Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
I am overloading 6 VCR buttons (with the switch it is up to 18 effective buttons) because other buttons are used already. It's an audio system remote, remember?

However, those audio system control buttons are absolutely useless, at least for me - the only one I use is audio system on/off.
So, ok, if you aren't using all those audio system control buttons for anything, why wouldn't you want to repurpose them for use with Eventghost?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
So, ok, if you aren't using all those audio system control buttons for anything, why wouldn't you want to repurpose them for use with Eventghost?
Because audio system does respond to them, obviously.

Also, I have another Sony remote which has a lot of vcr-related buttons and just perfect for even advanced pc-controlling... but misses that audio system on-off switch button. =\

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-03-30 at 22:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
(Then again, it could just be that Qt timers just aren't reliable when you lock the screen. I'm probably going to have to do some more homework here.)
For sure, everything Qt "hangs" for 2 seconds if *power* button is press (not "slide switch" on the side) - guys from QTLockscreen replacement experienced it. I feel it too, if listening to radio without analog bypass, and I press power button to see time in lockscreen

No idea if it's related to current problem, though.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
For sure, everything Qt "hangs" for 2 seconds if *power* button is press (not "slide switch" on the side) - guys from QTLockscreen replacement experienced it.
Hmm, could be the problem. I wonder if there's a way to detect the change in the UI and work around it...

(BTW, did the QtLockscreen guys find a way around the problem? <Copernicus crosses his fingers>)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Thanks for all the hard work (:

Now I want to do something for you. Do you have dutch translation for Pierogi, if not and pierogi supports languages. I am happy to do the translation although I always use english om my device :P
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Do you have dutch translation for Pierogi, if not and pierogi supports languages. I am happy to do the translation although I always use english om my device :P
I would _love_ to see Pierogi get translated into Dutch! (Or, honestly, any other language.) Qt has significant support for internationalization, which I've pretty much been ignoring, as I'm really not fluent in anything but English.

Let me see what I would need to do to set up Pierogi to manage multiple translations...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hmm, could be the problem. I wonder if there's a way to detect the change in the UI and work around it...

(BTW, did the QtLockscreen guys find a way around the problem? <Copernicus crosses his fingers>)
As far as I'm aware - no You may want to poke topic as for "why it happens" in CSSU thread (yea, I know...), as they're ones that update Qt things there.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
hi.. its me again.. astro byond pvr on pierogi still not working.. huhu.. but i found this link.. maybe you need to sign in.. im not really sure it can help not understand the language.. hehe.. but i really hope it can.. here is the link..

http://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/42670.aspx

thanx again for ur hard work..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wangiwan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wangiwan View Post
hi.. its me again.. astro byond pvr on pierogi still not working.. huhu.. but i found this link..
I took a quick look; I doubt that the list appearing on that page covers the Samsung device, because it's a little too old (the timestamp says it was posted in January 2012, so it pre-dates the release of the Samsung).

But also, I've been trying to avoid getting any codeset data from commercial sources; Pierogi is currently a fully open-source project, including the keysets. I suspect that the data they're talking about on that site is from the Bang & Olufsen company itself, so I'd probably want to avoid it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I took a quick look; I doubt that the list appearing on that page covers the Samsung device, because it's a little too old (the timestamp says it was posted in January 2012, so it pre-dates the release of the Samsung).

But also, I've been trying to avoid getting any codeset data from commercial sources; Pierogi is currently a fully open-source project, including the keysets. I suspect that the data they're talking about on that site is from the Bang & Olufsen company itself, so I'd probably want to avoid it...
no no bad idea to dich propetiery for the shake of functionablity i respect your thoughts and myself would never give an idea to put non free parts in open projects . insted if fesiable create something like pierogi-restricted-extras which when installed can provide pierogi with the functionablity but do try avoid adding them directly to pierogi itself and sabotaging the open nature of the project'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control