Active Topics

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I would love to find out about the essence also, one thing is it just me or does is it kinda of a waste to have nfc pairing on headsets? I mean I can understand the speakers, but its not like u constantly pair and unpair headsets that you need to have nfc enabled to make it less of a chore.

I broke down and got the Nokia J earpiece. I love how it works and amazing stand by time.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stylish...n9-blue-100443

This is my review that dx did not publish (yet?)

The case has different material in the front and back, the front is glossy and almost transparent while the back is more opaque and it is matte. The holes in the back are about two mm off center. The big one is just a little ugly but the hole for the flash covers about one third of the flash which is unacceptable. The seam is not of very good quality and doesn't feel very nice to the touch.
The front part is thicker than the original Nokia one, but it doesn't interfere too much with swipe. The top part is completely open and makes inserting and removing the phone easy. Also the comparison with the original one that comes with the device is unavoidable and the original wins in every aspect.

The N9 is a beautiful phone and there are many features missing to make those stunning looks possible. Don't spoil it with this case.
In short? Don't bother.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
I broke down and got the Nokia J earpiece. I love how it works and amazing stand by time.
That's a nice looking piece, but a call-handling headset
I'm more into the music-handling headsets, which is why i am fascinated by the BH-905i and the Essence. My essential criteria are:
1) Bluetooth
2) Sound-cancelling technology
Haven't had much luck finding some...

Oh and I agree with your NFC point... NFC pairing in general sounds useless to me... only saves you tops 10 seconds... But whatever, if my N9 has it and the Essence has it, I won't complain about it, lol.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
I would love to find out about the essence also, one thing is it just me or does is it kinda of a waste to have nfc pairing on headsets? I mean I can understand the speakers, but its not like u constantly pair and unpair headsets that you need to have nfc enabled to make it less of a chore.

Looking at price of the 'essence', I'm seriously think sometime Nokia masturbate on technology & design ...

Anyhow, I have just buy this : Nokia BH-214

I used it in white version for years, and it was dead last week ...

Now it's time to get it in black to sweet my futur N9 and continue to serve my N900

A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
That's a nice looking piece, but a call-handling headset
I'm more into the music-handling headsets, which is why i am fascinated by the BH-905i and the Essence. My essential criteria are:
1) Bluetooth
2) Sound-cancelling technology
Haven't had much luck finding some...

Oh and I agree with your NFC point... NFC pairing in general sounds useless to me... only saves you tops 10 seconds... But whatever, if my N9 has it and the Essence has it, I won't complain about it, lol.
The thing is i learnt that if i wana listen to music im gonna get a real pair of headphones for listening to music, more often than not, on the n9 im gonna be hands on the phone anyway, to change albums etc, so I really don't mind the wires. Also I really don't mind noise cancellation but Im a bit paranoid, if im listening to music on my phone, its usually on the go, I dont really wana be deaf at that point in time. lol

<...>so I really don't mind the wires. <...>I dont really wana be deaf at that point in time. lol
I completely agree with you, wired headphone are unparallel in quality, but me... I really do mind wires, lol. I have been using bluetooth headphones for the past 5 or 6 years. I began with Sony HBH-DS970 then changed to DS980. But unfortunately the screen only worked on Sony Ericsson phones And even when I do change albums and such, my hands somehow managed to find itself struggled in the wired or obstructed by it, lol. So bluetooth all the way

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
<...>
Anyhow, I have just buy this : Nokia BH-214<...>
What the hell... a stereo bluetooth headset for under 10 euros?? Can you elaborate a bit more please...? I never paid under 150USD$ for mines...

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
What the hell... a stereo bluetooth headset for under 10 euros?? Can you elaborate a bit more please...? I never paid under 150USD$ for mines...
What needed to be elaborate a bit more ?

The Product specifications are here : Nokia BH-214 (Specifications).

This is where you can buy it : Nokia BH-214 (Buy it !!!).

This is a review (but you can find others with google) : Nokia BH-214 (review at The Nokia Guide).

Read and get it or not ...

A++

Last edited by colin.stephane; 2011-11-25 at 18:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
The official cover that comes in the box from Nokia doesnt have the slightly off hole... I don't think a chinese company would know something Nokia didnt think about...or would they? lol
Are You sure that Nokia hadn't think about that mic. Look again your silicone cover that came with the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to hannu.mikkola For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hannu.mikkola View Post
Are You sure that Nokia hadn't think about that mic. Look again your silicone cover that came with the phone
Hmm, right... There is a slightly always unnoticeable little space next to the flash...lol, guess they did think about it.

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
<...>
Read and get it or not ...
A++
I still don't trust it...haha. But while browsing reviews, I remembered about another headset and decided to buy it! The Nokia BH-505. Originally marketed with the Nokia N9 for its NFC capabilities so it should make a nice accessory to the phone

For anybody interrested, I found a good Black Friday deal in here with free shipping:
http://www.accessorygeeks.com/nokia-...ite-black.html
Specs:
http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications
Review (amongst many):
http://mynokiablog.com/2010/05/13/re...adset-evaaarr/

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
BT keyboard that apparently works out-of-the-box
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...65&postcount=6
Otherwise of course there's this to get it going...
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: