Notices

Closed Thread
iam can't login
I/Q Error.

Is that possible to make one more option for yappari ? make it work in potriat mode ?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
@DerCommander and @aman18narang, that's definitely you or somebody else with your number is running Whatsapp somewhere else.

The fact that DerCommander doesn't receive messages when he's offline is because he's online somewhere else and those messages were received somewhere else.

The first thing I should try is close Yappari and tell somebody that's with you to send you a message. If that person shows a double checkmark then definitely you're running Whatsapp somewhere else (even if you don't know).

Another thing you should do, type: ps aux | grep Yappari

Yappari should appear just one time, are you running Yappari several times without knowing it?

The log from aman18narang clearly says that his connection was replaced for a new one. Other device definitely did it. There's no other way to get that error.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Besides another bug, sometimes a person says the same thing twice, while I am almost sure it was only send once. I guess that bug is somewhere between WAserver and our client "yappari"
The only way I could think that might happen is when you lose the connection temporary immediately after you received the message, and the acknowledge is in your pending messages (to send). When you reconnect, the Whatsapp servers resend you the message and you acknowledge both of them (send two acks with the same ID).

I could prevent that.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
thanks Scorpius, I shall try what you suggested. Although I haven't had the problem the whole day today, I will wait a while before I rule it out as bug not occuring now.

Also, I have a suggestion. Whenever another person receives the chat and the second tick comes (after the person comes online) his/her chat window pops to the front. It is slightly frustrating when you are doing something else and a window comes from nowhere. Now that we have chat history, is it possible for you to remove this feature?

Thanks
Aman

Yeah I forgot about that. Messages status updates (checkmarks) should never bring windows to the front. If you are sending messages to several people and then you connect to the servers you'll see a dozen of windows popping heeheheheh

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
The only way I could think that might happen is when you lose the connection temporary immediately after you received the message, and the acknowledge is in your pending messages (to send). When you reconnect, the Whatsapp servers resend you the message and you acknowledge both of them (send two acks with the same ID).

I could prevent that.
I guess it's because PSM of the wifi I am always on wifi so I think it's the power savin mode that suspends the connection and is responsible for this bug/reconnects
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

only my conect Erorr..

Last edited by midcex; 2012-06-18 at 04:51.

hey... every one dont forget to donate yappari...

scropius doing hard work for n900 remember even also tagala not doing this kind of work for n900 so i like only yappari may be i will not use wazapp if it will launch .... i want yappari i know that scropius will maike perefect whatsapp clint so i am telling to all n900 users suport to yappari only

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naru For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
@DerCommander and @aman18narang, that's definitely you or somebody else with your number is running Whatsapp somewhere else.

The fact that DerCommander doesn't receive messages when he's offline is because he's online somewhere else and those messages were received somewhere else.

The first thing I should try is close Yappari and tell somebody that's with you to send you a message. If that person shows a double checkmark then definitely you're running Whatsapp somewhere else (even if you don't know).

Another thing you should do, type: ps aux | grep Yappari

Yappari should appear just one time, are you running Yappari several times without knowing it?

The log from aman18narang clearly says that his connection was replaced for a new one. Other device definitely did it. There's no other way to get that error.
I don't know if it's possible that someone uses my number for whatsapp. How could he/she verify without sms or voice method?

From time to time it happens that yappari crashes, or at least that the status icon disappears, and then i restart yappari. Probably the older instance was still running. I'll try to keep an eye on this the next time.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp