Wifi is weaker, but then again 3g data is much better compared to N900. It is also a lot faster in connection handshake and getting ip address.

Rotate thing seems to work with some applications in task screen with landscape hack, but the browser is stubborn and always turns portrait.

My browser remembers for instance password to TMO, but fails on the sites where N900 failed too.

My biggest usability gripe currently is the lack of one hand zooming in browser. Double click is too often registered by links, and hidden left border middle click zooms too close. Should be an option to have volume keys for zooming in browser as it was in N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Surely there's no advantage in getting rid of the swirl gesture?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Swirl was awesome and really missed.

1- Need user agent for browser. Apparently Firefox had one but I can't find it.
2- Need folders for my apps. I spend too much time scrolling up and down looking for apps..
3- Why do we need to carry out two actions to answer phone calls? Swipe
and Then hit accept?
4- Typing and editing text is a nightmare. Make a mistake whilst typing forget about fixing it. Move on.

Ok I give up.there is text below this sentence but I can't scroll down to see or edit it. I Give up. Written from my n9 browser

5- Lag. My phone lags. I'm not bring but

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Sigh not impressed with how the post above came out. Either Nokia gave us s really lemon of a browser or all touch screen vkbs suck.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My biggest complaint is perhaps the most petty of them all... when I updated to PR1.1, I lost all of my wi-fi settings. I agree with the above, but in an odd way, as long as I have my Xoom tablet, surfing the web will be first laptop, then Xoom... then N9.

As a phone, I've had a couple of hiccups on answering the phone - slide up, then press the button to accept - I swear the hit area for the buttons are so damn accurate that I better be a sharp shooter while on the run... but seriously I'm enjoying the phone.

At the same time, I have other gripes. Mostly minor. The font size, goes with the screen size - this is the smallest screen size I can go to.

I don't like how I cannot state that I want to just view contacts that I have phone numbers for, I cannot copy/paste from contact information the number into the dialer (I have one GoogleTalk person that's identified by their phone number, a number I cannot remember for ****... can't copy/paste it for jack)...

The battery life with developer mode is leagues different than without. The fact that I had to set up a MfE account just to pull my Google contacts that I had used with my Android and WP7 phones without incident annoyed me too. And the fact I cannot go from the image or gallery for sharing to Twitter - you can do it only via the Twitter app - that annoys me.

Again, all minor. I'll hit the major ones one day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
@manatus I am talking about password saving in the browser, not session keeping/cookie

@afaq The swipe then accept is a direct copy fromWP. I think they just tried to be consistent there
Also the textarea problem in tmo can be solved with the tiny double arrows on the top left

@elieserlao I believe you but I am too lazy now to do it all over again

I like the small text and buttons, contrary to the big ugly ones on android. I also like the clock, and time selection control. Just perfect.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
The FONTS sizes are WAAAAAY TOOO SMALL. Why is there no font adjuster??? Hellooooooooooo....NOKIA. My call quality did improve with PR1.1
Hopefully a user defined adjuster will come, but larger font sizes for the general UI are definitely due to be rolled out in PR1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Again, all minor. I'll hit the major ones one day.
Today will be nice

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Today will be nice
If you want me to piss off the majority of this board... I'll gladly discuss what I consider major flaws. Believe it or not, PR1.1 solved some of them for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
to solve the repeated asking for password, reinstall pr 1.1 thru NSU,takes only 5 min. That is if you downloaded thru NSU the 1st time.
wifi strength is improved aft pr 1.1. No prob to connect wifi in public places even though at one floor up.
font size - up to individual i guess. Fine with me, nokia E6 has smaller font size.

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post: