Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
can someone tell me the default value of system/osso/connectivity/network_type/auto_connect please?
i accidentally deleted it and forgot what it was... stupid, i know.

thank you very much!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Code:
$ gconftool -g /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/auto_connect
[*]

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
thanks, qwazix!

but my n9 still doesn't autoconnect to wifi or mobile data... does anybody have an idea how to solve this?
when i reset to factory settings, will i lose inception, oc, qtweak etc.? i don't want that, my phone runs better than ever (except the connection issue)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
thanks, qwazix!

but my n9 still doesn't autoconnect to wifi or mobile data... does anybody have an idea how to solve this?
when i reset to factory settings, will i lose inception, oc, qtweak etc.? i don't want that, my phone runs better than ever (except the connection issue)
If you want to reset to factory settings, its better to do a reflash...

N9QTweak has a tweak to backup your tweaked phone as well as .deb files of installed apps. It also allows you to backup your messages etc...Refer to the wiki for full info to make a reflash as painless as possible

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
thanks, qwazix!

Got to Settings -> Internet Connection (2. point in list)
There you got "edit networks" or similar.

When you click that, you'll see a list of all networks, divided in 2 parts (automatic / manual).

Click & hold on the network you want and select "Use automatically", then it will move to the other section of the list and connect automatically.

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
Got to Settings -> Internet Connection (2. point in list)
There you got "edit networks" or similar.

When you click that, you'll see a list of all networks, divided in 2 parts (automatic / manual).

Click & hold on the network you want and select "Use automatically", then it will move to the other section of the list and connect automatically.
thanks, but all my networks are set to connect automatically - but it doesn't work. i only changed the wifi search interval and the auto_connect value with gconfik, but both are retored to default. and still it doesn't connect...

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
there are should be any app using internet connection for wifi autoconnect. isn't it?

when an active app wants to connect, it connects automatically. but background connection doesn't turn on internet.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Try setting some of your mail accounts as always-up-to-date...If your mails get pushed to you then it means it is working fine...

mails do get pushed trough, but only after i selected the desired connection manually. for example, when i leave home it doesn't switch to mobile data on its own. and doesn't switch back to wifi when i come home.