sevdali
2009-11-05, 19:24
The best price so far.

Go to Dell Small Business and apply coupon code "9PD$33PJFL5P21"
the final price will be $441.99.

Great price.

N900FTW
2009-11-05, 19:33
I heard they won't ship it until mid december but still def a good deal.

les_garten
2009-11-05, 19:34
The best price so far.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Wireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3076016

I just called them. They said 20 days lead time, whatever that means.

Also, I think Dell charges TAX, so not that low.

sevdali
2009-11-05, 19:36
I just called them. They said 20 days lead time, whatever that means.

most probably they have already a long pre-ordered list.

bandora
2009-11-05, 19:39
But the damn taxes makes the price go way up!!!!!! :(

It went from 519. to 551!! Not that big of a difference between that and Newegg... :/

imokruok
2009-11-05, 19:46
Keep an eye out for coupons on coupon websites, in Dell flyers, etc. Usually they're product specific, but sometimes there are 10%-15% off emails that are good on pretty much everything. (I think there might have been one like that that was good on the Zune HD.)

Anyhow, 10% off and that would take care of the sales tax for us in California....

bandora
2009-11-05, 19:47
Keep an eye out for coupons on coupon websites, in Dell flyers, etc. Usually they're product specific, but sometimes there are 10%-15% off emails that are good on pretty much everything. (I think there might have been one like that that was good on the Zune HD.)

Anyhow, 10% off and that would take care of the sales tax for us in California....

I tried using coupons.. I used a 20$ off coupon that I found online.. but it will take off the 80$ off and will replace it with the 20$ coupon.. So it will actually become more expensive.. :( (I think it was like $614)

radiowc
2009-11-05, 19:54
Ha! As usual, DELL always trick you with the lower price than others onine store... and when you check out and having all the trouble filling up those online order forms... the price wont cheap any more with all those taxes... lol

That is why i personally don't shop with them :>

geneven
2009-11-05, 20:04
At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.

danramos
2009-11-05, 20:04
Ohho! Considering I have a Dell credit account.. this makes me MUCH more likely to seriously consider an N900 now.

bandora
2009-11-05, 20:06
Ohho! Considering I get a partner program discount AND I have a Dell credit account.. this makes me MUCH more likely to seriously consider an N900 now.

Can you give me a discount too? xD

At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. You can evade them, no doubt, but there's something about complaining about businesses who won't let you commit an illegal act, poor criminals.

You may have heard something about states needing money. It is partly because people who live in the states and take advantage of things the states do, like building roads and schools, aren't very keen on paying for the benefits they get.

Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?

sevdali
2009-11-05, 20:09

If you have dell credit card you can get %3 off.
First you have to slect credit card as the payment method then the site will offer you %3 off if you use your dell preferred accoount. It comes to $500 after this discount.

I ordered one although I did not make my mind for n900 due to
its lack of support for Java.

radiowc
2009-11-05, 20:11
At least think for a moment about criticizing businesses for charging taxes. They don't get that money. You owe those taxes by the laws in your state. ....

Well at least my State dont required tax for online purchased ... sorry to hear. You think the Government don't already tax what you already made! ha!

kpath
2009-11-05, 20:13
This is what the site says you have to do to get the discount

Discount Details Close

Dell Home Customers: Save $80 off this item!

Expires Saturday, November 07, 2009

Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offer may change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges are extra, and vary. Offer maybe combined with select other offers. Valid for new U.S. online purchases through the Dell Home Systems Electronics & Accessories site only. Offer does not apply to and is not available with systems or items purchased through the online systems configurator, refurbished items or spare parts. Purchase limit of 10 same items per order, but any applicable discounts apply to only the first 5 same items per order. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

danramos
2009-11-05, 20:17

Lol man why are you mad? I wasn't complaining.. Just saying that with the tax and all.. The price bumps up to 551 which is like 8 dollars different than Newegg.. Which doesn't give me that WOW factor.. (and I am saying it goes up to 551 because of Michigan taxes).. I don't think that makes a criminal.. does it?

Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.

radiowc
2009-11-05, 20:20
Ironically, as soon as I go to the EPP discount, it says the SAME $80 discount is now an EPP discount. Burned.

Totally Agreed !!! :D

bandora
2009-11-05, 20:21
@danramos.. hehehe.. That sux.. :/

ioioio
2009-11-05, 20:23
5% off at Dell.com via Bing.com Rebate Instrucions

Works only for Dell Home only, I think, however, better deal at dell business(http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=366700&postcount=22) . Might work with Dell business purchase, but doubtful.

1) Go to Bing.com (http://bing.com) (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side (First screenshot below)
5) Enter in your email at the sign up screen (Will display 5% off message, second screenshot below) for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy. (I make no guarantees)

(you have to have cookies turned on, javascript on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase, takes 60 days to redeem your 5% rebate.)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx

bandora
2009-11-05, 20:28
1) Go to Bing.com (http://bing.com) (microsoft search site)
2) Click on Shopping in the left hand side
3) Type "Dell" into the search box and press enter
4) At the search results, click on the "Dell.com official site" on the right hand side
5) Enter in your email for 5% off your purchase at Dell.com
6) Enjoy.

(you have to have cookies turned on, and not go to any other site between clicking on dell link and your purchase)

Here's more info;
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/howtouse.aspx

Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/

x61
2009-11-05, 20:32

Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.

ioioio
2009-11-05, 20:40
Great idea.. I am checking it out right now!

All it does it redirects me to the Dell site.. I don't get a 5% off.. Am I doing something wrong here?

I don't want to place my order then nothing happens.. :/

I updated my original post, please re-read it.

sevdali
2009-11-05, 20:48
Don't buy from Dell Home.

I found a better deal

go to Dell Small Business and buy from them apply "9PD$33PJFL5P21"

it will become $441.99

fphillips
2009-11-05, 20:48
You can get it as cheap as $441 with a coupon that expires Nov 6 if you aren't in a taxable state (Texas is taxable).

http://dealnews.com/Unlocked-Nokia-N900-Cell-Phone-preorders-for-442-free-shipping-/327870.html?redir=1&ref=tw

Sub-total $441.99
Shipping & Handling $7.99
Shipping & Handling Discount -$7.99
Tax* $36.46

Total Price $478.45

It says delivery date of Dec 10.

Frank

Bratag
2009-11-05, 20:50
Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.

x61
2009-11-05, 20:58
Yeah had to go for the deal as I got it 100 bucks cheaper than newegg, but damn the delivery date sucks. Of course I am hoping they are just overestimating like Dell does on most things.

I hope it is the case that they don't want people to be calling them asking "where their N900" is... which is why they setup such a date. In any case, I'm saving about $100 by switching from mobilecityonline. com. My question is are they charging my account for the pre-order or they wait until the device actually arrives at their warehouse..

penguinbait
2009-11-05, 21:00
Look at Uncle Sam talking. Don't blame people of not paying taxes on their online purchases when the retailers don't charge them. There are plenty of states that don't require you to pay tax on your online purchases unless you reside in the state of which the item was purchase. Which is why retailers such as Amazon.com and many others tax buyers in certain states. Dell on the other hand seems to tax you regardless of your location...where does that money go? My state or the sate of Dell.

I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)

Newegg charges the appropriate state and/or local sales tax for any order shipping to California, New Jersey, and Tennessee. Sales tax for cell phone orders shipping to California and Tennessee are calculated before any instant savings are applied.

radiowc
2009-11-05, 21:05

Hahahaha... so true ..wise one :> You have my vote!!! :D

bandora
2009-11-05, 21:06
I don't know where you are but in Michigan, you are required to pay the sales taxes for online purchases when you file your income taxes. I assumes most people don't. Additionally any business with a physical presence in the state in which your residing is required to collect the sales tax for that state. So places like Dell, IBM, HP or any other manufacturer with a physical presence in that state are required to collect those taxes like you were buying it locally in your state. Companies like HP, Dell, IBM have a physical presence in most every state. Then companies like NewEgg are only required to collect sales tax on items sold to people in the states in which they physically reside (California. Tennessee, New Jersey)

Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!! :D :D :D :D

radiowc
2009-11-05, 21:12
Well I am happy now because i did the Dell Business thing.. and I got it for 468 dollars.. WOOT! I sent my order.. And I also went from the bing site. so maybe.. just maybe i get that 5% cash back too!!! :D :D :D :D

Hmm.....:confused:.... the catch might be longer delivery dates from DELL :>

rm42
2009-11-05, 21:28

Maybe. Or maybe Dell will ship sooner. :p

radiowc
2009-11-05, 21:31
Man! this preorder thing and shipping dates really drive us crazy... or at least for me :)

x61
2009-11-05, 21:32
It seems like to coupon code does not work anymore... can someone verify?

radiowc
2009-11-05, 21:34

You need to click the link via that website to bring you to DELL , and it wont work if you goto DELL directly.

ioioio
2009-11-05, 21:34

Works fine for me. Have to go to Dell Business (http://www.dell.com/business) (we're talking about this coupon, 9PD$33PJFL5P21, right? )

x61
2009-11-05, 21:39
Works fine for me. Have to go to Dell Business (http://www.dell.com/business) (we're talking about this coupon, 9PD$33PJFL5P21, right? )

Yeah, gotta go through the link. $100 saving... Does anybody know if your CC will be charged now or till dell has the item at their store...

danramos
2009-11-05, 21:42
Now that we're getting closer to that $400 sweet-spot where I can forgive this unit for having a cellular radio I might never use, it's deeply interesting to me. Nice find, guys. Now, if it were already out I would seriously consider buying it. This is just me, mind you, but until it's out, I can't justify putting myself into more debt on something that isn't out yet.

ZackMorris
2009-11-05, 21:45
Wow incredible price on the N900 for US customers, when using Dell Small Business

NOKIA N900 Unlocked Smartphone (Pre-Order) $442 @ Dell SB
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Wireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A3076016&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1225267-u611095t1644932f0fp0c0s558 has the NOKIA N900 Unlocked Smartphone available for Pre-Order for $520 - 15% Code 9PD$33PJFL5P21 = $442 + Free Shipping + Tax.

Great Price and its saying the expected ShipDate on Dell is 12/10/09

If you haven't got it yet, now is the time!

Edit: Oops this should have been posted in the Buy & Sell section, apologies...

rm42
2009-11-05, 21:47
Now that we're getting closer to that $400 sweet-spot where I can forgive this unit for having a cellular radio I might never use, it's deeply interesting to me. Nice find, guys. Now, if it were already out I would seriously consider buying it. This is just me, mind you, but until it's out, I can't justify putting myself into more debt on something that isn't out yet.

More debt? I'd say! Don't even think about it. It will be cheaper after new years any way. If not, it will be cheaper eventually. :)

Laughing Man
2009-11-05, 21:54
Interesting I could save around $100, but I think I would pay sales tax since there is a Dell business in MD. Also I trust Newegg alot more especially in customer service. So as long as the n900 arrives the 14th I'll pay the extra 100.

eidahl
2009-11-05, 21:55
... Hmmmm.. wonder whether I want to wait so long for a $100+ saving.. . . . (I'm leaning toward NEVAR! WANT NOW.)

rm42
2009-11-05, 22:00
... Hmmmm.. wonder whether I want to wait so long for a $100+ saving.. . . . (I'm leaning toward NEVAR! WANT NOW.)

You guys are sick. :D :D :D

olighak
2009-11-05, 22:08
Wow incredible price on the N900 for US customers, when using Dell Small Business

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Wireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A3076016&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10466193-1225267-u611095t1644932f0fp0c0s558 has the NOKIA N900 Unlocked Smartphone available for Pre-Order for $520 - 15% Code 9PD$33PJFL5P21 = $442 + Free Shipping + Tax.

Amazing. It is ordered.

$476 with tax is still a saving of $84 as compared to Newegg. Great!

romanianusa
2009-11-05, 22:11
What is the tax? For CA? Cuz Amazon is FREE TAX?

rm42
2009-11-05, 22:13

Don't let the IRS hear you. They expect you to pay taxes for those items come income tax time.

x61
2009-11-05, 22:13
I am hanging onto my N95 for few more days and saving One-Hundred Dollars plus anytime. Besides, we are not sure whether the date Dell and others are offering are firm. Prob Dell is just covering their a55 while others simply want to attract customers. Well,. I have switched from mobilecityonline to dell, and saved $100 ( almost a year worth of data plan with T-mobile a 9.99/mon).

youth
2009-11-05, 22:17

Even with tax (up to 10.25% in the US) this will still be much less then the next lowest reputable price of $559. My only concern it that they'll give you trouble for ordering from the small business site as an end user & that they'll ship out later then newegg, amazon, buy.com though dell's confirmation say by or on 12/10.

CaptainGinyu
2009-11-05, 22:20
Just cancelled and went with Dell. Thanks so much! Even with 2 day delivery and damn Chicago taxes, I still saved $75.
If it means anything.. when I preordered, it said Dec 9th. Then my confirmation email said the 7th. I asked customer service, she said the date is a complete guess, she said they've been trying and can't get a word out of Nokia about a hard date. Which makes me think it may be right, even as a guess. If it were next week, would be they be so tight lipped?
Anyway, thought I'd help as best I could, thanks again :)

romanianusa
2009-11-05, 22:20
Yea i wonder if they ship out late or not. I am willing to pay more to get it early.

Rushmore
2009-11-05, 22:23
Thanks!

Cancelled from Newegg and now $469 delivered from Dell! :)

jsuggs
2009-11-05, 22:31
My only concern it that they'll give you trouble for ordering from the small business site...
Good thing I own a small business! Even better, since I do web development, I can write this off as a business expense since it will be one of the platforms I'm going to target.

somedude
2009-11-05, 22:33
9PD$33PJFL5P21
thats the code to use and I got mine from 478. cancelled from Amazon,
but my expected delivery says 12/07/2009, and what I talked with someone in Dell INC he told me within 20 days .
wow in kentuky its so liitle of TAX. Goiod for your rushmore

x61
2009-11-05, 22:37
Dell is stealing business from Neweggs, Amazon, Mobilecityonline and all the other pawns shops... thanks for the DELAY, Nokia.

misticjeff
2009-11-05, 22:50
Canceled my Amazon order... ordered from Dell
$477 for me here in Nevada and used my FedEx Business Shipping account for a little "upgraded" shipping speed. ;)

jiiv
2009-11-05, 22:57
Bah, I was trying to avoid preordering but you just suckered me into it.
Guess it's time for me to start being impatient now.
Thanks for the heads-up; looks like quite a deal.

Ludio
2009-11-05, 23:12
I first canceled my amazon for newegg. Then canceled newegg for Dell mine came to 481.22 New York state tax... Boo! But still cheaper I can wait gadgets are expensive save where you can...

YoDude
2009-11-05, 23:18

You beat me to it. :cool:

I saw this >> http://howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=13190681&postcount=300 from my N810 but by the time I got home to post, I found your thread.

BTW, that coupon apparently expires tomorrow. :eek:

bocaJ
2009-11-05, 23:23
Jumped on the bandwagon and ordered. Estimated ship date: Dec. 7.

BTW, Oregon has no sales tax, so if you have a friend there, maybe it's time for a visit?

Erebo
2009-11-05, 23:29
somebody know if dell ships to mexico?

Rushmore
2009-11-05, 23:31
9PD$33PJFL5P21
thats the code to use and I got mine from 478. cancelled from Amazon,
but my expected delivery says 12/07/2009, and what I talked with someone in Dell INC he told me within 20 days .
wow in kentuky its so liitle of TAX. Goiod for your rushmore

One of the few perks in KY ;)

Dell CS says the date is a guess since the product is not released yet. I do not mind waiting a few days if needed and save $90.

Rushmore
2009-11-05, 23:35
Even with tax (up to 10.25% in the US) this will still be much less then the next lowest reputable price of $559. My only concern it that they'll give you trouble for ordering from the small business site as an end user & that they'll ship out later then newegg, amazon, buy.com though dell's confirmation say by or on 12/10.

You would only get in trouble if you claimed a tax exemption and had no valid business tax ID.

migs
2009-11-05, 23:38
Is Dell offering an extended warrantty for the N900?

bronzetank
2009-11-05, 23:41
Coupon code isn't working for me...it recognizes the 15% off, but says that it requires additional information or does not meet eligibility requirements. Tells me to view details, but the details don't say anything that would make it exempt. Anyone else having this problem?:mad:

Details:

Save an Add. 15% on Select Phones, GPS, Networking, Memory & Flat Panels

Expires Friday, November 06, 2009

One coupon per customer. One time use only. Non-transferable. Limit of 5 promotional items per customer. 15% Stackable on Select Desktop and Laptop Accessories, Phones, GPS, Networking, Memory and the following Dell Flat Panels (E1910H (320-8152), E2010H (320-8245), E2210H (320-8241), E2310H (320-8243), G2410 (320-7956), P2010H (320-8321), P2210H (320-8323), and P2310H (320-8325). Excludes: Wacom, PNY, Tumi, Quadro Cards, Monster Cable, Bose Speakers, & Yahama, Audiovox 7-inch DPF710K Digital Picture Frame (A2918307), Logitech Products, Gaming, VOIP, Video Conferencing and all other products. While Supplies Last!

liveslow
2009-11-05, 23:45
I just switched two orders from Amazon. The difference to Newegg wasn't enough, but this is quite substantial. I almost feel bad for Amazon. Think about how many pre-orders they had at their peak as opposed to how many are going to go through now.

romanianusa
2009-11-05, 23:46
Coupon not working?? I am about to order and then it remove the coupon?

sjgadsby
2009-11-05, 23:47
Threads merged.

MountainX
2009-11-05, 23:48

I can't get it to accept my coupon. I see this info:

Note: Coupon savings are only applied to items you have added to your cart.

Coupons Entered

The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements.

Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

View Details
Remove Coupon

Clicking on View Details gives:

Small Business customers receive FREE 3-5 Day Shipping on Electronics, Software and Accessories orders over $49!

Limited time offer!
Offer excludes Software & Peripherals purchases under $129, and any Dell PowerConnect Switch or Software & Peripheral item selected in the systems offer pages. All 3-5 day shipping is valid in the Continental U.S. only (not available in Alaska). Free shipping is lowest cost (3-5 day) shipping. Offer excludes EMC and SAN storage products; PowerVault storage products; PowerConnect products; PowerEdge 1855, 3250, 4600, 6600, 6650 and 7250 servers; software and peripherals items under $50 and software and peripherals items in the systems offer pages. Free shipping offers may be limited to select items, and you may incur shipping charges if you add add or substitute items to your order. Refer to offer details for details of particular free shipping offers.

No matter what I have tried, the price remains $519, not $442.

somedude
2009-11-05, 23:49
Coupon is expired.....
Phewwww that was quick.
Glad I did not think on it and pre-ordered.

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-05, 23:52
Whew! I got lucky... Let's just hope Dell doesn't cancel our orders as it is what usually happens in these situations...

romanianusa
2009-11-05, 23:52
How can it expired...it says expired Fri

olighak
2009-11-05, 23:54
How can it expired...it says expired Fri

They have probably excluded smartphones, or the N900 or something. My order placed hour and half ago is still in there :) $476

Rushmore
2009-11-05, 23:54
Well, if Dell cancels it, I am just going to wait and see the final product reviews out of spite. Fate I tell ya', fate.

olighak
2009-11-05, 23:55
Whew! I got lucky... Let's just hope Dell doesn't cancel our orders as it is what usually happens in these situations...

yep, lets hope they don´t

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-05, 23:58
They have probably excluded smartphones, or the N900 or something. My order placed hour and half ago is still in there :) $476

Yeah... btw, they do take the money out immediately... Oh well as long as they don't cancel the order!! :cool:

olighak
2009-11-06, 00:01
Yeah... btw, they do take the money out immediately... Oh well as long as they don't cancel the order!! :cool:

Exactly :) Yeah, I just saw my remaining credit limit drop by $480 on the card I used for this.

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 00:10
Ah, a shame. I was going to pre-order the n900 from Dell if the product wasn't released by the 14th (Newegg's estimated release date).

MountainX
2009-11-06, 00:11
Coupon is expired.....
Phewwww that was quick.
Glad I did not think on it and pre-ordered.

It is not expired:

Sort by
Description Sort by
Coupon Code Sort by
Expiration Date
Save an Add. 15% on Select Phones, GPS, Networking, Memory & Flat Panels 9PD$33PJFL5P21 11/6/2009
Only 2 days left

But it is still not working for me...

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-06, 00:15
It is not expired:

But it is still not working for me...

The coupon is not technically expired, but they are apparently no longer offering it for the N900... Under cost I'm sure...

MountainX
2009-11-06, 00:20
I can't get it to accept my coupon. I see this info:

Clicking on View Details gives:

No matter what I have tried, the price remains $519, not $442.

I started over. now the details gives me different info, but still nothing that would exclude the discount:

One coupon per customer. One time use only. Non-transferable. Limit of 5 promotional items per customer. 15% Stackable on Select Desktop and Laptop Accessories, Phones, GPS, Networking, Memory and the following Dell Flat Panels (E1910H (320-8152), E2010H (320-8245), E2210H (320-8241), E2310H (320-8243), G2410 (320-7956), P2010H (320-8321), P2210H (320-8323), and P2310H (320-8325). Excludes: Wacom, PNY, Tumi, Quadro Cards, Monster Cable, Bose Speakers, & Yahama, Audiovox 7-inch DPF710K Digital Picture Frame (A2918307), Logitech Products, Gaming, VOIP, Video Conferencing and all other products. While Supplies Last!

MountainX
2009-11-06, 00:26
I hope the formatting is OK:

06:50:15 PM Customer MountainX
Initial Question/Comment: problem ordering with coupon
07:06:48 PM System System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
07:06:48 PM System System
Connected with SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
07:07:09 PM System System
07:07:10 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Welcome to Dell USA Small Business Sales! My name is Sandy. For me to make sure you are in the right division and to assist you better, I will need
07:07:10 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Your Business Name and Phone Number Please.
07:08:06 PM Customer MountainX
Yxxxxxx, xxx-xxx-xxxx
07:08:15 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Thanks! Just one moment while I pull up your account.
07:09:15 PM System System
07:09:33 PM Customer MountainX
I am purchasing (Pre-Order) N900 Unlocked Smartphone and attempting to use coupon code 9PD$33PJFL5P21. However, it is not applying the discount. FYI, Manufacturer Part# : 002L929 | Dell Part# : A3076016
07:13:11 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
that phone is on backorder for over 4 weeks at this time
07:13:31 PM System System
07:13:55 PM Customer MountainX
yes, I know. It is a pre-order. But my co workers have been ordering it today.
07:15:16 PM System System
07:15:21 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Let me look that up, one moment please.
07:16:02 PM System System
07:16:46 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
07:16:56 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Supplies are gone
07:18:56 PM Customer MountainX
how can supplies be gone on an item that is a pre-order? There are none in stock yet anyway. It has not even been introduced to the market by the manufacturer yet, so there were no "supplies" earlier today when others ordered and there are none now. It is a preorder. Please look into it further. Thanks.
07:19:30 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
its not a pre- order, we had some in stock and now we don't and they are backordered thru Nokia
07:19:43 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Anything else I can help with?
07:20:46 PM Customer MountainX
I'm sorry, if you look at the title of the item in the Dell store, it clearly says, "(Pre-Order) N900 Unlocked Smartphone". Furthermore, I have been following this item closely and I am sure Dell does not have it in stock today. Please investigate this problem further. It must be an error.
07:21:17 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
I will let them know about this, Anything else I can help with?
07:21:41 PM Customer MountainX
Well, I would like to purchase the item with the coupon now. Can you help me do that?
07:23:07 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
I have the same options you do, so if you can't get the coupon to work when you enter it I can not either.
07:23:41 PM Customer MountainX
OK, can you have someone who can help contact me directly? Thank you.
07:24:00 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
If I can't then no one can, we all have the same system,

The session has ended!

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 00:29
Wow backordered for over 4 weeks now. Does that mean that if you were to pre-order it now then you would only get it 4+ weeks after its release date?

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-06, 00:35
I talked to a few people... They called Dell and ordered over the phone. They were able to apply the discount over the phone. The chat will be useless.

GOOD LUCK!! ;)

TheLongshot
2009-11-06, 00:39
I was able to get mine in earlier. I have NOT canceled my Amazon order, just in case something happens here. At the very least, I know I can return the one I ordered from Amazon if it does end up shipping before Dell.

Personally, I think it will go through. I've had wacky deals go through before with Dell (the NEC LT150 projector years ago...)

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 00:45
I talked to a few people... They called Dell and ordered over the phone. They were able to apply the discount over the phone. The chat will be useless.

GOOD LUCK!! ;)

If you call them over the phone about using the small business path then do they ask you what's your small business? o.O

romanianusa
2009-11-06, 00:46
It runs out i supposed...i talk to them and they say they placed certain restriction on that item and that those who ordered before went through.

MountainX
2009-11-06, 01:19
I hope the formatting is OK:
[snip]
While Supplies Last!
07:16:56 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Supplies are gone
07:18:56 PM Customer MountainX
how can supplies be gone on an item that is a pre-order? There are none in stock yet anyway. It has not even been introduced to the market by the manufacturer yet, so there were no "supplies" earlier today when others ordered and there are none now. It is a preorder. Please look into it further. Thanks.
07:19:30 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
its not a pre- order, we had some in stock and now we don't and they are backordered thru Nokia
07:19:43 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
Anything else I can help with?
07:20:46 PM Customer MountainX
I'm sorry, if you look at the title of the item in the Dell store, it clearly says, "(Pre-Order) N900 Unlocked Smartphone". Furthermore, I have been following this item closely and I am sure Dell does not have it in stock today. Please investigate this problem further. It must be an error.
07:21:17 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
I will let them know about this, Anything else I can help with?
07:21:41 PM Customer MountainX
Well, I would like to purchase the item with the coupon now. Can you help me do that?
07:23:07 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
I have the same options you do, so if you can't get the coupon to work when you enter it I can not either.
07:23:41 PM Customer MountainX
OK, can you have someone who can help contact me directly? Thank you.
07:24:00 PM Agent SMB_Sandra_Holcomb
If I can't then no one can, we all have the same system,

The session has ended!

I called. The rep I spoke to confirmed to me that the call center has been flooded with requests for this coupon code. I summarize what he told me to mean that Dell received unexpectedly high demand for this phone with this coupon and decided to stop honoring the coupon. Personally, I think that is unethical.

The rep told me that if he forced my order through, it would likely be canceled. So that implies (to me) that all these Dell orders with this coupon are questionable - they could be canceled.

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 01:26
Ouch, sorry if they do cancel it for everyone. I wonder what the MSRP is. I know for example, it's not that the mark up on the iPhone is obscene but the parts in the n900 probably cost more than the parts for an iPhone. So I have a feeling if Dell does cancel the orders its because either they would get little out of selling it (think about it, they could easily cancel all those orders with coupons and still get tons of people to buy the n900 from them at the $519 price since it is lower than Amazon and Newegg pre-tax).

I wonder what the n900's MSRP is =P

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-06, 01:50
Ouch, sorry if they do cancel it for everyone. I wonder what the MSRP is. I know for example, it's not that the mark up on the iPhone is obscene but the parts in the n900 probably cost more than the parts for an iPhone. So I have a feeling if Dell does cancel the orders its because either they would get little out of selling it (think about it, they could easily cancel all those orders with coupons and still get tons of people to buy the n900 from them at the $519 price since it is lower than Amazon and Newegg pre-tax).

I wonder what the n900's MSRP is =P

I agree... The problem we face is if Newegg is selling it for $559, gross margin cannot be more than 10% ...imho With that in mind, these companies would be buying it wholesale for no less than $500... a $60 loss in Dell's books (plus shipping)... It doesn't look good for us... Here's to hope!! I cancelled my Newegg order, I'd hate to have to "get back in line"... :eek:

Team C
2009-11-06, 02:09
I think from talking to dell you people who already ordered will be fine. The $442 is actually under their wholesale cost and was only for a limited # of phones so that's why when you try the coupon now it wont go thru. Congrats on those that got the deal!

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 02:19
Interesting, so their whole sale cost for the n900 is between 442 and 519. *plays the more you know music*

bkmgtpe3
2009-11-06, 02:22
I think from talking to dell you people who already ordered will be fine. The $442 is actually under their wholesale cost and was only for a limited # of phones so that's why when you try the coupon now it wont go thru. Congrats on those that got the deal!

Sweet!! Thanks!!

bocaJ
2009-11-06, 02:38
Not sure what the situation is here, but two years ago Dell was advertising a 1.5TB external harddrive for $60. I bought three of them. The order was cancelled a few days later due to a "pricing error" - big bummer. On the plus side, I went ahead and complained via an EECB and I got a $50 gift code.

Also, wholesale prices really mean nothing to Dell, as rebates aren't aren't taken out of the COGS. Dell can afford to sell below wholesale and still make a profit. There's some more analysis here: http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/11/a-close-look-at-the-new-antitrust-allegations-against-intel.ars

Rushmore
2009-11-06, 02:40
I think people that ordered and it got through are okay. Had the 'error" continued, they would probably do a blanket cancellation. They have done this before.

Probably the discount was never intended for smartphones. The order spike was a red flag to their online QA team and they put the brakes on it.

somedude
2009-11-06, 04:07
i hope they wont cancel the orders, because I have already cancelled mine from amazon and if they cancel the orders I will be one angry customer to who ever it will be.

wmarone
2009-11-06, 04:11
Seems like punishment sticking with Nokia and my preorder. For what I'd save I could buy a headset and 16GB class 6 SDHC card.

I'd be more impressed if Nokia discounted my order before it shipped. Y'know, as a way of saying "Thanks for not cancelling your preorder."

maven1975
2009-11-06, 05:27
I bought a 20% off coupon on ebay for $5. This saved me $120 instantly off the $599 price. Then I bought a $250 GiftCard on eBay for $170 after instant bing cashback dropping the price another $70!

I got my N900 from Dell for $409 Shipped! With the additional 5% Bing cash back buying from Dell with PayPal of $20.45 Brings my total down to $388.55!

Dude, I got a Dell! LOL

bfritsch
2009-11-06, 06:54
Ordered from Dell Thursday with coupon.
Got email confirmation of the purchase ($472).
Cancelled my Amazon order.

Just checked status with Dell and the order is CANCELLED!!!

When something's too good to be true, it probably isn't...

maven1975
2009-11-06, 07:04
I think its because everyone milked off the same code. Buy a unique coupon code off eBay. Even at worst, its $519 (14% off) now and you can still do the gift card trick to get it for $449.

My order is still in effect.

liveslow
2009-11-06, 07:19
The problem is that someone posted this promo code on slickdeals.net. I can understand wanting to spread the wealth, but c'mon, you ought to know something like this would likely happen when a thousand people start using it.

unkno
2009-11-06, 07:48
I think its because everyone milked off the same code. Buy a unique coupon code off eBay. Even at worst, its $519 (14% off) now and you can still do the gift card trick to get it for $449.

My order is still in effect.

I think most codes are non-stackable with the $80 discount. Also, what is this gift card trick you speak of?

I'm mad at myself for missing out on this deal :mad:

maven1975
2009-11-06, 07:55
Purchase a $250 Dell Gift Card on Ebay for $175. This is $70 free Dell Credit.

Example..

http://cgi.ebay.com/250-DELL-GIFT-CERTIFICATE-CARD-250_W0QQitemZ280419247089QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Gif t_Certificates?hash=item414a4a23f1#ht_604wt_1167

Use bing cashback to get the $15.00 back off the purchase of this $189.00 card. Bringing it down to $175.00

Also, I have another 15% off coupon that works still. They blocked the posted code particularly. Although, the 15% off coupon only saves you an additional $10.85 currently.

If you can find another unused 20% off coupon on eBay, it should work.

And no, the coupons are not stackable.

They cant say no to store credit. WARNING, YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE CARD PER PURCHASE.

If you want to lock in the pricing at $519.00, place your order and when your gift card arrives change your method of payment online.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Dell gives 5% cash back with Bing too! Thats another $22.50 off!

$519 - $70 - 22.50 = $426.50 No Coupons Needed

Everyone, Keep this idea here at maemo.org. This way our community has a chance to buy these cards when posted on eBay.

ceroberts75
2009-11-06, 08:17
i tried dell when they had the e90...that was a delay...then a delay...then a delay again...then i canceled it because everyone else already had it.

then again, with the e71....delay,.....delay.....delay...then i just ordered it directly from nokia...

dell is a waste of time...

also, with the e90, i paid for the extended warranty and they refunded my money for the e90, but they couldnt find the hole they c rap out of before they could refund my warranty.

they never did refund it. i just ate the $50+ on that. :/

this dude doesnt get dells anymore.
doesnt even look.

Supertramp
2009-11-06, 08:49
Too bad it's only in the states so far, could've used my Dell discount here in sweden otherwise >.<

drm
2009-11-06, 09:45
There is something very wrong with capitalism these days.
They call it free market but I can’t really think of a reason why we European have to pay the double of the price of things “made in Europe” than the Americans.
This is valid to anything from electronics, musical instruments and cars, etc.
$442 is 297 € and here we have it for 599€
Wouldn’t be more logic if they would pay more for the transport.
I have friend that goes to the states in December and I’ll ask him to bring me one, but it’s really a shame that I need to make this kind of scheme.

m3kyd
2009-11-06, 11:41
They call it free market but I can’t really think of a reason why we European have to pay the double of the price of things “made in Europe” than the Americans.
I have friend that goes to the states in December and I’ll ask him to bring me one, but it’s really a shame that I need to make this kind of scheme.

Hey, let me comfort you a little bit... Here in Israel there's a 100% sales tax on all the vehicles!! and let's not talk about the cell phones.. a cell phone costs like a honda civic in America..
talk about not fair!

And that's exactly what I'm doin too. My bro lives in NY, and my dad's friend works for the postal office, so I'll have the phone mailed to me over here without getting charged a custom's tax

bluehash
2009-11-06, 13:15
They cant say no to store credit. WARNING, YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE CARD PER PURCHASE.

If you want to lock in the pricing at $519.00, place your order and when your gift card arrives change your method of payment online.
Thanks... but how do you change payment.

Flandry
2009-11-06, 13:54
i tried dell when they had the e90...that was a delay...then a delay...then a delay again...then i canceled it because everyone else already had it.

then again, with the e71....delay,.....delay.....delay...then i just ordered it directly from nokia...

dell is a waste of time...

Been there, done that. To those considering this deal: You will be the last ones to get your N900 with Dell. If that's not a problem, this is a good deal. I bought my Vizio 42" monitor through Dell because it was a great price and local dealers didn't even have the model. I tried to buy a number of graphics cards and other recently-released computer components through Dell in the last few years, and every time there were multiple automated calls to announce delays.

rm42
2009-11-06, 14:27
When I initially ordered my N900 from Amazon I ordered the offered 3 year warranty. This warranty is from a company called Square Trade. I hadn't yet done anything about that warranty, but since I canceled my order with Amazon and went to Dell instead I decided to go in and see how it works.

I tried creating an account through their web page, but I never received an email. So I called them. The guy on the phone was very helpful. He created my account for me with a temporary password. I then explained to him that the warranty was purchased back in October and that I was wondering if the 3 year warranty started counting from the time of purchase or from the time of the product delivery. He said that it starts from the time you purchase the warranty. Oops #1.

I then explained to him that I had canceled my device order through Amazon and that I was purchasing it from Dell instead. I asked him if the warranty would apply to the device purchased from Dell and he said that it would not. He said that they can transfer a warranty from person to person, but not from device to device. Oops #2.

The good thing is that the warranty can be canceled within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. He was helpful enough to cancel it for me. I still think I am going to purchase this warranty for the device, but I am going to wait until it ships. ;)

lemmyslender
2009-11-06, 14:58
Well, after much debate and seeing this thread, I decided to get a N900. I missed out on using the coupon code with it :(

However, my wife get a discount through her work with Dell. She just bought it this morning for me for a total of $453 w/ free shipping and taxes included. Scheduled to ship 12/11 (Hopefully :) )

Just wanted to point out that you may know someone who works for a larger company that may get a decent discount with Dell. Then you just have to talk them into ordering it for you.

rm42
2009-11-06, 15:03
That is a great deal. Congratulations!

jsharper
2009-11-06, 15:47
My Dell SB order ($442 + tax, using the 15% stackable coupon code from yesterday before it was shut off) is still "In Production". I'm hoping they've already cancelled all the orders they were going to cancel...

TheLongshot
2009-11-06, 15:55
When I initially ordered my N900 from Amazon I ordered the offered 3 year warranty. This warranty is from a company called Square Trade. I hadn't yet done anything about that warranty, but since I canceled my order with Amazon and went to Dell instead I decided to go in and see how it works.

I tried creating an account through their web page, but I never received an email. So I called them. The guy on the phone was very helpful. He created my account for me with a temporary password. I then explained to him that the warranty was purchased back in October and that I was wondering if the 3 year warranty started counting from the time of purchase or from the time of the product delivery. He said that it starts from the time you purchase the warranty. Oops #1.

I then explained to him that I had canceled my device order through Amazon and that I was purchasing it from Dell instead. I asked him if the warranty would apply to the device purchased from Dell and he said that it would not. He said that they can transfer a warranty from person to person, but not from device to device. Oops #2.

The good thing is that the warranty can be canceled within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. He was helpful enough to cancel it for me. I still think I am going to purchase this warranty for the device, but I am going to wait until it ships. ;)

The first I knew was likely true. The second he might be mistaken about. Right now, there is no device associated with the warranty in mine. I'm guessing as soon as you assign a receipt to the account that it is associated to that device, but it doesn't look like you NEED to do that, as long as you are able to provide a receipt at the time of the claim.

Anyways, it is probably a good idea to can the warranty, especially since the Dell price is cheaper than the offered warranty on Amazon.

Edit: It looks like I'm wrong. The ad on Amazon says that the item is required to be purchaced from Amazon.

Bratag
2009-11-06, 15:55
My Dell SB order ($442 + tax, using the 15% stackable coupon code from yesterday before it was shut off) is still "In Production". I'm hoping they've already cancelled all the orders they were going to cancel...

Yeah likewise. I am holding out hope that its not going to be canceled. Meanwhile I think I will renew my NewEgg order just to be sure.

christexaport
2009-11-06, 16:13
Yeah, that I'm not the one making all of the money...
Its competitive pricing. How many would they sell at current exchange rates with the competition hovering at $500-700? The US is a big growth market, with large pockets to afford such a device if priced competitively. Since Nokia doesn't get many subsidies from carriers, pricing is major.

The Euro markets aren't growing as fast and are saturated at the moment by comparison. Don't feel bad. I used to make $22.75 per hour working for Dell Corp as a help desk tech in the late 90's. They shipped my job to India and pay my replacement $6 per hour. Why Indian university grads allow such undervaluing of talent is just as big a niggle, but hey. When in Rome...
If they follow your convention, they won't sell many in the US. As they're doing it, they're selling quite a bit. Building a brand by conceding profits is a wise move Nokia is lucky to be in the position to absorb. It costs money to make money. Nokia is rebuilding its brand in America. The moves are working, too.

Tintin
2009-11-06, 16:24

Wow, can you troll any more?

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 16:29

Ugh, so you mean my warranty purchased from Amazon doesn't apply for my n900 ordered from Newegg? That's kinda odd considering you can purchase the warranty seperately by itself on Amazon..

Edit: Yup.. it no longer applies. Guess I'll cancel mine and pray the n900 doesn't break in the first year..

"Your item must have been bought on Amazon. If you bought your item elsewhere, please call us at1.877.Warranty."

fphillips
2009-11-06, 16:31
Did you guys use paypal? I did, and it hasn't posted to the account or been cancelled. I don't know if they are waiting for it to post to cancel it, or if it's just like the coupon said, "while supplies last."

QueenShawtii
2009-11-06, 16:38
The price increased from 519 to 599.. *sad face* I was gonna pull the trigger, too.

ABerri
2009-11-06, 17:50
I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Dell and was told they will not charge my card until the phone enters the shipping process. Today I'm checking my bank online and they charged me the full price for the phone. I know when companies want to normally check the validity of your card they charge $1 just to make sure the card info you provided is accurate but never the full amount. I'm confused now. I'll call them later during my lunch to find out why they did so. I highly doubt it's anywhere near the shipping process lol. Has anyone else who ordered from Dell experienced this?

