Active Topics

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^ There's a Titan II already? Hahaha ohhh Nokia... "shakes head".
Yeeaahh... after skimming through the CES coverage I came across the Titan 2 and thought the same. Nokia's L900 is nice and all, but next to the Titan 2 it looks (excuse me while I clear my throat) LIKE 2 STEPS BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE AGAIN!!

So good luck with that. I will continue to love my N9 while Joe Zombie wanders into the at&t store and walks past the Lumia and buys the Titan 2. It's America, people (mostly) will buy what the media tells them to and what their friends tell them is cool. The word "Nokia" isn't in people's List of Cool Brands anymore. Good luck guys.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
The truly interesting stuff won't come till Apollo, I've always said...
It'll take so long that they may as well have had the balls just to stick with what they were doing.
September at the earliest, what's the bet, & that's with two massive co's collaborating!

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Anybody wanna challenge this guy in CES: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...dowsphone.aspx

Win $100 If Your Phone Is Faster than a Windows Phone

Overclocked N900???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Anybody wanna challenge this guy in CES: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_p...dowsphone.aspx

Win $100 If Your Phone Is Faster than a Windows Phone

Overclocked N900???
I'm curious.. If he's "So confident" then why is he "bringing a stack of $100 bills?)

Curious

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
I'm curious.. If he's "So confident" then why is he "bringing a stack of $100 bills?
Because you would never bet a person without the money. Stack of hundreds creates the illusion that you can/should win.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
I don't understand why they are re-using old Nokia device numbers like the 800 and 900? Are they trying to add a some masculinity to the Lumia name
Maybe it's like a price tier list for their services. We are approaching Dominique Strauss-Kahn territory.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-01-12 at 05:47.

Nokia did right this time!!!!

It's confirmed Lumia 900 has RGB AMOLED
(if it's true then congratz to Lumia 900)

WOW, that really made me "N9-with-ENVY"

I'd trade for its' 4.3 screen, its' battery, the RGB AMOLED but keep my meego + swipe UI.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Yeeaahh... after skimming through the CES coverage I came across the Titan 2 and thought the same. Nokia's L900 is nice and all, but next to the Titan 2 it looks (excuse me while I clear my throat) LIKE 2 STEPS BEHIND EVERYONE ELSE AGAIN!!

So good luck with that. I will continue to love my N9 while Joe Zombie wanders into the at&t store and walks past the Lumia and buys the Titan 2. It's America, people (mostly) will buy what the media tells them to and what their friends tell them is cool. The word "Nokia" isn't in people's List of Cool Brands anymore. Good luck guys.
Hahaha Joe Zombie. Love it. I indeed agree that many consumers in America care more about having the trendy products. I bought my N9 for the balance of not being too flashy, but having lots of unlocked potential and just being great at what a phone is supposed to do. It makes crystal clear calls and I haven't dropped a single one yet in the 3 months I've owned it. It also gets amazing reception with data coverage too. I love having a phone in the states no one even knows about. I love the confusion on peoples faces when I tell them the make and model, " that phone isn't on the commercials and in stores"

Last edited by justadude; 2012-01-12 at 07:12. Reason: added smiley

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by kiddn97583 View Post
Nokia did right this time!!!!

It's confirmed Lumia 900 has RGB AMOLED
(if it's true then congratz to Lumia 900)

WOW, that really made me "N9-with-ENVY"

I'd trade for its' 4.3 screen, its' battery, the RGB AMOLED but keep my meego + swipe UI.
The only truly notable advantage it has, is the sub-pixel config. I'm livid about that.
All N9 owners/supporters should be protesting on a massive scale right about now.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-12 at 08:10.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Guys read the thread please. There could't be RGB in N9. It doesn't fit. And not everybody wants a 4.3 incher with the same resolution as the N900.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob