Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I think we all saw this coming.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Not sure about the U.S, but Nokia are really trying to promote windows phones over here, I recently watched a soap aimed at students and every other scene had some sort of product placement advertising, its quite sad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Yeah, there was a key scene in Touch where Kiefer Sutherland's sole purpose was to demonstrate the usefulness(?) of an augmented reality application on a cyan Lumia. It broke the flow of the story.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Not sure about the U.S, but Nokia are really trying to promote windows phones over here, I recently watched a soap aimed at students and every other scene had some sort of product placement advertising, its quite sad.
Well it's no wonder they aren't selling in any great numbers if they are advertising in the middle of hollyoaks.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Woohooo for micronokia the sail for fail continues. Will the next Lumia beat the Kin in biggest failure ever??? stay tuned

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Seems like they tied a weight to their legs before jumping off that burning platform...

Oh, and it wasn't really burning, I had just turned the heater on.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
buying space for advertising in tv shows and movies works well if you have something new/innovative (think of the communicator in James Bond) to push, but the problem with WP is it doesn't offer anything new.
the one thing it does offer is consistency.
MS have consistently offered mobile platforms that don't support older hardware, provide nothing new (in fact, often less features than the competition) and fail to provide an upgrade path on existing hardware.
Akin to the XP to Vista Fiasco, untold large organisations have chosen to stick with older versions of winmo simply because the new versions are a downgrade in terms of application compatibility and featureset.
MS have also consistently told users that the current issues "will be fixed in the next release/version".
Australia has seen a massive push in advertising for the Lumia line, and yet speaking with sales people (both operators and even stand alone retailers) in the industry, they call it "boring" and lacking in features.
Now why would you try to sell to a customer base that competition demands you need to retain, a product that risks alienating them?
And Nokia jumped into bed with this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Seriously even if I personally want Nokia to fail because theyr stupid decisions but I really hope this is FUD!

Because this cant be true :O :O
Why not? Before Nokia entered the scene WP7 in U.S. had market share in the low single digit and declining every quarter. As for Nokia it's brand name in U.S. is associated with cheap flip phones that grandmas use. So inferior OS marries cheap branding and what do you expect? A success?