Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Always google a bit before buying from an ebay seller.
http://ytscellphones.blogspot.com/20...r-name-is.html

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
Mine was made from Finland, bought it from Frys.
Please check the sticker under the battery and report back. Is it a pre-release device? (N-00) Those were made in finland if I remember correctly.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
It says mine n900 is designed in Finland, wuz problem?

all n900s where designed in finland cause nokia develops there; the phone itself is made in korea cause of the cheaper wages/lower taxes etc.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Weren't the "borrowed" pre-release models Fin made?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"Designed" and "made" are not synonyms.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mishania View Post
Hello maemo community. I want to share my ebay purchase story with everybody to avoid making same mistake that i did. I purchased "NEW Nokia N900 3G 32GB WIFI GPS 5MP QWERTY SmartPhone MADE IN FINLAND " from cellphoneforever seller. This was my second N900, first one has broken USB connector. As i received the box i realized that this is not the same box that i got with my first N900. The box was with no any bar code. Surprise was inside. The phone come with no stylus, no video cable and no instruction. It was some chip printed booklet about different phone that everybody can print at home printer. Well, i guess no big deal. When i charged phone and turned it on i start to explore new purchase. Firmware was outdated, but this is OK, i can upgrade it later. Surprise was inside the conversation folder. It was a bunch of SMS messages between previous owner and other people. It was conversation in London area code. When I contacted seller about stylus and video cable he told me that i can buy it for additional price. Finally i got email that i can return the phone with full refund include shipping cost, BUT i have to ship it with no tracking number. . Such a smart idea!!! Ok, here is the end. I contacted Paypal and the opened dispute case. A little bit hussle for my N900. But I really like that phone !!!
Hope somebody will learn my lesson and will avoid my mistake.
P.S. I contacted Nokia and gave them IMEI number, they told me that this phone more than 1 year old and not under nokia warranty and phone was purchased in Europe.
Hello mishania. I purchased n900 on eBay with cellphoneforever seller too. I agree with you about accesories. But the phone, it's a real n900, i mean, a genuine Nokia N900? I haven't seen one physically. And I really interested to get one (genuine) with all accesories original (including the box). What happened with you dispute case? How can i contact Nokia for IMEI number?

And somebody could recommend me where to buy a new genuine one? Thanks for all your replies.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Gnux View Post
And somebody could recommend me where to buy a new genuine one? Thanks for all your replies.
Not all Ebay sellers are scams for N900. It should be safe to get one from Australia stock sellers like the one below. They even allow pickups from the Sydney CBD and everything. I personally would trust this 100%. (I live in Sydney also) But yeah, it's not as cheap as cellphoneforever.

e.g. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW...#ht_6078wt_905

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-10-15 at 11:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
You can buy near mint n900 in France for 200 euros (azertykeyboard).

http://www.leboncoin.fr/annonces/off...1&q=nokia+n900

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
How hard it is to find replacement keyboards nowadays?