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 17:53
The price increased from 519 to 599.. *sad face* I was gonna pull the trigger, too.

Probably to make up for the money they lost by not canceling those $442 orders.

jsharper
2009-11-06, 17:59
I pre-ordered mine yesterday from Dell and was told they will not charge my card until the phone enters the shipping process. Today I'm checking my bank online and they charged me the full price for the phone. I know when companies want to normally check the validity of your card they charge $1 just to make sure the card info you provided is accurate but never the full amount. I'm confused now. I'll call them later during my lunch to find out why they did so. I highly doubt it's anywhere near the shipping process lol. Has anyone else who ordered from Dell experienced this?

From what I remember, Dell does indeed do an authorization on your card for the full amount at purchase time, but doesn't settle that charge until they ship. So yeah, you'll probably see a pending charge for the full amount, and your available credit limit will be reduced by that amount, but it shouldn't fully post or clear until they are ready to ship. Normally, cred card companies let auths expire in 3-10 days if the charge isn't settled by then. In that case, they'll just re-charge it from scratch when they ship.

QueenShawtii
2009-11-06, 18:03
Man..that was the freaking deal i was waiting for Hopefully the price will come down a little in December (close to 500) and I'll be able to cash in $200 of credit card rewards toward purchase of n900.

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 18:05
Uhm. If it breaks in the first year you´re covered by Nokia anyway. I guess you mean that you hope it either breaks in the first year or not at all?

Correct, that if it is going to break due to manufacturing problems then I hope it happens in the first year. But anyway I'm covered for a second year anyway thanks to credit card warranty. Most credit cards (not Discover though) will add an additional one year warranty past manufacturer warranty.

lemmyslender
2009-11-06, 18:11
Just checking the Dell website and I no longer see the N900 even listed! Guess that means they sold out? Time to call the wife and have her verify the order.

daperl
2009-11-06, 18:16
Don't let the IRS hear you. They expect you to pay taxes for those items come income tax time.

The dude was wondering about CA, so I think you meant the State of California Franchise Tax Board, not the IRS. The IRS doesn't collect sales tax for such items. As you mentioned, the IRS cares mostly about income. States are generally much more creative.

Ludio
2009-11-06, 18:25
Well I got a call from Dell just now asking for confirmation of my purchase with my card they had my whole history on there screen it freaked me out... I got in on the coupon and she told me I will be getting an email once it processes and shipping... She said soon so I took that as sooner than the date stated online as others have said it's a guess date they may get them sooner than that to ship... Just glad I jumped when I did and not think saved a good lil bit of coin...

zartan
2009-11-06, 18:39
I got mine for $460 after tax using the offer on slick deals. estimate ship date 12/7 :)

x61
2009-11-06, 18:55
The N900 pre-order seems to have been inactivated at Dell now.

Yup, Dell took out the N900. I checked my email but there was not order cancellation notice from Dell. Checked my credit card and saw a charge of $461.78 charge from Dell. Guess the deal went through....

liveslow
2009-11-06, 19:10
Dell had no idea what they were getting themselves into with this phone, lol.

bocaJ
2009-11-06, 19:16
We're all getting a bit off topic, but regarding the Square Trade waranty, you can always go to their website and create your own waranty for the product after you've received it. In fact, if you like extended waranties, you can do that with pretty much all the electronics you purchase and it's a better deal than buying the waranty at the store.

joshua.maverick
2009-11-06, 19:27
Umm n900 isn't on dell anymore, what the duhhhh?

bandora
2009-11-06, 19:35
Yeah, gotta go through the link. $100 saving... Does anybody know if your CC will be charged now or till dell has the item at their store...

I ordered one, and they didn't charge me yet.. so I am guessing that they will charge me when they get the item at their store.. or when they ship it to me.. :D

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 19:36
We're all getting a bit off topic, but regarding the Square Trade waranty, you can always go to their website and create your own waranty for the product after you've received it. In fact, if you like extended waranties, you can do that with pretty much all the electronics you purchase and it's a better deal than buying the waranty at the store.

True but it's around $78 instead of the $50 one on Amazon.

olighak
2009-11-06, 19:38
True but it's around $78 instead of the $50 one on Amazon.

Yes on squaretrade.com it is $78 for 2 years. On amazon.com it is $50 for 3 years.

x61
2009-11-06, 19:39
I ordered one, and they didn't charge me yet.. so I am guessing that they will charge me when they get the item at their store.. or when they ship it to me.. :D

You may want to check your credit card again because mine got charged. Either yours is charged or your order will be canceled. Several people have complaint about their orders being canceled by Dell so you want to make sure they charge you... isn't it ironic to be hoping money gets taken from you account?

joshua.maverick
2009-11-06, 19:39
Can someone post a link, I can't seem to find it on the site anymore :S

bandora
2009-11-06, 19:43
You may want to check your credit card again because mine got charged. Either yours is charged or your order will be canceled. Several people have complaint about their orders being canceled by Dell so you want to make sure they charge you... isn't it ironic to be hoping money gets taken from you account?

Lol.. well I am looking at my bank account right now.. and I didn't get charged yet.. (I used paypal and used the option to take the money straight from my bank account, so it might be different?).. Also, I just checked the order and it looks like it's fine.. *Crossing fingers* that it won't get cancelled..

The order status says: In Production..

In Production: Upon approval of payment for your order, the order will be In Production. Production time includes obtaining the parts, assembly or build time, and shipping preparations/transit to the carrier. Shipping preparations will vary based on type of order and size.

I should be fine right?

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 19:43
I believe they took it down. Probably because they met their pre-order quota or they're trying to figure out how to make money back from the money they lost at the $442 price point people were getting. The n900's MSRP probably falls between $442 and $519.

olighak
2009-11-06, 19:47
I believe they took it down. Probably because they met their pre-order quota or they're trying to figure out how to make money back from the money they lost at the $442 price point people were getting. The n900's MSRP probably falls between $442 and $519.

The MSRP is 640. MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, i.e. what the manufacturer suggests vendors charge end users for their products.

What you´re talking about is called wholesale price.

bandora
2009-11-06, 19:48
LOL! Dell didn't see this coming at all!!! :D:D:D

They were probably like :eek:

radiowc
2009-11-06, 19:57
WHAT get cancel by DELL ...and oh no....now they have to go back to their queue/line again to pre order their phone where they've just cancel it before ordering to from DELL...sad :mad:

Hmm, you might be the 1st on the queue before, and now 1000. :mad:

Laughing Man
2009-11-06, 19:58
The MSRP is 640. MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, i.e. what the manufacturer suggests vendors charge end users for their products.

What you´re talking about is called wholesale price.

Ah yes, that's what I meant. Wholesale price. My apologies.

TheLongshot
2009-11-06, 20:00
Yes on squaretrade.com it is $78 for 2 years. On amazon.com it is $50 for 3 years.

Just as a note, that cell phone coverage actually covers accidental breakage, which the general electronics coverage which Amazon offers does not:

"Cell Phones Break: We cover drops, spills and battery failures. Get cash back if your phone can't be fixed, up to $399. "

Unfortunately, coverage is only up to $399.

bandora
2009-11-06, 20:01
You guys are scaring me here.. You keep on talking about cancellations! :( I am *crossing my fingers* that my order won't be cancelled! :(:(

Lol I am checking my order every 5 minutes now.. to make sure everything is going fine.. heheh

TheLongshot
2009-11-06, 20:02
You guys are scaring me here.. You keep on talking about cancellations! :( I am *crossing my fingers* that my order won't be cancelled! :(:(

I haven't received any notice since they accepted my order, so I'm still good for the time being.

jessi3k3
2009-11-06, 21:09
Well, they removed the N900 from the Dell store. That must mean something right?

The link to the product gives an error and when you try to search for "n900" no results are returned.

danramos
2009-11-06, 21:09
More debt? I'd say! Don't even think about it. It will be cheaper after new years any way. If not, it will be cheaper eventually. :)

Yeah, now that I took the time to cool off from the initial "WHOA!"... it's not really prudent. I'm waiting until either there's a new unit without cell that's cheaper, give this one more time to prove itself and wait for prices to go down, or buy something else. heh We'll see. Either way--not getting into more debt for now, anyway. Thanks. :)

bocaJ
2009-11-06, 22:19
So I thought I'd share here: Dell called my cell phone but I was in a meeting and couldn't pick up. I called back later and asked "so why did you call me?" The guy on the phone didn't really seem to have a clue and said "oh, I guess because this is backordered and won't be available 'till december". I said I know that and it's not a surprise. I pressed him for any other reason but he couldn't find anything on the account.

Crossing my fingers that the phone call was just someone being over zealous about following up on a delayed item, but I am nervous now.

UPDATE: Dell called back again, turns out they were just verifying the order since I had given my business address as the shipping address and not the billing address. I think it's all squared away now.

As an added bonus, I asked the Dell rep "Still planning on shipping on the tenth of December?" and he replied "No sir, it will ship in 3-5 business days."

I said, "but hey, this is a preorder and they said it would ship in Dec.?!?"

"No sir, that is just an estimated date generated by the computer. It will definitely ship before the tenth."

"So it will definitely ship in 3-5 days?"

"Yes sir."

*drink*

somedude
2009-11-07, 03:11
Hope you are right man. I ordered around 2pm CT on the 5th thats yesterday and I have not have to receive any calls. after going through this thread and on the slickdeals I finally thought I would call them and see whats going on. But the dell business was already closed and I tried the automated it said that the order has been received and is being processed.
P.S. I have given a business address for my shipping and I used my personal card for which the billing is different.

Rushmore
2009-11-07, 03:27
Dell has removed the N900 from their web site. Unless they are updating the details on the product page, there are two more sinister scenarios:

1. They are going to cancel all orders (or just "the deal" ones)
2. They are going to let our orders hang until we cancel ourselves

Wait for the orders to naturally purge (item 2) and then repost the N900 when the screw up "goes away" after a few weeks.

Dell does not remove a new product unless they have a reason. I think they may have got hit with at least a 1,000 orders and are losing money. Add the free shipping to it and it is like salt on a fresh wound.

somedude
2009-11-07, 03:49
wouldnot had it been easier and faster to link it to your same post on a different thread then write the whole thing again?

Devaspark
2009-11-07, 04:06
I also got the call and they were confirming my order.

Rather than post so much speculation and fear on the order. I think people just wait it out and see what happens.

Dell has been known to honor deals they they made mistakes on before. They also have cancelled deals <shrug>

In my opinion, if they wanted to cancel the deal, they would just cancel it. It would be a waste of manpower and employee pay to go through the process of calling people up to confirm their orders just to cancel them later.

So whatever happens will happen. No use worrying about it. I think if people haven't gotten canceled yet, you probably won't be. Not even sure if the people say they got canceled is legit since none of the slickdealers have posted they got canceled on. If you did, then you probably got unlucky and ordered when they ran out of stock.

<http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1644932&page=14&highlight=n900> <--slickdeals thread.

And also, Dell has canceled my order before, but it was never after charging my card. So take it what you will.

Cheers.

Rushmore
2009-11-07, 05:20
I also got the call and they were confirming my order.

Rather than post so much speculation and fear on the order. I think people just wait it out and see what happens.

Dell has been known to honor deals they they made mistakes on before. They also have cancelled deals <shrug>

In my opinion, if they wanted to cancel the deal, they would just cancel it. It would be a waste of manpower and employee pay to go through the process of calling people up to confirm their orders just to cancel them later.

So whatever happens will happen. No use worrying about it. I think if people haven't gotten canceled yet, you probably won't be. Not even sure if the people say they got canceled is legit since none of the slickdealers have posted they got canceled on. If you did, then you probably got unlucky and ordered when they ran out of stock.

<http://m.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1644932&page=14&highlight=n900> <--slickdeals thread.

And also, Dell has canceled my order before, but it was never after charging my card. So take it what you will.

Cheers.

Whatever the case, Dell removing the product completely from their web site suggests they have a reason. Not normal for Dell to pull a new product from the web site.

bandora
2009-11-07, 06:10
Lol I got mine for $468.51 shipped to my house.. And I just got an e-mail from Bing that I also saved $22.10 dollars on top of all that.. so basically I got it for $446.41!!!! Still *crossing my fingers* that everything will be ok! I seriously love you all who gave GREAT tips for those super awesome GREAT savings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;););)

Edit: The only thing that I am wondering about is that why didn't they call me? And why didn't they charge my account yet? But I got an e-mail from Bing that I got my cashback (does that mean it's all good?) and the order status is "In Production".. So I don't know.. I hope everything will go just fine.. again *crossing my fingers* on this.. :)

somedude
2009-11-07, 06:29
Lol I got mine for $468.51 shipped to my house.. And I just got an e-mail from Bing that I also saved $22.10 dollars on top of all that.. so basically I got it for $446.41!!!! Still *crossing my fingers* that everything will be ok! I seriously love you all who gave GREAT tips for those super awesome GREAT savings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;););)

Edit: The only thing that I am wondering about is that why didn't they call me? And why didn't they charge my account yet? But I got an e-mail from Bing that I got my cashback (does that mean it's all good?) and the order status is "In Production".. So I don't know.. I hope everything will go just fine.. again *crossing my fingers* on this.. :)

It will take Bing atleast 60 days, and for you to cash that money into your account.

bandora
2009-11-07, 06:53
Yeah I understand that it takes 60 days.. But thanks for telling me though.. :)

mrlanrat
2009-11-07, 07:30
O man, Am I too late?
Iv been waiting for the N900 to fall in the $400 range, but I did not expect it to happen before its release date.

Any news on dell re-posting this product?
(I also get a dell business discount of ~20%, so this would be great!!!!)

EDIT: this link seems to be all thats left on dells site of the N900 http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Wireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=A3076016
EDIT2: Never mind.....

soravhoney
2009-11-07, 15:31
Can Anybody pls tell me if this is not a fake

http://www.muamat.com/classifieds/148/posts/5_Buy_and_Sell/80_Mobile_Phones_Accessories_Parts/2142776_For_Sell_Nokia_n900.html

This way it can be the cheap most source of purchasing Nokia N900, only if it is not a fake.
Pls tell early.

Rushmore
2009-11-07, 15:56
O man, Am I too late?
Iv been waiting for the N900 to fall in the $400 range, but I did not expect it to happen before its release date.

Any news on dell re-posting this product?
(I also get a dell business discount of ~20%, so this would be great!!!!)

EDIT: this link seems to be all thats left on dells site of the N900 http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Wireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=A3076016
EDIT2: Never mind.....

You found a final trace of evidence on their site. I guess they did not do a thorough purge ;)

I respectfully think us "deal" getters' will not be getting our phones very quickly if ever. The again, we can always dream :)

I will accept this as fate and if I get it GREAT, if not, I saved $470 and will use my G1 and see how everyone likes their device.

I will then reorder when Dell screws up again :)

Gosh I hope this post really does turn out to be the joke I was intending. If not, the joke is on me :o

It's fate I tell ya'!

I might call a rep and see if get any scripted answers from them. When certain products pull up on their screen they have warnings or scripts they are supposed to follow. If any Dell reps are on this forum, they know what I am talking about ;)

bandora
2009-11-07, 16:18
Can Anybody pls tell me if this is not a fake

http://www.muamat.com/classifieds/148/posts/5_Buy_and_Sell/80_Mobile_Phones_Accessories_Parts/2142776_For_Sell_Nokia_n900.html

This way it can be the cheap most source of purchasing Nokia N900, only if it is not a fake.
Pls tell early.

Yes, that's definately fake.. I've seen those a lot of times.. everytime a new phone gets announced they start showing up..

bandora
2009-11-07, 16:20
@Rushmore.. Why are you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo negative about this... keep it to yourself man.. I would like to think about it differently! lol..

Rushmore
2009-11-07, 16:25
@Rushmore.. Why are you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo negative about this... keep it to yourself man.. I would like to think about it differently! lol..

I used to work for the company that still makes their printers. I dealt with Dell's marketing, logistics and web channel teams. I was responsible for their planning. Though that was a few years ago, the same team is apparently there.

I have some insight as to their product placement and interaction of products on their customer sales displays.

I am still scarred to this day ;)

Please note that i was intending the post as a joke (hence the note about it).

cddiede
2009-11-09, 16:38
I pre-ordered the N900 from Dell's website late last week with no problems and I still show my order as "In Production" with an Estimated Delivery date of 12/11/2009.

However, I can no longer find the product page for the N900. A cached search of google comes up with it at the following URL:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CA4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Faccessories.us.dell.com%2Fsna%2Fp roducts%2FWireless_Phones_Requiring_Activation%2Fp roductdetail.aspx%3Fc%3Dus%26l%3Den%26s%3Ddhs%26cs %3D19%26sku%3DA3076016&rct=j&q=Dell+N900+pre+order&ei=HUX4SvC4M5n48Qaa36ShAQ&usg=AFQjCNEfTJbsCpgarWzunhSQrMwExhfi4Q

But the page now just has the message:
"The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected."

Am I looking in the wrong place, or has Dell stopped taking pre-orders for the N900?

I'm concerned that the ship date has slipped so many times that Dell may just cancel all "In Production" pre-orders as well as stop taking new pre-orders.

Rushmore
2009-11-09, 20:32
Cdd,

That is what I have been saying too. I have worked with them and know their "passive aggressive" tactics in these situations.

Claim they could not stock them and not lose money. Seems to make sense for a company already hurting.

Still, my order says In Production too. Stay golden.......

rm42
2009-11-09, 20:52
Cdd,

That is what I have been saying too. I have worked with them and know their "passive aggressive" tactics in these situations.

Claim they could not stock them and not lose money. Seems to make sense for a company already hurting.

Still, my order says In Production too. Stay golden.......

Since you have pre-ordered your N900 through Dell you must not be all that confident in your appraisal of their strategy. ;)

somedude
2009-11-10, 00:37
wow what in the world is this date?
http://i38.tinypic.com/6h5lbn.jpg

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-10, 00:41
My Estimate Date says 12-08-09 Why is everyones date later then mines. Is it because i ordered Overnight Delivery?

somedude
2009-11-10, 00:42
on my email it is still 12/7/2009 but look at the date in that screen capture.

hypnotik
2009-11-10, 00:46

cuz nokia's release date is soo far in the future it doesn't compute... aka. the n900 is never coming out in our lifetime. hahahaha

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-10, 00:48
The date on that screen is 12-08-09 on mines

http://i36.tinypic.com/r060x5.jpg

bandora
2009-11-10, 00:54
The date on that screen is 12-08-09 on mines

Mine says 12-10-2009.. On the e-mail and on the page that I get sent to..

Rushmore
2009-11-10, 01:07
Mine has 12/10

mrlanrat
2009-11-10, 02:41
So you guys are actually getting your orders?
Any chance anyone knows if this deal will go back up?

somedude
2009-11-10, 04:20
yes I am going to get mine.
I have little hope this will show up again.

maven1975
2009-11-10, 05:58
Im sure it will go back up when it released. Dell probably has an *** load of pre-orders without a ETA from Nokia. This could be the cause for the pull from the website. I would find this frustrating as a retailer also.

The fact is, this phone will be easily obtained a few weeks after release. There will be plenty of deals on the N900 during the holiday season. Remember, the economy still sucks.

Rushmore
2009-11-10, 14:04
N900's are now shipping, so just a few days to see if we are going to get ours or get duped.

mrlanrat
2009-11-10, 16:14
I just got off the phone with dell.

Their sails rep said they had no stock of N900s and had no idea when they would be getting them in. However when they do they will be priced at $599.99.

My Employee Purchase Program discount is not applicable :(

Toward the end of the call the sails rep tried rather hard to get me to buy a Windows Smart-Phone instead. lol.

mchu6am4
2009-11-10, 16:16
UK pricing sucks at £499!!!

JBax
2009-11-10, 16:29
will dell UK do this?

somedude
2009-11-10, 16:54
Called Dell they told me still 12/10/2009, but they also did say was they will check with the carrier that manufacturer has sent it through and update the website then

twoboxen
2009-11-10, 17:13
My order status still says 10 December, but I got through to a l2 support guy who apparently knew what to look up. They are scheduled to be shipped (to us, not to them from Nokia) on 19 November.

x61
2009-11-10, 17:21
My order status still says 10 December, but I got through to a l2 support guy who apparently knew what to look up. They are scheduled to be shipped (to us, not to them from Nokia) on 19 November.

Are you now saying the order will be coming directly from NOKIA, not D3LL?

Laughing Man
2009-11-10, 17:23
The fact is, this phone will be easily obtained a few weeks after release. There will be plenty of deals on the N900 during the holiday season. Remember, the economy still sucks.

True, but this is a pre-order price thus the regular prices are likely to go back up to whatever MSRP the n900 has (e.g. what Nokia is charging) and the discounts and deals will start from that pricepoint. Not the pre-order price points (basically a way to get people to commit to buying the product early instead of waiting).

twoboxen
2009-11-10, 17:33
Are you now saying the order will be coming directly from NOKIA, not D3LL?

No, sorry... I mean shipped from dell to us--not from Nokia's production to dell.

x61
2009-11-10, 18:46
No, sorry... I mean shipped from dell to us--not from Nokia's production to dell.

But nokia production will have to ship first to D3LL before D3LL can ship to us... How could D3LL ship to us without Nokia first shipping to D3LL?

konttori
2009-11-10, 18:59
Nokia is shipping as you guys hav probably read. So keep those orders puring in!

liveslow
2009-11-10, 21:30
But nokia production will have to ship first to D3LL before D3LL can ship to us... How could D3LL ship to us without Nokia first shipping to D3LL?

I think what he's saying is that it's likely Nokia is shipping the phones to Dell right now or in the next couple days. As soon as Dell get's the phones they will ship them to us, the customers, which the Dell support guy claimed would be Nov 19th.

Rushmore
2009-11-11, 17:29
I wonder when we will see a date update? I am guessing as soon as Dell gets their allocation....

Perhaps we need to list who got their order at $520 and who did at $442 and see who's ships first? This will be interesting to se if they are micro managing the orders in these situations.

x61
2009-11-11, 17:34
Mine was @ 442+6% tax.
BTW, I checked my credit card today and the hold of $468.72 charge from D3LL was released. I checked my email to make sure my order was not canceled but there was nothing like that. Anybody else check his/her credit card lately.... is the charge there?

ABerri
2009-11-11, 17:40
Mine was @ 442+6% tax.
BTW, I checked my credit card today and the hold of $468.72 charge from D3LL was released. I checked my email to make sure my order was not canceled but there was nothing like that. Anybody else check his/her credit card lately.... is the charge there?

It's because by law VISA only allows companies to have a hold on your card for 10 days max. Once it's past 10 days then the hold drops. Instead of Dell putting another hold again, they will just charge you the full amount when the phone ships. So the next time you see it on your credit card...then that means it has shipped. I highly doubt they will place a hold again...it's only done the first time to make sure your card has the room for the amount charged.

somedude
2009-11-11, 19:01
still hold on mine and no update on the dells order tracker page either i got mine for 478 with taxes by the way,

Rushmore
2009-11-11, 19:17
This shipment period will probably drag over two weeks.

1. Shipments are probably in batches, so no way to know if the US shipment yesterday included Dells
2. Some like me got "free" shipping. That adds both a shipment queue delay and several days of delivery time.
3. Thanksgiving in the US tends to compress deliveries and shift non-guaranteed past the holiday, since shippers are more concerned about same, next, two and three day guarantees. "Free" gets pushed out.

Might be a long wait. I do not mind for the difference in price :)

bandora
2009-11-12, 03:30
This shipment period will probably drag over two weeks.

1. Shipments are probably in batches, so no way to know if the US shipment yesterday included Dells
2. Some like me got "free" shipping. That adds both a shipment queue delay and several days of delivery time.
3. Thanksgiving in the US tends to compress deliveries and shift non-guaranteed past the holiday, since shippers are more concerned about same, next, two and three day guarantees. "Free" gets pushed out.

Might be a long wait. I do not mind for the difference in price :)

When you say long.. how long?? Will we get the N900 on December 10th like they say?? Or what?? And I got mine for 446.42 I think..

I don't mind the wait.. I just want to make sure that I'll get it.. :P

And so far it's "In Production".. *Crossing my fingers*...

Rushmore
2009-11-12, 03:40
I think the earlier you ordered, the better chance of getting the N900 in the next two weeks. Dell apparently burned through their allocation and they pulled the N900 from their site. My guess is some will see "back order" and some will be very happy. Even if back ordered, I think we will still get them by the first week of December. Depends on how much clout "official reseller" has. Should be better than not being one.

On the positive, I went from doubting Dell deal's would be honored to expecting deliveries this month- for some at least ;)

bandora
2009-11-12, 05:10
I think the earlier you ordered, the better chance of getting the N900 in the next two weeks. Dell apparently burned through their allocation and they pulled the N900 from their site. My guess is some will see "back order" and some will be very happy. Even if back ordered, I think we will still get them by the first week of December. Depends on how much clout "official reseller" has. Should be better than not being one.

On the positive, I went from doubting Dell deal's would be honored to expecting deliveries this month- for some at least ;)

Hahahaha.. That's very positive of you! I ordered mine on November 5th... I believe around 4 PM to be exact.. :p.. So yeah.. Is that early?? I believe I was one of the first people to get the N900 with this awesome deal.........

somedude
2009-11-12, 07:37
i got mine at 3.30ish from texas may be central time?

x61
2009-11-12, 16:53
What we should all hope for is for D3LL to not cancel on us the last minute...

twoboxen
2009-11-12, 17:03
As we are all "small business" customers ;), Dell would do best to not suddenly cancel a bunch of orders. They may not make a LOT of profit on some of the sales, but they will make some. And money is money... they'll ship them out eventually.

Like others are saying, I'm willing to wait a bit longer to get the deal that I got (~460 after tax). On the positive side, that will give developers extra time to get their apps through the extras process by the time I get it :). Ideally, I'd just really like to see a shipment notification by Thanksgiving.

Keep an eye on your paypal/credit accounts to see when it's actually charged. It won't be long after being charged to be shipped--and they won't charge until they have your device in stock.

Rushmore
2009-11-12, 17:47
Hahahaha.. That's very positive of you! I ordered mine on November 5th... I believe around 4 PM to be exact.. :p.. So yeah.. Is that early?? I believe I was one of the first people to get the N900 with this awesome deal.........

I think the deal only lasted several hours. I ordered mine at 5pm eastern time. The deal was stopped at about 7PM or earlier, based on people posting that they could not get the deal. The product was pulled from the web site the next day.

Not long to see how much "official reseller" matters here. If correct, we should ironically get them before Amazon and Newegg orders, but Newegg is usually very efficient with deilveries- IF they have the product at same time.

misticjeff
2009-11-12, 23:43
My order with Dell was confirmed at 2:48pm PST on 11/5/09... $477US shipped

somedude
2009-11-13, 00:10
My order with Dell was confirmed at 2:48pm PST on 11/5/09... $477US shipped
??????????
maybe not.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-13, 00:24
You'll get it... just dont know when... I think people that ordered from dell will recieve it before newegg preorders and amazon.. :)

bandora
2009-11-14, 06:52
WOW! I just checked on my Dell order and when I click on the order number it takes me to dell.com with a page that says: "Information Temporarily Unavailable".. And when I login and go to my account.. It has "N/A" on the Estimated Delivery Date instead of 12/10/2009... OH BOY! This is scary.. But thank God that it's still says "In Production"..

Hoping for the best!

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-14, 07:03
WOW! I just checked on my Dell order and when I click on the order number it takes me to dell.com with a page that says: "Information Temporarily Unavailable".. And when I login and go to my account.. It has "N/A" on the Estimated Delivery Date instead of 12/10/2009... OH BOY! This is scary.. But thank God that it's still says "In Production"..

Hoping for the best!

Same here it says

Information Temporarily Unavailable

HEHE lets wait to seee........... letss not all get scared haha

somedude
2009-11-14, 07:11
mine is saying the same thing may be they go it in stock and trying to figure whom to ship first so chill guys we will get an email from them by tomorrow saying its on its way.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-14, 07:21
I wish we knew someone that works for dell on this forum ......that would know about it.........................

somedude
2009-11-14, 07:27
i do not think that would be helpful in middle of the night s/he obviously would be home.

edit: website is back on with no changes. bummer.

edit: hold on my discover card is off looks bad to me.

bandora
2009-11-14, 18:14
Yep it's back the same now.. UGH! DELL!!!! Will you stop scaring us and tell us what's gonna happen!?!?!?!?! :p

Still hoping for the best though, I want to say that everything will go ok and we'll get our N900s but I'm not sure.. :/

Rushmore
2009-11-14, 18:23
Says same thing: 12/10. Must have been a maintenance issue before.

The more I think about it, the more surprised I will be that we get these deal priced orders anytime soon. Not long to find out.

bandora
2009-11-14, 18:31
lol Rushmore.. I really do hope that we get our N900s Just so I can tell you I told you so.. But would be really bad if we don't.. cuz ur gonnat ell me I told you so.. hahahahahaha

Rushmore
2009-11-14, 18:34
lol Rushmore.. I really do hope that we get our N900s Just so I can tell you I told you so.. But would be really bad if we don't.. cuz ur gonnat ell me I told you so.. hahahahahaha

No, that would be too low for me to do. Besides, I am messing around with Droid, so I can wait a few weeks until I return it ;)

bandora
2009-11-14, 18:42
hahahah.. lol :p

ceroberts75
2009-11-14, 18:51
i really hope that you get it from dell, ...but when they launched the e90, dell "had" it, but i ended up canceling twice and then purchased it elseewhere because it took dell 4 months in extensions before tehy finally got it, afer everyone else did.

bandora
2009-11-14, 19:02
Yes, but this is different.. how, well the N900 is a very demanded phone... Also, I believe Nokia is a lot better than back-then.. they are acting fast, shipping fast, creating better products.. so it might, just might be shipped a reasonably timed manner..

somedude
2009-11-14, 19:10
i can wait until 12/4/2009 from Dell after that I am going back to amazon. or nokia usa

bandora
2009-11-14, 19:15
i can wait until 12/4/2009 from Dell after that I am going back to amazon. or nokia usa

Mine says 12/10/2009.. So I am waiting until then.. :cool:

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-17, 16:53
Hey guys any word from Dell if they have recieved the n900?

Rushmore
2009-11-17, 17:01
Some have apparently had theirs canceled. Mine still says 12/10

MountainX
2009-11-17, 17:03
* How many people have valid orders that were canceled by Dell for mysterious or invalid reasons?

* How many people attempted to order with the coupon before the coupon expired but were unable to complete their order?

Please, only respond if legitimate. If you "thought about ordering" but did not actually go through the process, do not reply. If you only want to complain, please do not respond. I'm looking for other people like me who can document and prove an order or attempted order that was not honored. (And no, I do not plan any mass-complaint or other similar action. I'm not into bashing Dell or anyone else.)

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-17, 17:11
Mine still says 12/8/09

ABerri
2009-11-17, 17:16
I placed my order on November 5th and was able to get the $441 price using the coupon. My order is finalized and it's been that way ever since. It shows a delivery date of 12/09/2009 which is the standard date on the website.

My order has never been cancelled or played with. It's still there. When I called to have a shipping address change since I will be away on vacation, I asked them when I should expect my order to ship and two different agents gave me the date of November 24th. So with two day shipping that means I should expect it to arrive on Friday the 27th since Thanksgiving Day doesn't count.

I also have a pre-order with Amazon as well. I think I will get Dell's first before Amazon.

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-17, 17:48
I Just Called Dell.

I really got no where but they were sticking to the Estimate Date.

The guy try to say that we dont have enough parts yet for the computer.

I was like its a phone from nokia not a computer then he changed his story and said oh okay hold on.

He checked more into the n900 and he said they have not recieved anything from Nokia yet. And he said to call back in a week to check to see if they have recieved the phone by then.

Novurania
2009-11-17, 22:28
I tried to place the order on the 5th. The coupon didn't work.
Using chat was a waste of time.

I talked to a contact I have in Dell the next day who told be they pulled if off the site due to supply constraints.

From what I understand $519.00 was a below their cost.

piascyk
2009-11-17, 22:54
i ordered on the 5th with the coupon but mine says "iva : $41.90", so the total is $480 instead of $440. what is that? and last i checked it said 12/10/09

x61
2009-11-17, 23:52
I Just Called Dell.

I really got no where but they were sticking to the Estimate Date.

The guy try to say that we dont have enough parts yet for the computer.

I was like its a phone from nokia not a computer then he changed his story and said oh okay hold on.

He checked more into the n900 and he said they have not recieved anything from Nokia yet. And he said to call back in a week to check to see if they have recieved the phone by then.

This sounds like a standard response from Dell customer reps

x61
2009-11-17, 23:59
Anybody here that will be as pissed as me if D3LL cancels on us the last minute?

olighak
2009-11-18, 00:01
My order placed at 17:15 on the 5th is still valid.

Why don´t we go about this in a organized manner and fill in the thing below by selecting Reply and then just removing the quotation marks.

User-------------Ordered at----Delivery Expected------Valid-----Cancelled
olighak----------17:15-----------Dec.10.2009------------X--------- -----------

Rushmore
2009-11-18, 00:03
[QUOTE=olighak;380078]My order placed at 17:15 on the 5th is still valid.

Why don´t we go about this in a organized manner and fill in the thing below by selecting Reply and then just removing the quotation marks.

User-------------Ordered at----Delivery Expected------Valid-----Cancelled
olighak----------17:15-----------Dec.12.2009------------X--------- --------
Rushmore------17:00 Dec 10

olighak
2009-11-18, 00:09
User.................Ordered at......Delivery Expected.......Valid......Cancelled
olighak..............17:15..............Dec.10.... .....................X...........-...........
Rushmore.........17:00..............Dec.10........ .................X............-...........
.........................--:--..............---.---.........................-............-...........
.........................--:--..............---.---.........................-............-...........

The blank lines being off will correct itself when you fill in your dates.

bocaJ
2009-11-18, 00:25
User.................Ordered at......Delivery Expected.......Valid......Cancelled
olighak..............17:15..............Dec.10.... .....................X...........-...........
Rushmore.........17:00..............Dec.10........ .................X............-...........
bocaJ................11:16(HST).....Dec.8 (overnight ship)..X...........-...........

hihai411
2009-11-18, 00:31
bocaJ................11:16(HST).....Dec.8 (overnight ship)..X...........-...........
hihai411.............n/a.....---.---...Dec 9th.....................-...X.......-...........
....Hello to Maemo community by the way my 1st post......................--:--..............---.---.........................-............-...........

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-18, 00:35
livingxl3g3nd .....10/5/09 ?...........Dec 8 (overnight ship .X........-...........

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-18, 00:41
hihai411.............n/a.....---.---...Dec 9th.....................-...X.......-...........
livingxl3g3nd .....10/5/09 ?...........Dec 8 (overnight ship .X........-...........

MountainX
2009-11-18, 00:45
MountainX.........Today............"a month from today".....X...........-...........

bdogg64
2009-11-18, 00:59
MountainX.........Today............"a month from today".....X...........-...........
bodgg64..................11/05/09......Dec 10...................X............-...........

jsharper
2009-11-18, 04:08
livingxl3g3nd ....10/5/09 ?........Dec 8 (overnight ship .X........-...........
MountainX.........Today............."a month from today"....X...........-...........
bodgg64...........11/05/09..........Dec 10.........................X............-...........
jsharper............22:48.UTC.......Dec 10.........................X............-...........

bocaJ
2009-11-18, 04:42
MountainX.........Today............."a month from today"....X...........-...........
bodgg64...........11/05/09..........Dec 10.........................X............-...........
jsharper............22:48.UTC.......Dec 10.........................X............-...........

I added Hihai to the latest list since it looked like he was being left out :O

Also, is everyone who posted on this buying through Dell or is this turning into a general list?

MountainX
2009-11-18, 04:46

I added Hihai to the latest list since it looked like he was being left out :O

Also, is everyone who posted on this buying through Dell or is this turning into a general list?

I'm buying through Dell. The reason my order date is today is because it took that long to resolve my ordering problem from 5-Nov-09. EDIT: BTW, my original (failed) order time was probably 15 minutes prior to 18:48 New York time (which I think is 23:48 GMT).

olighak
2009-11-18, 05:03

The point was to keep this as a list for those who ordered for Dell. See if orders had been cancelled by Dell or whether they were still up.

I was hoping to be able to see whether those that have reported being dropped by Dell had been those that ordered last, or distributed all throughout the day.

The list was made from my time assumptions of EST. So my time is EST. I guess that should have been noted as well, my mistake. :)

livingxl3g3nd
2009-11-18, 05:19
[QUOTE=bocaJ;380268]User.................Ordered at......Delivery Expected.......Valid......Cancelled

keep the list going........

hihai411
2009-11-18, 05:35
I've also read of someone on Amazon USA forum complaining that their Dell order got canceled due to credit card issues. Theres a handful that have the same complaints, I think it has more to do with Dell fulfiling all of their preorders than a cc issue.

I will call Dell tomorrow and bug a cs rep and see when these suckers are shipping. Hope its the 19th!

Dinho
2009-11-18, 05:43
[QUOTE=MountainX;380119]User.................Ordered at......Delivery Expected.......Valid......Cancelled
Dinho.................11/5/09..........Dec. 10.................X....................

cb474
2009-11-18, 05:47

That is either the beginning or the end of time. Which I think accurately sums up what waiting for a device that is repeatedly delayed feels like. Dell has moved beyond sales, into metaphysics.

bandora
2009-11-18, 06:23
Dinho.................11/5/09..........Dec. 10.....................-..X........-............
bandora............... 16:06.GMT-5..Dec.10..................-...X........-...........

kev30
2009-11-18, 07:11
Dinho.................11/5/09..........Dec. 10.....................-..X........-............
bandora............... 16:06.GMT-5..Dec.10..................-...X........-...........
kev30..................11/05/09........Dec.10......................X........... .........

I used paypal for my dell order because I had some left over funds in it. Last week or so I checked paypal and it showed that my left over funds went to the dell order. Then when I checked my paypal account today, it showed that my left over funds was credited back to my account. Meaning paypal didn't use the money i had in the account to pay for the dell purchase. WTF.

somedude
2009-11-18, 07:42
Ordered: 05/11/09 15:30CT
Description: In production.
Card Charged: No (hold off)
Expected: 10/12/09

All the dots and X hurt my eye can we use this format?
This way we do no have to do multiple reply instead we can edit it when we get an update form dell

Pogi
2009-11-18, 11:22
Order Date: 11/5/2009
Order Status: In Production
Estimated Delivery Date: 12/10/2009

There was a hold on my credit card but there isn't one now.

Pogi
2009-11-18, 11:26
Updated

bandora............ 16:06.GMT-5..Dec.10..................-...X........-...........
kev30.................11/05/09........Dec.10.........................X........ ... .........
Pogi...................11/05/09.........Dec. 10........................X...........-.........
somedude.........11/05/09.........Dec. 12........................X...........-.........

rm42
2009-11-18, 14:03
I don't know if this has been reported, but Dell is selling the N900 again!

Starting Price $599.99
Mail in Rebate $50.00
---------------------------------------
Subtotal $549.99

Could this mean that they have it in stock? :)

Still no change on the Estimated Delivery Date: 12/10/2009. But, seeing that they are selling it again is encouraging. I think we are near the end of the tunnel. :D

Novurania
2009-11-18, 14:43
They are back on Dell for $599. With the $50 rebate it comes down to $549 I don't see any coupons that will get it below the Amazon price.

Kwincy
2009-11-18, 14:56
Updated

bandora............ 16:06.GMT-5..Dec.10..................-...X........-...........
kev30.................11/05/09........Dec.10.........................X........ ... .........
Pogi...................11/05/09.........Dec. 10........................X...........-.........
somedude.........11/05/09.........Dec. 12........................X...........-.........

Add me to the list, my info appears below:

Ordered on the 5th at 16:45, delivery date is expected to be on the 8th of december (overnight shipping), and it hasn't been cancelled.

Kwincy