Lumia phones seem to be a nightmare:

"Talking about preferences, is it possible to install an individual ring-tone? If yes, how, it is not obvious. At least it is quite simple to change the colour of the icons. When I set-up the email I could not find if the POP-mails will be left on server or deleted, there is no setting about it, so I assume (hope) they will be left on server."

http://technokloty.blogspot.com/2012...lumia-800.html

OMG

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
Well i dont understand why should Nokia choose a Close-Source OS with limited Features.I wish that They should improve Symbian or Maemo/Meego with html5 compliant over this WP7 ****.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
[QUOTE=PMaff;1156154]Lumia phones seem to be a nightmare:

"Talking about preferences, is it possible to install an individual ring-tone? If yes, how, it is not obvious.

Hi,
You are asking in the wrong place,
Take a trip over to Nokia dot com and click on Discussions, there you will find the Nokia Winphone section with a answer to your ringtone question and anything else Lumia related.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpetrise For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=jpetrise;1156349]
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post

"Talking about preferences, is it possible to install an individual ring-tone? If yes, how, it is not obvious.

Hi,
Take a trip over to Nokia dot com and click on Discussions, there you will find the Nokia Winphone section with a answer to your ringtone question and anything else Lumia related.
so many thoughts and so little space to write in....

but the Nokia stock/share value just about says it all,
except "we told you so"

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Last edited by theonelaw; 2012-01-27 at 04:23. Reason: link added

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by jpetrise View Post
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post

Hi,
You didn't get it; this wasn't a question It was a pointer about things that happen outside of TMO/Maemo/Harmattan. Sometimes "knowing your enemies" (and looking over the fence; posting informational links; etc.) is helpful, even if it's all misery "over there" and we then make fun of something.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-01-27 at 05:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I think it is possible to install an individual ringtone but you have to buy it from the appstore. This about sums up Microsoft's attitude to its customers - captive cash cows. This is the reason I will never support WP7. The horror of MS dominating another technology segment is just too scary to contemplate.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
you have to push it to the phone via zune, with genre "ringtone" (without the quotes, all small letters) The funny thing is that you have to guess it because "ringtone" is not in the default list of genres

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Ive always loved Windows on my PC. Thats as far as my love for M$ goes though.