Active Topics

Notices

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
I did (with new number haha). Registration went ok, and chatting fine so far. 2.0.18 should fix group issues. But I haven't tested. As said before, I don't even use groups so much. I just did it this morning for the first time, to my dismay, haha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
hi ceene, in your opinion is safe to download 2.0.18 to try the "S40" platform? (excluding group creation, obviously)
Yes, I don't think you are in risk unless you try to create a new group.

If there's someone who wants to try I'll be grateful. I believe bans shouldn't happen anymore for this reason but I wouldn't swear on it.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
ceene: are you using Qt Widgets?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Prague
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Yes, I don't think you are in risk unless you try to create a new group.

If there's someone who wants to try I'll be grateful. I believe bans shouldn't happen anymore for this reason but I wouldn't swear on it.
I upgraded to Yappari version 2.0.17, went through a new registration process. Yappari report itself as S40 version but incomming messages remain encrypted.
Code:
OUTGOING:
<iq>
   id=config_1
   to=s.whatsapp.net
   type=set
<config>
   lc=CZ
   lg=cs
   platform=S40
   xmlns=urn:xmpp:whatsapp:push

INCOMING:
<message>
   from=420XXXXXXXXX@s.whatsapp.net
   id=1441958819-113
   notify=Vladimir
   offline=2
   t=1441965711
   type=text
<enc>
   type=msg
   v=1
!•J…ž7ĂƒÂ˝.nĂƒÂ®GĂ‚Âś. Ă‚Â˛ĂƒÂ©yMj¶¤”Ă‚ÂĽĂ‚ÂŞĂƒÂś(g"Ă‚ÂŚĂƒÂ—ĂƒÂ„5B=ĂƒÂ›ĂƒÂ‚ĂƒÂŹ/bµe8ĂƒÂťĂƒÂŻiĂ‚Â“ĂƒÂ‚Ă‚Â‰ĂƒÂ—6jG
It didn't help. I'm sorry for misleading suggestion. Thank you for all your effort and help.

Good luck to anyone who decide to implement TextSecure.

Last edited by apeman; 2015-09-12 at 08:42.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to apeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Nothing to be sorry about. I would think that if encryption is available for all official platforms, then official clients either enforce an upgrade to latest version OR transmit vversion info to decide yay or nay about encrypting the present message.

"Sent from Ubuntu Touch MX using the Forum Browser app"

All right, some good news.

I've been able to portback coderus' libaxolotl from QT5 to maemo's QT4.

Now we need to use this library on Yappari to decode (and encode) conversations... I don't know when (and if) this will happen, but we've got where to start now.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Germany
Hi,

I'm using Yappari 2.0.18 on a N900. After setting up a new group and posting a message to it, I always get the system message "Connection closed by server" and then Yappari exits immediately.

It is also strange that the created group appears twice in the listing. I already noticed before, that it's not possible to leave any groups.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,
ab_connor

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ab_connor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ab_connor View Post
Hi,

I'm using Yappari 2.0.18 on a N900. After setting up a new group and posting a message to it, I always get the system message "Connection closed by server" and then Yappari exits immediately.

It is also strange that the created group appears twice in the listing. I already noticed before, that it's not possible to leave any groups.

Any suggestions?

Greetings,
ab_connor
Hi,

I think you may have been banned. Can you please send me your logfile so I can see the group creation message and its response?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
ceene: looking at github, I think participants in group creation should be outside 'create' child, maybe that causes group problems
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Hi,

I think you may have been banned. Can you please send me your logfile so I can see the group creation message and its response?
Hello ceene,

thanks for your fast response. I didn't find the log of the group creation. But I found the log of the last message, I send to the group, after the crash began. See the attached file. I hope this can help.

Greetings,
ab_connor
Attached Files
File Type: gz 4917693147097-1441699199.dblog.tar.gz (1.0 KB, 54 views)

Tags
whatsapp, yappari