idea what to believe.

MountainX
2009-11-25, 01:25
Tomorrow is high noon between Droid and the N900. Well, high evening, since I have to work.

I want to know about GPS functions between the two.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 01:34
I do too, as well as how good Flash is, since I have yet to see Flash play smoothly on the N900. I believe people when they say it does, I just have not seen a video of it.

I would like to know about game and video performance using Flash.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 01:35
I want to know about GPS functions between the two.

From what I have seen from my g1 running the new android navi stuff - its pretty nice. Very usable as long as you have a connection.
Ovi maps will not compare. That being said there is a third party navi software coming out for the n900 before the end of the year by a company I believe is owned by TOM TOM. Cant remember the darn name right now though.

olighak
2009-11-25, 01:36
From what I have seen from my g1 running the new android navi stuff - its pretty nice. Very usable as long as you have a connection.
Ovi maps will not compare. That being said there is a third party navi software coming out for the n900 before the end of the year by a company I believe is owned by TOM TOM. Cant remember the darn name right now though.

sygic, sygic.com

digittante
2009-11-25, 07:33
I made a simple google map using the spreadsheet info, showing orders shipped by state. Obviously this is very limited data to base any strong conclusion on. Additionally, states that have had orders shipped to, also have orders that haven't been shipped. All that aside, I think you can easily see a visual geographic concentration of shipped orders.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104603489076153721951.000479272064034fc2e8d

Ossm-est example of user-generated content I've seen all day!

x61
2009-11-25, 13:28
CC just got charged. UPS is on the way to deliver.

x61
2009-11-25, 13:38
Mobilecityonline.com just kept on changing the date on people. This is like the 6th EAD on their site. Yesterday, the had EAD of Nov 25th, Today? Dec 1. Just glad I joined the D3LL deal boat.

MountainX
2009-11-25, 13:39
11/25/2009 5:53 a.m. Out for delivery

x61
2009-11-25, 14:01
11/25/2009.... 4:01 A.M. ..... OUT FOR DELIVERY

I had it to be delivered to my lab but my school is closed today and all the doors are locked so I woke up earlier with a cup of coffee in hand and now I am waiting for the usp guy to come by the door... I will be here for some time... I don't want to miss the "1st delivery attempt" :D

jsharper
2009-11-25, 14:15
I hope the driver isn't aware of the school's closure and just skips the attempt to deliver because of it... good luck

x61
2009-11-25, 14:18
I hope the driver isn't aware of the school's closure and just skips the attempt to deliver because of it... good luck

That will be terrible... I will wage war with UPS if that happens.

x61
2009-11-25, 14:29
Louisville, ky, us 11/25/2009 9:09 a.m. "the receiver is on a holiday. Delivery will be attempted when the receiver returns / package will be delivered next business day-no saturday guarantee"

Kwincy
2009-11-25, 14:40
Has anyone seen Dells new price for the N900? It's now $449 after the mail in rebate and $500 before!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Phones_with_Carrier_Plan/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A3076016

pagesix1536
2009-11-25, 15:01
Has anyone seen Dells new price for the N900? It's now $449 after the mail in rebate and $500 before!

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Phones_with_Carrier_Plan/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A3076016

Damn, these retailers can't make up their mind what the heck to charge for this thing. These prices are all over the board. That's a good price though....if you can get Dell to ship you one sometime this decade.

jsharper
2009-11-25, 15:06
Louisville, ky, us 11/25/2009 9:09 a.m. "the receiver is on a holiday. Delivery will be attempted when the receiver returns / package will be delivered next business day-no saturday guarantee"

that sux. hopefully you can get them to let you pick it up will-call this evening... or at least attempt delivery today anyway by telling them their info is wrong since you are there specifically to get the package.

fake
2009-11-25, 16:23
I just cancelled my Amazon order and put in an order with Dell. Here's hoping I get the device before the New Year.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 16:27
TWO Nokia N900īs just delivered fresh in the door. :)

From Dell ARRC in Lebanon TN :)

Packaging was a little shoddy though. Just stuffed in a envelope and boxes hence a little crushed.

Let us know if you have the mic problem (some say theirs is not working). Also reports of random reboots. I am hoping these issues are not common. Be a few hours before I can get home to see if mine is on the porch.

kev30
2009-11-25, 16:31
sigh. congrats on all you guys that'll be getting the n900s. still no delivery for us californians :(

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-25, 16:35
Yep Same here im in CA and ordered overnight and NOTHINGGGGG

jsharper
2009-11-25, 16:46
So has nobody had theirs shipped since Monday? Sounds like they ran out at the TN distribution point and just haven't received any at other distribution points?

Kwincy
2009-11-25, 16:53
So has nobody had theirs shipped since Monday? Sounds like they ran out at the TN distribution point and just haven't received any at other distribution points?

Nope, no updating shipping info, nothing. I'm in Chicago, so I expected to receive mine from the distribution point in TN.

My expected shipping date still says the 8th of December.

olighak
2009-11-25, 17:02
http://hkn.it/good-puppies.jpg

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-25, 17:11
hey let me borrow one of those n900 olighak

charbar
2009-11-25, 17:19
^ ditto! since you have one via amazon on the way, we can help you take those two off your hands ;)

jsharper
2009-11-25, 17:25
has dell been putting any "signature required" or "adult signature required" stipulations on the packages they've sent?

egrims
2009-11-25, 17:41
Hmmm...I just got a Dell Customer Experience survey in my e-mail. They're going to regret sending that to me.

x61
2009-11-25, 17:51
Just picked up mine at the UPS store. In fact, I am using it right now.

x61
2009-11-25, 17:57
This baby is rockig. dont think i will be sleeping 2nite

Bratag
2009-11-25, 18:00
Sigh - priority request placed through Dell in response to my last ticket - still no effing results.

Nokia/Dell I blame them both.

Novurania
2009-11-25, 18:09
It seems the well has run dry.

pagesix1536
2009-11-25, 18:10
Not on mine. I think that is a little sloppy not to do so for a $600 handset.

And these puppies were sold on Ebay so canīt loan īem. Theyīre now heading home to their owners. Theyīve just decreased the cost of my upcoming n900.

Are you freaking kidding me?! You bought two of them, had them successfully shipped, only so you could turn around and sell them on Ebay? So the rest of us that ordered and are actually going to USE the device rather than resell it are STILL waiting? Now I'm really annoyed.

liveslow
2009-11-25, 18:11
Yeah, I have a feeling that we won't see any more being shipped until next week with Thanksgiving approaching.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 18:30
Are you freaking kidding me?! You bought two of them, had them successfully shipped, only so you could turn around and sell them on Ebay? So the rest of us that ordered and are actually going to USE the device rather than resell it are STILL waiting? Now I'm really annoyed.

Yeah That shits me as well. Especially when one was ordered on the goddamn 19th.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 18:31
Mine has not showed up yet. Came home just for this, but typing this on Droid. Looking forward to comparing this to N900. Regardless, I am keeping the N900, since I do not want to eat $400 in Tmo contract outs. Heck, that is just $69 shy of paying for the N900.

Also the real monthly difference is $20 a month for service. That and the contract out together is too much.

Added: Plus $212 for Droid and $105 for three lines activation fees. Yikes!

Bratag
2009-11-25, 18:47
Newegg are now listing the item in stock and a brief chat with them confirms that. However they are not shipping until Monday, supposedly because of some BS that Nokia have got them locked into.

Not sure how much I believe that - but at this stage I don't believe anyone anymore

zartan
2009-11-25, 18:53
what was that order #? I'm gonna call Dell.

hihai411
2009-11-25, 19:18
Its a free world if you paid good money for them I think you should be able to do as you please. Just sucks that dell isnt shipping accordingly. I will probably call again and see if theres any new info.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 19:21
Its a free world if you paid good money for them I think you should be able to do as you please. Just sucks that dell isnt shipping accordingly. I will probably call again and see if theres any new info.

Dont get me wrong I am not angry at him - just MORE angry at Dell. They can manage to ship two out to one user and yet none to people who ordered before the second unit was even ordered

bandora
2009-11-25, 19:23
http://hkn.it/good-puppies.jpg

lol I have the same keyboard and mouse.. I am missing my N900 though.. Michigan is left out.. :( :(

hihai411
2009-11-25, 19:35
whats an easy number to get in contact with a dell rep?

egrims
2009-11-25, 19:37
1-800-456-3355

hihai411
2009-11-25, 19:53
Thanks Egrims- Cs rep told me next batch arriving in Dec 2nd.

egrims
2009-11-25, 19:57
Sure thing.

That would coincide with a lot of current ship to dates of around 12/10 (like mine). Sounds like they got an early batch, rushed it out to some random selection and the rest of us will be in the second batch and will get it by the 2nd week of December.

I'm tempted to call and b***tch to them and see if I can get some free overnight shipping though. Haven't decided if it's worth the effort of calling and listening to that stupid lollipop song again :rolleyes:

hihai411
2009-11-25, 20:01
Yea if you get the chance I would call just to see if we can confirm that there really is a note from nokia for a 2nd of dec dispactch. Such a long wait....

egrims
2009-11-25, 20:05
Yea if you get the chance I would call just to see if we can confirm that there really is a note from nokia for a 2nd of dec dispactch. Such a long wait....

I'll try and call on my way home. Was really banking on early release from work today with T-Day tomorrow but that doesn't seem to be coming :( lame. Before we got bought out it was early release before every long weekend.

hihai411
2009-11-25, 20:07
I'll try and call on my way home. Was really banking on early release from work today with T-Day tomorrow but that doesn't seem to be coming :( lame. Before we got bought out it was early release before every long weekend.

Ya i was really hoping to show this phone off to my family during T day.. I guess that won't be happening.

egrims
2009-11-25, 20:09
Scratch that early release e-mail just came. I'm outta here! I'll update what Dell says when I get a chance to call.

Laughing Man
2009-11-25, 20:17
Ya i was really hoping to show this phone off to my family during T day.. I guess that won't be happening.

Yeah Nokia missed out on a good opportunity to do word of mouth advertising. Instead now they get people complaining.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 20:34
The eagle has landed!

I just put a battery in it and will let it charge a few hours and then put my G1 sim in it.

BTW, the N900 is small compared to my G1 with 2300mah battery- a lot smaller.

snomis79
2009-11-25, 20:41
congrats. On hold with Dell. They told me last Friday that it was shipping, and now the estimated ship. date is dec. 7. Waiting for a manager to get on the line and they'll get an earful about the wrong info I was given last week. I'm on Thanksgiving vacation, nothing better to do.

x61
2009-11-25, 20:44
Have been running mine for the past 3 hrs or so non stop. Everything is going well with me thus far. I must find a way to sleep though cause I am driving 6 hrs 2morrow morng.

A problem I am having is to be able to get the voice command for the gps to work. Let me know if you succeed in getting yours to work.

Bratag
2009-11-25, 20:46
The eagle has landed!

I just put a battery in it and will let it charge a few hours and then put my G1 sim in it.

BTW, the N900 is small compared to my G1 with 2300mah battery- a lot smaller.

Be interested to see if you G1 sim works out the box - I am assuming you have the G1 data plan.

wstech
2009-11-25, 20:55
I ordered mine on the 5th when that code got posted and I just got my ish in the mail today. GYEA!!!!!!

egrims
2009-11-25, 20:55
So I called dell on the way home. Was on hold for probably 10 minutes as well. Somehow got transferred to tech support first. When I got to the order guy he told me that the unit was still in production, blah blah blah. He told me that they haven't received a confirmation yet about the third party manufacturer and when they will receive a shipment. I told him about the ones already received and he sort of brushed it off. He said December 2nd was still a possibility but that it wasn't verified.

He also noted while I was on the phone with him about how many times I've contacted them and said since I've called and nagged them a bunch they have put me on a 'priority list'. Thought that was rather humorous. I'm sure it was just him writing my name on a napkin from his lunch and then throwing it away after the phone call. He said I've been added to the notify lists (pretty sure I was already on them) to receive information when they ship it.

Didn't get too much out of them unfortunately, no free shipping either. I wasn't really in the mood to start yelling, too tired.

Enjoy your phones to those who got it. :)

EDIT: Also when I got home there was a package on my doorstop. I nearly crapped myself until I realized it was something else I ordered. Oh well :rolleyes:

zrx168
2009-11-25, 21:06
Newegg are now listing the item in stock and a brief chat with them confirms that. However they are not shipping until Monday, supposedly because of some BS that Nokia have got them locked into.

Not sure how much I believe that - but at this stage I don't believe anyone anymore

well, i saw that newegg has them instock, after i chat with them i place the order before their 12:00 pst deadline. as of right now the status changed to shipped.

Rushmore
2009-11-25, 21:06
Be interested to see if you G1 sim works out the box - I am assuming you have the G1 data plan.

Yep. All $25 worth- would not be bad if I had 3G- I will attempt to get a cheaper plan now.

Should work. Not having the same trouble as some are with the cover. there is a little indentation where you apply initial pressure to open. The cover then loosens and you swing it open until it come off.

I have tested the heck out of Droid, so it is going back to BB tonight.

pagesix1536
2009-11-25, 21:21
EDIT: Also when I got home there was a package on my doorstop. I nearly crapped myself until I realized it was something else I ordered. Oh well :rolleyes:

LOL! Now that was funny. :D

snomis79
2009-11-25, 21:26
well, i saw that newegg has them instock, after i chat with them i place the order before their 12:00 pst deadline. as of right now the status changed to shipped.

back-order now... I think I would've have jumped on this... I need to stop this F5 madness and get some sleep! and eat turkey! gobble!

lilboymonkey
2009-11-25, 21:48
thats funny... newegg now has it as "Add to Cart" again...

tehsu
2009-11-25, 22:02
dell dropped to 499

jsharper
2009-11-25, 22:02
I ordered mine on the 5th when that code got posted and I just got my ish in the mail today. GYEA!!!!!!

Would you mind please updating the spreadsheet (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgRW1BVo9YXJdHFQOXFPZVN4OVU5V0YzVzg1WEcwc FE&hl=en)?

hihai411
2009-11-25, 22:49
1st batch of phones started to ship out Nov. 22nd but in the Dell systems had the phones arriving Nov 24th. Based on that if the Dec 2nd date holds true, maybe just maybe the 2nd batch orders might ship out this coming Monday.

osomanos
2009-11-26, 06:41
In case you were interested, now Dell has 20% off with Bing cash back. I just placed an order for the N900 and I'm hoping I do get the extra 20% off.
Lets see, $599- 100 instant discount - 100 Bing cash back - 50 nokia rebate + 30 tax = $379!
Could this be possible?

youth
2009-11-26, 07:32
In case you were interested, now Dell has 20% off with Bing cash back. I just placed an order for the N900 and I'm hoping I do get the extra 20% off.
Lets see, $599- 100 instant discount - 100 Bing cash back - 50 nokia rebate + 30 tax = $379!
Could this be possible?

Should be alright as long as Dell can ship the phone before the rebate ends. Tempting to place another order, but don't want to risk having to wait longer by canceling my 11/5 order. According to other msg's here invoice date is the ship date so the rebate should work on these 11/5 orders & with the bing % offered then the phone will come to about $400. Is it worth it to save another $20? Then again some ppl who placed orders beyond 11/5 have also gotten their phone.

hihai411
2009-11-26, 07:33
I have a bing account, how did you get to where it shows the dell bing discount?

osomanos
2009-11-26, 07:35
I have a bing account, how did you get to where it shows the dell bing discount?

Just went to bing.com and searched for DELL. The first link takes you to the Dell web site and you see a message that says you get 20% for that session

john12
2009-11-26, 07:35
I too have a bing account, but i am not able to get Dell Cashback with that..

Strive_Masiwa
2009-11-26, 07:43
I just ordered from Dell via Bing too. I got the Dell order number but nothing from Bing. Am I to expect an email from Bing too confirming the 20% cashback?

hihai411
2009-11-26, 07:47
Oh yea got it.. thanks. I am debating on if i should get another one lol.

mail2vrp
2009-11-26, 08:01
looks like a good deal...
especially since the rebate is not guaranteed with the Nov-5 order.. since you will have both the order date of Nov -5 and ship/invoice date in your invoice..

hopefully the order wud come thru before jan 8.. since the rebate has to be mailed by then.. :D

bing last time took a day to send me the confirmation for cashback on dell.com

hihai411
2009-11-26, 08:06
I was going to get another one and put the 2nd one on ebay but gf didnt approve she said its too risky...lol.

Strive_Masiwa
2009-11-26, 08:09
I navigated to Dell from bing but that was before I had opened the bing account (I know silly me).

Is there a way to have the purchase added to my bing casback account even though I registered for bing AFTER the purchase?

Any number I can call or email?

eleclipper
2009-11-26, 08:20
Just ordered another one 2, should be 450 after taxes w/ bing now i just gotta c who ships first amazon, or my first order with dell, it seems like todays order has a better shot and being shipped first than the first one considering the way things have been going

kev30
2009-11-26, 09:46
wouldnt that $100 instant discount would void the bing cashback? i know bing said that if theres any discount it would void the bing cashback. oh well we'll all find out if we qualify in 60 days.

can the people that received their n900s from dell (ordered on nov 5 or earlier) confirm if the invoice states the day they shipped out or the day they ordered? thanks.

hihai411
2009-11-26, 09:53
wouldnt that $100 instant discount would void the bing cashback? i know bing said that if theres any discount it would void the bing cashback. oh well we'll all find out if we qualify in 60 days.

can the people that received their n900s from dell (ordered on nov 5 or earlier) confirm if the invoice states the day they shipped out or the day they ordered? thanks.

I thought the same thing but bing states in conjunction with a coupon it wouldn't work. The Dell discount is exactly that a discount so my guess is that it would but thats just my guess.

Someone on this thread that recieved their n900 stated the invoice shows the date it was shipped and not the preorder date so we should still qualify for the 50 dollar gift card from nokia.

kev30
2009-11-26, 10:03
I thought the same thing but bing states in conjunction with a coupon it wouldn't work. The Dell discount is exactly that a discount so my guess is that it would but thats just my guess.

Someone on this thread that recieved their n900 stated the invoice shows the date it was shipped and not the preorder date so we should still qualify for the 50 dollar gift card from nokia.

Thanks. Therefore our nov 5 orders may not qualify for the bing cashback since we used that coupon :X

man i just want them (amazon or dell) to ship it out already.

hihai411
2009-11-26, 10:07
our nov 5th order wouldnt qualify also cause you have to purchase the phone through bing during the time that they are offering 20 percent cashback, you can't make a purchase than come back weeks later and apply the bing discount, well thats my understanding of it anyways.

Yes, I want my dam phone now im so sick of waiting.

kev30
2009-11-26, 10:17
our nov 5th order wouldnt qualify also cause you have to purchase the phone through bing during the time that they are offering 20 percent cashback, you can't make a purchase than come back weeks later and apply the bing discount, well thats my understanding of it anyways.

Yes, I want my dam phone now im so sick of waiting.

No, i know we not going to get the 20% cashback. i think bing was 5% at that time. its still better than nothing (assuming we qualify for it). hah

daobaniu
2009-11-26, 10:49
The fine print on the rebate form stated:" For Nokia N97, Nokia N900, Nokia 5800
Navigation Edition, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, or Nokia 5530 XpressMusic
(Games Edition), offer limited to maximum of one (1) Visa prepaid card per
household."

So, each home address can only get 1 rebate. I was planning to order the second one, but kinda held off by this.

mail2vrp
2009-11-26, 20:15

i don't know who said that.. but in all of the dell invoices that i have seen they give both the order date and the invoice/ship date.. so rebate going thru is not 100% guaranteed.. :(

Laughing Man
2009-11-26, 20:26
dell dropped to 499 It shows 599 for me at https://ecomm.dell.com/dellstore/basket.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&oid=394fedae-c131-4415-8985-5c4944ea7630

BadBrain
2009-11-26, 20:42
Dell shows $100 "instant savings" and no matter if I arrive through bing or separately, its shows my cart with $549 and when I go to checkout, it's back to $599. What am I not seeing?

youth
2009-11-26, 21:44
...it's back to $599. What am I not seeing?

Nothing. It seems they removed several instant discounts including for the n900 sometime this morning likely because of this Bing promotion.

bazz
2009-11-27, 00:49
Never mind...

egrims
2009-11-27, 05:13
Pretty sure my order status just changed from 3-5 day shipping to 5-7 day shipping. Strange...anyone else have this? Or was the 'free' shipping always 5-7 day shipping and I'm just seeing things as a result of all the turkey...

fphillips
2009-11-27, 05:25
Yeah mine too. Probably just a factor of increased holiday shipping times.

liveslow
2009-11-27, 05:41
yuup mine did too

bandora
2009-11-27, 05:54
Thanks. Therefore our nov 5 orders may not qualify for the bing cashback since we used that coupon :X

man i just want them (amazon or dell) to ship it out already.

I did both bing cashback and the dell coupon and I got the cashback..

kev30
2009-11-27, 05:56
yea im also seeing the 5-7 day shipping. strange indeed. i thought the standard free shipping was the 3-5 shipping? sigh. dell just keep finding ways to delay it even more

kev30
2009-11-27, 05:59

It should still say pending unless you ordered it over 60 days ago.

So you ordered from dell 60 days ago and bing is showing the cashback being rewarded?

My point was that YMMV on getting the cashback along with the dell coupon.

bandora
2009-11-27, 06:38
It should still say pending unless you ordered it over 60 days ago.

So you ordered from dell 60 days ago and bing is showing the cashback being rewarded?

My point was that YMMV on getting the cashback along with the dell coupon.

Well yeah I have to wait for the cashback to be rewarded but i don't think there will be a problem there.. I sure hope not..

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-27, 08:20
yuup mine did too

Me too... FML :p

youth
2009-11-27, 08:33

The problem is they have 60 days to void that cashback. Coupons are your mileage may vary when it comes to Bing cashback since it's in their terms that coupon usage may void BCB. It'll work with some stores & won't with others & sometimes you don't find out till the end of that 60 days.

hihai411
2009-11-27, 08:33
amazon orders are getting updates with preparing to ship...so is dell going to send out our phones soon or what..im going to call them again tomorrow.