Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I had the same [twitter not connecting] problem on the first day I got my N9... .. I ended up doing a hard-reset (Clear device)... since then (was a week ago) everything is working fine in that regards...
I found that the Twitter client would not connect the first time if I was connected through WiFi - in fact using WireShark it was apparent the client was not even making the attempt. I switched to the 3G network and it connected first go. After that it would connect OK with WiFi.

It still gives me "unable to load trending topic" though on the search screen, WiFi or 3G.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Followed the steps exactly and i only see "My Calendar". Rest are all set to viewable (on the pc) but dont appear on the N9. Are there any settings in google calendar I need to change?

thanks
try doing what was posted here.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The "unable to continue installation due to unresolved error" was due to low battery in my situation. I just don't know why some apps throw unresolved error and some others clearly state that the battery is low. Anyway when I plugged the charger everything installed fine

By the way my compass thumbnail is NOT live like in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...RFvd40I#t=128s

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-10-30 at 13:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Yeah my compass thumb nail isnt active like in that video either. I think I read somewhere that they made a snapshot instead of having it run live in the tiles, for some reason. May be untrue.

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
what did you install and enable? it's most likely related. anything that was alpha or beta? dev mode enabled? etc.

Thanks for replying, the crashing started before I installed anything, just using the browser and built in apps, so perhaps it is network or hardware related? (I am on O2 in the UK)

I tried installing the following from the store (nothing in beta AFAIK):

Filebox (installed after a few attempts) but is no longer visible
Compass (installed after a few attempts)

Both the above showed some kind of download error.

No other applications would install: Recorder, Battery Usage, Nokia City Scene, Finger Drums, Spotify, SreenshotMee etc. All say 'download error' then when trying again, fails with the same error: "unable to continue installation due to unresolved error".

I've tried this on both wifi and 3g.

I'm attaching some poor quality photos, as I can't even take screenshots.

Note I can't remove the application by holding down the icon and clicking the 'x' for the compass app, I get a "Can't delete OK" dialogue box.

I only enabled dev mode later to see if it would let me uninstall things, but it didn't help, enabling/disabling it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for any help
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip caa_n9_issues.zip (397.6 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by caa; 2011-10-30 at 14:43.

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
does anybody else have the following issue?:
plug in headphones, start music app, music still comes through loud speakers, re insert headphone (sometimes takes 2 times), and it plays through the headphones.
I have the same problem, but no matter how many time I reinsert the headphones they will not work. Not sure if it's my Bose earphones or the headphone jack.

yeh happened to me once... i just didnt push the headphones in far enough.. it needed that extra force

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
I ran my N9 for 9 days, 4 hours and some number of minutes (information courtesy of the Battery Usage app). From time to time there was some lag, particularly starting applications.

A lot of email (3 accounts), multiple calendar sync (with CalDAV), SMS, RSS and Facebook feeds to the notification screen, maps, web browsing, music (using FLAC as the encoding format), video (mostly downloaded using CuteTube), the above mentioned Battery Usage app running all the time, oh yeah - and some phone calls. WiFi, Bluetooth on always. Usually a half dozen apps running all the time (clock, calendar, battery usage among others).

Finally it seemed like it just got gummed up (how's that for a technical term?) so I shut it down and restarted (probably only the third restart in the time I've had it.) Smooth as glass again.

As yet I haven't turned Developer Mode on.

I'm not in the habit of rebooting my phone often - I used to let the N900 run for a l-o-n-g time. Anyone else seen anything like this?
Check memory consumption and check especially how much dirty memory (=non-recoverable until app exists) is consumed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhas For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
does anyone know if it is possible to create contact shortcuts in the app grid? Maybe by editing some .desktop files?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
is there a way to change the default search engine on the browser to be google instead of bing? :X

i feel like you can't do anything with this browser!

The Following User Says Thank You to charbar For This Useful Post: