Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
No more bug in payment at Nokia Music Store. Before 1.3 I have to add and remove my credit card number to buy an item

The Following User Says Thank You to carlosalbertoteles For This Useful Post:
Home screen changes and fixes:
  • Various minor performance and layouting fixes were made for the application icons and folders
  • Bookmarks were opened using the previous default browser after changing the default browser
  • Application icons were sometimes incorrectly shown after unsuccessful application installation
  • Some default application names were truncated in some languages
  • The background of the AccuWeather widget was not transparent
System UI changes and fixes:
  • There is now a status indicator icon for the Beep profile in the status area and on the standby screen
  • Notification timestamps were incorrect in certain scenarios
  • Profile selection did not work after using headset
  • Lock screen did not update when connected to a TV

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Accuweather is still not transparent. It just has rounded corners now.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Accuweather is still not transparent. It just has rounded corners now.
The widget itself is transparent. Accuweather just would need to use a transparent image background.

Try meecast, there its fully transparent now.

THX @ Vesuri, added your points as new entrys or added a link to your post on already existing entrys.

No need to ask for confirmation here

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Rosice, Czech Republic
New LPS bugs:
  • After a device lock brightness is not lowered (i.e. the clock is really bright). It lowers on its own after 5 minutes or so..
  • If you cover and uncover again the proximity sensor, screen just stays black until I press the power button/unlock. Again, after some time the clock appears at proper brightness level.

This is after an OTA update, tried brightness-als and brightness-simple, behaves the same in both.

The Following User Says Thank You to celebrant For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by celebrant View Post
New LPS bugs:
  • After a device lock brightness is not lowered (i.e. the clock is really bright). It lowers on its own after 5 minutes or so..
  • If you cover and uncover again the proximity sensor, screen just stays black until I press the power button/unlock. Again, after some time the clock appears at proper brightness level.

This is after an OTA update, tried brightness-als and brightness-simple, behaves the same in both.
Doesn't seem to happen for me. There's a short delay, but it works basically as expected. Also with OTA update.

The Following User Says Thank You to Setok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
The widget itself is transparent. Accuweather just would need to use a transparent image background.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by celebrant View Post
New LPS bugs:

These are not Harmattan bugs but caused by something that has been installed to the system. Works fine without 3rd party hacks.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Exciting new defect/mis-feature/regression:
When a page in the browser fails to load (or you stop it quickly), the URL bar is now cleared.
Fantastically annoying if you're browsing e.g. a Twitter backlog out of mobile coverage. I tended to load up a bunch of links in browser windows when I was on the tube that I knew wouldn't load, so I could just "reload" them when I got signal back. Can't do that anymore, as all the windows become worthless. Time to switch to Firefox?

qwazix has already pointed out that arrow keys in VKB working everywhere except messaging still hasn't been fixed.

Pressing back to get back from a tweet to a search results page in Twitter still reloads the results and resets the position to the top. Annoying, and doesn't happen in Lists page.

Twitter client also still has a tendency to pop up the long-hold card when I just tap a tweet (first time after having switched back to the app I think).

Facebook client still keen on just highlighting posts rather than going into them - sometimes requires a second tap.

Facebook again. Timeline. Scroll down to and load a second page-worth. Multitask away and then back. App immediately decides to update. By reloading the first page and throwing away the second. Again annoying when I'm going through a backlog and loading links. OK afaicr in PR1.1. Broken in PR1.2. Not fixed in PR1.3.

I would have filed all the above as bugs but ... oh, yes, closed bugtracker.

Yet again in Twitter - search results page - the tab bar has been made ever so slightly taller. Wow!

No actual fixes to report. Bit disappointed really. Can I sign some kind of NDA and go work for Nokia for free for a few days and fix these issues?

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^Cant see any fixes? Other folks have been posting plenty :-/

i believe on the lockscreen i dont have my carriers logo/name anymore unlike before,
fenix/mail seems to keep wifi on even in battery saver mode (even more persistent than 1.2) all this is after OTA 64gb black AUT version