Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Hi:

I took a look at my phone, and I realized it was not connected to the mobile network. I set it to offline mode and back to normal mode, and still, it could not reach the network.

So, I just turned it off, and it never turned on again :-(, it hanged at the five dots animation.

After hours of looking for a solution, I decided to flash it. First, I tried only the fiasco image, and it did not work.

I've just performed a complete reflash and still my phone hangs on the five dots animation.

At this point I can not understand why is that happening as the phone is now back at "factory default".

Any help appreciated.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Try flashing the framebuffer kernel so that you can learn more about the problem.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

When the N900 first came out, software problems caused the kernel to reboot the phone and after 17 reboots the phone would get stuck at the five dots. The fix was to enter R&D mode and then back to normal mode, after that it would reboot OK.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
When the N900 first came out, software problems caused the kernel to reboot the phone and after 17 reboots the phone would get stuck at the five dots. The fix was to enter R&D mode and then back to normal mode, after that it would reboot OK.
I've tried that already, did not work. In fact I tried before flashing, hoping flashing was not necessary :-/

Does it matter what firmware I use?

I tried:

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
Latest Maemo 5 Global release for Nokia N900

and

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
Latest Vanilla version of the eMMC content for Nokia N900

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Try flashing the framebuffer kernel so that you can learn more about the problem.
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...fer1_armel.deb

Not Found.

A bad day no doubt!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
flash your eMMC first without rebooting (-R parameter at the end)your device.....then flash the fiasco image....

Thank you all for your help.

I've just realize that my N900 does not boot up due to something related to the SIM :@

I wiped out my phone unnecessarily. Without the SIM it boots (takes quite long though) so, I maybe I could have rescued my info.

I even went to my phone company to change the old SIM, but it still does not boot if SIM is inserted.

Thanks again. I think my n900 is dying :-(