Notices

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Can anyone explain the idea, why there is a need for another proprietary instant messaging platform, when there is open XMPP out there?

XMPP is made for interoperability. Proprieatry IMs are walled gardens, which is the dark age of computing. The same story was with e-mail in time of Compuserve and early AOL, when users simply couldn't even exchange e-mail messages between different providers. Luckily e-mail managed to break those walls and now no one even dreams that you can't send a message to user from a different e-mail provider.

XMPP (former Jabber) was intended to solve this issue for instant messaging. So it's really surprising that proprietary and non interoperable IM networks pop out here and there in this day and age.
Agree with you but Whatsapp has achieved such a hold on the smartphone world that some users won't buy a smartphone which cannot run Whatsapp. The main reason for wanting Whatsapp is that most of their buddies are already on Whatsapp. To me, an IM platform where you are forced to make public your mobile no. and upload your contacts' mobile nos. is an invasion of privacy but such is the mass hysteria over Whatsapp that this is ignored. Whatsapp prospered not because it is good but because it happened to be in the right place at the right time in the early days of smartphones when users were groping for an inter-platform IM app and Apple stupidly refused to unwall iMessage. Once it achieved dominance it practically shuts out other IM apps because "all my buddies are on Whatsapp".

There are other platforms crying for Whatsapp but this company has refused to port to smaller platforms like Bada, MeeGo and WebOS. Only MeeGo has succeeded in creating an unofficial client. To MeeGo users tgalal is like Prometheus stealing fire from the gods at Whatsapp Inc to give to them.

Originally Posted by Michaelyu View Post
No one can tell me wazapp N900 Are there any production, I would like to know that work there, I've been waiting a long time, I would rarely use statistics to wait until when.
Well keep waiting, honestly, you need to search before posting, its been posted countless times, and people are getting a little fed up of the same questions being asked.

ATM it isn't known whether it is being worked on or not, its not a priority, the Dev wants the N9 to be bug free before he starts porting it to another platform..

Stop asking, and just sit patiently, otherwise PM TGalal instead of spamming this thread

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
What is confusing?

There is only ONE Wazapp, not multiple, just the one from TGalal that available in the link on the very first post.

Any screenshots you see are simply UI modifications done by other members by altering the styling files within the application directory.
oh thanx man... Its just i don't open this thread in 2days and it jumped from 70 - 100pages hehe... Then all these extra links showed up...

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Change status done playing with source

CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Errrr. Quit wazapp?

You aren't going to be using your phone while your sleeping, so just Quit wazapp

The reason behind is so that if you want to have Wazapp open, it will stay open without interference from power saving mode. If you want all your data turned off for PSM then quit the program.
I want that interference. I don't want to quit Wazapp. I want PSM to do what Nokia designed initially for it: to switch off all connections, among other things. I don't want to go behind all apps and check if this of that thing are consuming my data plan / battery. I already create a set of rules thanks to Proximus app in order to get my connections and my battery use perfectly controlled. This is what i want and this is how i want my phone to work like.

I trust in my phone to switch to PSM when my battery percentage goes under 10%. In order to what? Yes, in order to save battery. And if my phone stays connected to 3G even in PSM, it will die in no time, PSM have no use then. I'm not looking to my phone 24/7. Not waiting to switch off Wazapp according to this or that thing.
And please, if you're going to modify the main functionalities of the operating system, please include that things as an option, not by default, no need to be a must, a imposition. Thanks.

Last edited by Hariainm; 2012-05-26 at 01:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
What is confusing?

There is only ONE Wazapp, not multiple, just the one from TGalal that available in the link on the very first post.

Any screenshots you see are simply UI modifications done by other members by altering the styling files within the application directory.
Now that the source has been opened there is a danger of fragmentation due to modifications by various developers. Hence there may arise many versions of wazapp with different features, bugs and UI unless there is a "gate keeper" to integrate the best features into one official app.

Personally I feel the source code has been opened too early before main features like group chat, change status and media sending have been added and bugs squashed. tgalal could have opened the source to selected developers for their input but maintain overall control over the app until a full featured bug-free app is released and the danger of major fragmentation passed.

Last edited by SamGan; 2012-05-26 at 01:04.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Hong Kong
Well keep waiting, honestly, you need to search before posting, its been posted countless times, and people are getting a little fed up of the same questions being asked.

ATM it isn't known whether it is being worked on or not, its not a priority, the Dev wants the N9 to be bug free before he starts porting it to another platform..

Stop asking, and just sit patiently, otherwise PM TGalal instead of spamming this thread
I have been from this first page you see now, plus before they n9 a week, but I have been waiting for so long, just call me, no one say when the work tothere.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
Sorry for ignorance, but can i add/ merge/use facebook chat and live messenger (for eg.) with this app?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Beirut , LEBANON
Originally Posted by tiiagoFernandez View Post
Sorry for ignorance, but can i add/ merge/use facebook chat and live messenger (for eg.) with this app?
nopee..its a whatsapp client and nothing else

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Landscape error has been fixed and pushed to master Git branch.
Emojis are supported fully and no html tag parser can replace true unicode font.
More fixes were merged.
I hope TGalal will release it officially soon.
We continue to work on it but in more order and sense to avoid problems.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp