Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Thx jollahq for those upper words... We can handle this

Do you know about way to connect forums through common api ?
Or some decentralized social networks protocol that can replace webforums?
Im investigating ...
it's not about «if there is way», it about «they don't want*it»

So it wouldn't matter

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Do you know about way to connect forums through common api ?
Tapatalk. The "core" API is
- documented (by Tapatalk themselves)
- distributed (ie devices talk directly to the webforums' servers, there's no single centralized server)
- and opensource. servers: search for "Tapatalk" in github; clients: at least two available for Harmattan.

Additionally, it is already enabled in TMO: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90874 . I elaborate a bit on that thread. The propietary part of the Tapatalk API enables a few extra features (webforum directory, push notifications) but is closed and centralized, so it's not worth it.

..... but what would this be used for?

Last edited by javispedro; 2013-11-30 at 01:01.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
..... but what would this be used for?
I imagine rzr what thinking of sharing the sailfish-related forums between TMO and the future Jolla own solution, at least that was my first idea when I read Stefano's post.

With this, Jolla's happy as they can have their own site with only Jolla/Sailfish forums, and TMO would be happy too as they would have access to the same forum, but also the other ones of TMO.
No a real split in community, only 2 front-end : newcomers to Jolla, and TMO people still here.

Don't know if it is easy to setup, and if it would be a good idea...

Both Stefano and ZogG post make sense. We'll see what happens.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
I appreciate stezz reaching out here, but imo there's been a misconception about what people here expected or would like from Jolla. It's not that everyone expects the same work output from Jolla as from Nokia or that all the infrastructure is up and running immediately; I think it's more a case of feeling left out and a bit ignored when you're the biggest and most hardcore (potential) customer you could find.

There also seems to have developed a miscommunication that you would invest heavily in community interaction and open source development while the reality has been buzz words and twitter as the favorite means of "interacting".

Don't get me wrong, I'd be the last to demand anything. I'm just a bit confused. You have this great potential source of free labor in terms of bug hunting, patches, wiki/documentation help and introducing new users and not much is done to harness that. You probably have an internal bug tracker so why not just open it to the public and get some people from the forums to help moderate the noise. It seems to me a lot of potential is wasted in an effort not to "mingle" with anything that had its beginnings affected by old Nokia (maemo.org).

And finally I think a separate Jolla forum isn't going to create the same "hardcore" community as exists here. It would be better to point people to this place and cooperate in moderating in the relevant sub forums.

But thanks again for posting your thoughts and best of luck onwards, it must be quite a hectic phase for you all

Last edited by Fawz; 2013-11-30 at 15:27.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fawz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Fawz View Post
I appreciate stezz reaching out here, but imo there's been a misconception about what people here expected or would like from Jolla.
Hi Fawz, I'd be happy to hear what are the 3 top most things you _expect(ed)_ .

No we can't open internal bugzilla, there are customer/supplier/partners confidential data that we can't (risk to) share.

I see misconceptions as well here. The number one reason why we have not done a lot of things is not fear is simply lack of time/resources. (Yes you _need_ time and resources to do anything and we have just recently passed the 90 mark). Our first and only priority was building a phone that could kickstart a movement [1]

I love the hardcore community that is here and I was part of that old Nokia. There is no shame in that.

We are a different company built in a different time under different circumstances. It's not about "mingling" with something. It's just a new book in the same series of novels.

I believe the potential is not in the place but is in the persons that inhabit in the place.

--
Stezz
CTO and co-founder @ Jolla

[1] There is no OS without a device and the device is just the first milestone in this journey and you can count that as long as we will have money to support device and OS will live a happy life.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to stezz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stezz View Post
Our first and only priority was building a phone that could kickstart a movement
Ps. And we did that.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stezz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I imagine rzr what thinking of sharing the sailfish-related forums between TMO and the future Jolla own solution, at least that was my first idea when I read Stefano's post.
If someone can tell us if that is possible at least we can consider the proposal

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to stezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Originally Posted by stezz View Post
If someone can tell us if that is possible at least we can consider the proposal
well I dont know yet.what I had in mind but i am thinking about connecting existing communities ... At least we should try to avoid to make the mistakes from the past ( forum.meego.con )...

do you know an alternative to ex google wave ? This may also worth a try too

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
I personally prefer a dedicated forum for Mer / Nemo / Sailfish / PlasmaActive and Co. While TMO is great, it has a lot of other stuff (Harmattan and etc.) which isn't really relevant to the above. Just my 2 cents. Meego.com was good, but naturally it dried up together with official Meego.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-12-01 at 00:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
May I suggest then that the new forum is just a shell with jolla logos etc, that uses tapatalk to fetch content (and allow posting) from the jolla subforums in tmo?

Just a thought.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: