Active Topics

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Nothing more to add.

Except I would want a portrait keyboard, but that ain't gonna happen by CSSU
Could you point me to your source for this particular information? I've been trying for a while now to find out whether or not they doing that portrait vkb.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Well for the people who didnt know there is an option to download an hildon-desktop with the ability to lock orientation into portrait or landscape! I had that installed but then you lose the ability to choose seprate wallpapers for landscape and portrait which you can do with cssu hildon-desktop so i wanted both seprate wallpapers for landscape and portriat and also ability to lock orientation in portrait!
I installed the lockable to portrait hildon-desktop that came out months ago. Then as the cssu updates came out, i updated to those as well. until now i have seperate wallpapers in portrait and landscape and lockable portrait/landscape orientation.

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Bennypr0fane, I can't find the statement anymore. It's only in my memory now. Did a quick search but didn't find it anymore.

Plans can change(Jon released some source of vkb) but I don't think it will happen. If you want to be sure I would ask a CSSU Member on IRC for example

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Nothing more to add.
Maybe CSSU can include a conversations theme that supports portraitmode and then add conversations to the whitelist automatically

The conversation theme I had in mind was this one: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=995119

It's generally the default one + portrait support added.
Indeed, now that there is the support for rotation it would be useful to include this theme by default.

In any case, it's a pity that nobody has properly packaged the Conversation Themes to ease installation for noob users.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
I installed the lockable to portrait hildon-desktop that came out months ago. Then as the cssu updates came out, i updated to those as well. until now i have seperate wallpapers in portrait and landscape and lockable portrait/landscape orientation.
How did you exactly manage to do that as at the moment i can only do one of the options which works but the other stops working!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Indeed, now that there is the support for rotation it would be useful to include this theme by default.

In any case, it's a pity that nobody has properly packaged the Conversation Themes to ease installation for noob users.
converstion-modder is pretty newbish...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
converstion-modder is pretty newbish...
But not even in the repos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
when conversation bug will be solved ? i.e not saving sent messages for a contact when you do messaging alot. it show pending icon but message is delivered to the contact you are messaging.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
when conversation bug will be solved ? i.e not saving sent messages for a contact when you do messaging alot. it show pending icon but message is delivered to the contact you are messaging.
You mean sms messages or internet communicators' messages? If latter, it may be a bug in underlying libpurble, as I've noticed same behaviour in desktop Pidgin some time ago (I'm not using Pidgin on my desktop anymore, so no clue if it is solved in newer versions or not).

edit: btw, this never happened to me on my N900 during last 2.5 years

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
You mean sms messages or internet communicators' messages? If latter, it may be a bug in underlying libpurble, as I've noticed same behaviour in desktop Pidgin some time ago (I'm not using Pidgin on my desktop anymore, so no clue if it is solved in newer versions or not).

edit: btw, this never happened to me on my N900 during last 2.5 years
sms messages. there is also a bug report. will try to find it and will post the link to it.

edit: there you go. LINK its link to the thread for that bug. i was unable to find the bug report. there are some solutions but no help. same problem comes back after a day or 2.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-05-20 at 08:47. Reason: added link to post

Tags
cssu testing