Notices

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Cool, TGalal is doing registrations and some other stuff to keep us in the game. I'll email you details. But don't think he is not doing anything.

Can you push your changes to Github so I can merge them with my pull-request to master branch, please?
You don't need to tell me what tarek is doing. I know he's working, just don't know in what

Github updated

Trying to fix location now...
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by sb0373 View Post
Hi enjoy,

thanks for replying. Overall, I cannot create my account on the N9.

SMS Button reply: fail-too-many::
Code through voice reply: fail-too-many::
Everything failing? Try me reply: Unknown Reason

I have tried:
BlueStack: it does not send an SMS but registers the account on the VM straight away (at least I have Whatsapp there now )

enjoy solution (delete .accounts): makes no difference

needless to say that I have tried 500 re-installs (exaggurated).

One thing I noticed: On installing, the wazapp account creation icon was a red box (for a long while). On my last re-install (after the .account removal), the icon now is the proper wazapp icon

I am grateful for additional ideas.
Ok on bluestacks you entered in the code 1 time so it is remembers that account as the last use so the next time you register it, it won't need to use the code.

what to do? delete the account and try to register a different account so it forgets your account. might need someone else's number for that. that might work.

Edit: BTW it is really annoying on all these posts about simple problems that have already been mentioned in previous posts. everyday the post count for this thread goes up by a few hundred and we have to read through all the pointless posts just to get to the main posts. Please people do NOT post things that have already been mentioned. If you get a problem in wazzap, Use the search button on this thread and search for the problem most likely it will be mentioned already and there will already be responses to those problems.

Last edited by nonikhanna; 2012-08-30 at 15:52.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Germany
For those of you who "cannot send pictures that where not taken by the phone" back there on page 260 of this thread:

Try renaming them from .JPG to .jpg (e.g. using FileBox)! Wazapp currently only lists files ending with .jpg .jpeg or .png

(Or look into /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/UI/Conversations/SendPicture.qml at line 55f and copy/edit the filters to allow upper case file endings, too.)

@knobtviker, @CepiPerez:
I created an issue at GitHub.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fpe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@CepiPerez

tried your latest build in github. The conversation box will crash after sent a message, the phone give a vibration but the UI of conversation crashed

Last edited by TMavica; 2012-08-30 at 16:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by sb0373 View Post
Hi enjoy,

interesting approach

But the account itself is still working on the BlueStack instance so it is not locked itself. Do you know the background on why this behavioiur is showing?

Best wishes,

sb0373
I not sure
some old data from old wazzapp version still on your nokia n9 .

so make sure you delete everything from old version then reboot .

then install new version i'm using the 0.2.6.50 build 29082012-1330

what I m suggest is that :

1 - on bluestack delete your account whatsapp ,
2 - install again , but it must ask you the new registration (if not unistall blustack with all info and re-install it ), when it give you the new 3 digit code (from txt or call)
3 - don't put it on bluestack machine but just only on your n9 .

Last edited by enjoy; 2012-08-30 at 15:52.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Bavaria
i intalled the 0.2.6.5 dev version after i uninstalled the old one. now i have 2 wazapp icons on my N9. after new registration the "connection..." issue gone but still cant send any messages or receive...everytime the red dot apears, never changes to orange or green.

btw: before i installed the new version, i deleted .accounts and .wazapp folders

any clue about the problem with the 2 icons or why i cant send/receive messages altough "connecting..." is gone

thx

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Hahaha, somebody please help this guys, he's just Classic!
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Let me help you bro, it seems that you're new, first go to Store and download "Filebox" then connect your N9 to your PC and copy the file (wazapp.deb) to the file called "Internal Storage" in "Nokia N9" in "My Computer" in your PC, then disconnect your N9 and open Filebox then scroll down until you see the file and click on it and proceed with the installation..
sorry but I mistranslated, I wanted to insert the translation into Italian for Wazapp, I've downloaded the file but do not know where to be inserted

This particular message window crash bug was connected to sending locations when i tested it. Ive found another problem; sometimes the chats view is messed up, so clicking on one chat and writing actually sends the messages to some other chat...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
i intalled the 0.2.6.5 dev version after i uninstalled the old one. now i have 2 wazapp icons on my N9. after new registration the "connection..." issue gone but still cant send any messages or receive...everytime the red dot apears, never changes to orange or green.

btw: before i installed the new version, i deleted .accounts and .wazapp folders

any clue about the problem with the 2 icons or why i cant send/receive messages altough "connecting..." is gone

thx
if you got " 2 wazapp icons on your N9 " it s mean some old version is still there .

Originally Posted by v0id View Post

thx
Did you have it in your quick launch bar before removing? If so see this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=16

The Following User Says Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp