Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The title says it all. Do you know any way that I could access it remotely and if not trace it, wipe it out?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

I doubt that is possible unless you had anti-theft software installed. Do you remember your IMEI?

If so, report it as stolen and a network operator can shut it down/track it if a sim card is inserted, I think.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
yes I have the box, the IMEI is on it (it is also on the autocomplete of the tablet firmware page in ff) Maybe I will try calling them even if I think it's going to be futile.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

the are several ways:

1) you have configured previously on the N900 a ssh connection linked tu your public IP (this way you can access to your N900 no matter where is) (generally people uses ssh with the private IP network of home, but if you had it with public ip you can get access anywhere)

2) if you know the mac adress, you can always map the network trying to find that mac adress, ( for example if you N900 get stole in the university or work you can map the network of that places searching for that specific mac address, with the program "nmap" for example is the best open source network mapper)

3) say the thieff is stupid and connect to internet with your 3G connection, ok in that case your ISP ( your telephonic company) can trace its exact location in the map,

4) the same occurs with your sim card the company can trace the phone location through near thelephonys antennas

5) with your immei you can call nokia and lock your phone, this way you cant recover it but you get the satifaction of no one is using your phone.

Last edited by -Tyler-; 2012-01-22 at 14:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to -Tyler- For This Useful Post:
my n900 got robbed last month and the bloke who stole it activated his face book account using it, for where i live there are no n900s for 500miles .I googled my town in north Thailand along with n900 came up with n900 status updater with this blokes account who lives next door.Is there a way for facebook to say this is the same phone? cheers.
Dec

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by deaghlan View Post
my n900 got robbed last month and the bloke who stole it activated his face book account using it, for where i live there are no n900s for 500miles .I googled my town in north Thailand along with n900 came up with n900 status updater with this blokes account who lives next door.Is there a way for facebook to say this is the same phone? cheers.
Dec
I have to say. If there are no N900's around. You were able to find out who was using it. And the guy lives next door.

It might be your phone. I would take some action, and then deal with the consequences.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
really sorry to hear that good luck for all
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
if you had installed dyndns script into the device, then yes, otherwise no.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
smscon should be able to do that without dyndns. (of course .. if it was installed beforehand)

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by deaghlan View Post
I googled my town in north Thailand
Is that town Pai by any chance? I live there too 6 months in every year.

Missing it now, bloody English summer, pissing it down.
I have a N900 too, so don't jump on me if you see me with it in Pai!

Last edited by macey; 2012-06-22 at 09:19.