Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by r0x View Post
ok look when i used the version 6 he said connecting ... connected then the register dialog showup if i put the cc and phone number he will try to registering .. and then "the verficiation sms was never received, please try later :S" but if i clicked back before i put the number \ cc i can see my contacts but i can't receive msgs from them and they can't receive my msgs as well ! even if they're online i can show them in the yappari offline.

so in v7 and v8 when i clicked back trying to bypass the registration and clicked "Create Chat" he said "Contacts haven't been synchronized ye"

by the way i'm sure my number is already registred i used another phone and bluestaks to register

need help :/, and thanks

sorry for bad english :$
Please post your log here, Scorpius won't be able to help you without it.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Got update message from WA server again, I guess this enough info. I can provide log if needed
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by r0x View Post
ok look when i used the version 6 he said connecting ... connected then the register dialog showup if i put the cc and phone number he will try to registering .. and then "the verficiation sms was never received, please try later :S" but if i clicked back before i put the number \ cc i can see my contacts but i can't receive msgs from them and they can't receive my msgs as well ! even if they're online i can show them in the yappari offline.

so in v7 and v8 when i clicked back trying to bypass the registration and clicked "Create Chat" he said "Contacts haven't been synchronized ye"

by the way i'm sure my number is already registred i used another phone and bluestaks to register

need help :/, and thanks

sorry for bad english :$
You can't use Yappari if you register your phone number using another device different than the N900, including another phone or BlueStacks.

You have to install NITDroid and register the phone number USING your N900 or do the "BlueStacks + Java Port" trick described by some member of the community a few pages ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
That has never happened to me, maybe you ran Yappari manually as root?

Delete all the files under /home/user/.yappari/logs/ and try again.
ok, deleting the logs worked... i thoght at the time anyway.
now i have the old bug - no chat history what so ever. everytime i close the chat, everything has deletes itself the next time i open?

is it a ghost?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
For those who don't know how WhatsApp registration is doing, let's think this way:
- User account registration = the phone number + IMEI of your phone
- Afterward, login depends on IMEI only ( think of it is your password )
So after registration using your SIM card on N900, the card can be used in other phone as long as you don't register WhatsApp again on that other phone.

Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
ok, deleting the logs worked... i thoght at the time anyway.
now i have the old bug - no chat history what so ever. everytime i close the chat, everything has deletes itself the next time i open?

is it a ghost?
tingu I think you are the one who got us confused. Chat persistence is not implemented in Yappari, if you quit the application, you lose your open chats.

Originally Posted by lazyfai View Post
For those who don't know how WhatsApp registration is doing, let's think this way:
- User account registration = the phone number + IMEI of your phone
- Afterward, login depends on IMEI only ( think of it is your password )
So after registration using your SIM card on N900, the card can be used in other phone as long as you don't register WhatsApp again on that other phone.
what if i flash it and start over. my brother just needs to use his whatsapp. i bought HTC one x and i am using whatsapp in that phone with the number that i registered with yappari.

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
what if i flash it and start over. my brother just needs to use his whatsapp. i bought HTC one x and i am using whatsapp in that phone with the number that i registered with yappari.
The only solution for you is installing NITDroid in the N900, register Whatsapp up to the end using that, and then go back to Maemo and create a new config file with just the line "android=true" in it.

You can't register anymore using Yappari, Whatsapp blocked registrations from non official clients a few days ago.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Caracas, Venezuela
hi scorpius, the client is constantly saying that ther server have disconnected me, i have gotten the problem since yesterday morning

Originally Posted by renegade666 View Post
hi scorpius, the client is constantly saying that ther server have disconnected me, i have gotten the problem since yesterday morning
And where's your log?

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp