Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
I'm not normally one to panic, but I need help and I need it fast.
One friend to me: "Show <friend 2> your new phone"
Me: "OK I will"
All of a sudden, the lock screen won't swipe away. There's movement, but it's like it won't leave the confines of the physical display. OK, no big deal - reboot. Does it again.

This issue apparently came into being spontaneously on the walk home from work. All I was doing was listening to music.

Today an update for SSH server/client came through, so I installed it. Other than that I haven't touched the software on the phone for a couple of days.

For obvious reasons, this is not OK! I have to go out this evening and need my phone. I have a selection of fine backup devices, but I'm rather fond of my N9. Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

I'm just rebooting for the 4th time, and I'm going to try turning off the lock screen.

AAAAARGH.
Yikes, that sounds painful. The list of issues is building and building. Is it possible we all jumped for the N9 expecting N900 quality? If Aliens really did build this phone then we might need them to come back and answer some questions (and provide PR's).

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
I'm feeling really sad for all you n9 owners with problems. This growing list of weird bugs is a dealbreaker for me, at least not till the updates to come out hopefully to solve most problems. Hope the lot of you get your problems resolved, because at the price Nokia forced on you, you all deserve a very quality experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm now on the watch out for these listed issues/items. So far, I've been lucky - outside of my Drive issue - but I'm paying attention now to try to diagnose these problems if I have them too.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
I just enable "allow background connection" and push mail works . But I dont want to enable this option , I just want to receive mail when I manually connect to Internet .
Another question : internet connection ( 3g or wifi) drops after 30secones or 1 minute if I don't use Internet . Is this normal ?
that is happening when you have powersaving on

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
@shallimus

I thought I had the same problem until I realized you have to swipe the screen from the edge, like when you want to go to the home screen. The little animation doesn't help either.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
@shallimus

I thought I had the same problem until I realized you have to swipe the screen from the edge, like when you want to go to the home screen. The little animation doesn't help either.
Huh - you may be onto something. Perhaps my hands were just experiencing the onset of Canadian winter too as the 'issue' seems to have resolved itself now... and now I'm being careful to swipe from well beyond the edge.

If it's a real issue tomorrow once I've had some sleep, I'll post again - otherwise (and anyway), thank you

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Huh - you may be onto something. Perhaps my hands were just experiencing the onset of Canadian winter too as the 'issue' seems to have resolved itself now... and now I'm being careful to swipe from well beyond the edge.

If it's a real issue tomorrow once I've had some sleep, I'll post again - otherwise (and anyway), thank you
Yeah, what he said. I've noticed that the lock screen would move a few inches left or right if you don't swipe from the edge. Also there are times when I try swiping with one finger, and my finger accidentally moves up/down by a very little margin before I swipe (I notice this when I try to swipe on the Feed home screen from right to left). This results in nothing happening.

I usually just resort to using two hands in this case. One to hold the phone, the other swipe properly from the edge of the screen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shockr For This Useful Post:
I'm seriously contemplating buying the N9. I'm sure that most of the major bugs will be ironed out in the next update but the lack of a overclocking solution so far bothers me.

I would have expected the community to have some sort of a solution to this by now. Heck, I do not even see an active thread on this. I understand that Aegis is one the reasons behind this, but is this something that can be resolved in the near future ?

Originally Posted by Paul Ortyl View Post
Tethering is possible with the preinstalled application. It creates ad-hoc network, so no "infrastructure mode" here. It works fine for me. There are some reported problems in US, bug has been submitted.
I live in Sweden and I have some problems. My Chinese built Thinkpad Slate running Android can't see the n9 Wifi network. Nor can it access it if I enter the network credentials manually.

My computer can access the n9 hotspot just fine.

The Thinkpad slate can access the hotspot network from my sons Android phone.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sabresh View Post
I'm seriously contemplating buying the N9. I'm sure that most of the major bugs will be ironed out in the next update but the lack of a overclocking solution so far bothers me.

I would have expected the community to have some sort of a solution to this by now. Heck, I do not even see an active thread on this. I understand that Aegis is one the reasons behind this, but is this something that can be resolved in the near future ?
you should check the aegis discussion over at forum.meego.com handheld section.

it would seem that the aegis issue is "solved" for the time being, and overclocking etc. is just a matter of someone whose experienced in that side to do the implementation.

(bluetooth keyboard support was just done on the meego forums)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post: