I nominate myself for making marblemaze game for maemo5 . I don't have any Meego device till now
Hope i will get this time as it will help me a lot in my app development and studies. Thanks .

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Hi guys, we would like your help with assigning the final device prize - the fcrochik N9 award. This is a N9 which will go to a Maemo5 developer. If you know someone who deserves to be considered (including yourself) please get in touch with me We need your help to narrow down the list of possible recipients.

The person we'd ideally like to reward would be an unsung hero.. someone who is doing great work on Maemo5 and who hasn't already got a MeeGo device. Someone who will keep and enjoy the device, and will continue their great work and bring their apps to the new platform. And ideally someone who took part in the competition. However, excellent candidates outside these restrictions could still be considered, so please let us know if you know someone who fulfils some/all of these ideals.

There's no community vote for this prize. The N9 prize is a device that was awarded to fcrochik from the community awards, which he has kindly donated to the competition prize pool - so ofcourse fcrochik will have the major say in choosing the winner. We don't have much time to spend on it so please get your nominations to us asap - via email preferably

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayushkedia For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Not a bad idea at all; that's how some popular devices like the Griffin Beacon work.

Not as useless as you might think -- you might be able to turn that device into a "learning remote" for the N9/N950/N900. The LIRC server (which has been running on the N900 from the beginning) has plenty of support for receiving IR data, it just hasn't had the hardware available to do it...

Ah, I'm pretty much just a software guy. But yeah, there's no reason an N9/N950 + bluetooth IR dongle couldn't run Pierogi...
Crazy idea here. As a winner of of an N950 I'm going to miss using Pierogi. I don't plan on getting rid of my N900 anytime soon. Thought about using it as some embedded device/little arch Linux server. But now that I think about it, why not use it with Pierogi in my media cabinet? If Pierogi had a remote interface over wi-if, then a client for N9 could send the commands to Pierogi as a server. This would be a pretty cool use of old N900s lying around. Even N900s with some broken hardware could be used.

Any thoughts?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Crazy idea here. As a winner of of an N950 I'm going to miss using Pierogi. I don't plan on getting rid of my N900 anytime soon. Thought about using it as some embedded device/little arch Linux server. But now that I think about it, why not use it with Pierogi in my media cabinet? If Pierogi had a remote interface over wi-if, then a client for N9 could send the commands to Pierogi as a server. This would be a pretty cool use of old N900s lying around. Even N900s with some broken hardware could be used.

Any thoughts?
Well, it makes for a very expensive dedicated IR controller, but yeah, there's no reason why you couldn't do that. Right now, the biggest problem is that Pierogi is still a monolithic Qt GUI app; back in the spring, I started trying to detach the back-end code and turn it into a library, but that ended up being a bigger project than I had expected. I still hope to do it, but there are still a few other Pierogi projects I'd like to get squared away first...

But you don't need to wait for me! If you're just going to use your N900 to control a single device, the LIRC server is already available and perfect for this use. You could just start up LIRC with a config file for your device, then log in remotely and give it the commands you want. (Or, set up a cgi-bin script of some sort to contain the LIRC commands, fire up an httpd, and point a web browser at your N900 to run the device. I actually haven't yet set up a web server on my N900, I keep meaning to do that...)

The website www.lirc.org has lots of details about the LIRC project, although it takes a little bit of effort to dredge through it all.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Just use pierogi on a well-positioned N900 through VNC or SSH. Problem solved.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
About our last device for N900 developer - see this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...14&postcount=1

...and this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=11

What do you think about this proposition?
---

My personal opinion - I would rather see this device in hands of Copernicus, due to fact, that he is amazingly active for his N900 projects, updating them constantly, no matter of prize on the horizon or not. I think it's more in line with fcrochik's will about this device - for best N900 developer (out of regular Coding Competition).

Still, lxp is worth considering too, that why I'm highlighting this candidacy.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
My personal opinion - I would rather see this device in hands of Copernicus, due to fact, that he is amazingly active for his N900 projects, updating them constantly, no matter of prize on the horizon or not. I think it's more in line with fcrochik's will about this device - for best N900 developer (out of regular Coding Competition).
Thank you! But I should say that I'm probably going to continue to concentrate all my available time (what there is of it) on Pierogi at least for the near future, and Pierogi is of very limited use on an N9 (as it lacks the necessary hardware). So it might be better to get the device into the hands of a more active N9 developer...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Hi, I would really like to see snx ported to harmattan (nx client)
Therefore i vouch for its author, if he commits to port it to N9 (he didnt seem responsive in the last months)

The Following User Says Thank You to paoletto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
About our last device for N900 developer - see this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...14&postcount=1

...and this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=11

What do you think about this proposition?
Just checking, are you nominating lxp?

Originally Posted by paoletto View Post
Hi, I would really like to see snx ported to harmattan (nx client)
Therefore i vouch for its author, if he commits to port it to N9 (he didnt seem responsive in the last months)
I'm not sure who the author/current maintainer is, can you confirm? I'm assuming you mean maacruz as this is the only announce thread I can find for something called snx.

Guys you need to tell me who you're nominating, don't leave it to me to figure out cos I'm likely to get the wrong name

It would be nice to get a few more nominations for people who have supported/contributed to the coding competition, either with entries, donations, help/graphics, or anything. Just saying

Edit: I'll assume it's lxp and maacruz.. so that makes 10 nominations, let's run with what we have (anyone else who was interested would have nominated by now). I'll forward the list of names on, watch this space

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-21 at 23:17.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
OK, will there be some vote or a poll or just fcrochik's decision. I am fine with all possibilities, just to know ...

taixzo, jackburton, Lucien XU, Khertan, qwazix, aStrike, draxcp6, dirksonguer, paoletto, Halftux, titilambert, leon.anavi, munozferna, jukra, helex, MartinK, Schturman, Marrat, and peterleinchen - ... You get a box of virtual cookies plus an imaginary gold star on your fictious report.
Where are our cookies?

No, serious:
fcrochik, netvandal, and ikkysleepy - I have your Nokia developer username but no extra details (which is fine, but I'm going to email you to double check your Nokia developer account details are all up to date and correct.) (Edit: done) (edit2: moved marmistrz and kesrut to this section)

[..snip..], [..snip..] and saidinesh5 - I don't have any Nokia developer username for you three guys so I'll be emailing you asap to get those. (Edit: emails sent)
What about current info status? Of course just out of curiosity (not impatience).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
OK, will there be some vote or a poll or just fcrochik's decision. I am fine with all possibilities, just to know ...

Where are our cookies?
You have to go to your nearest phone store and demand your free Nokia cookies! Be warned, some store owners are bad and greedy want to keep all the imaginary cookies for themselves - don't take no for an answer! Don't leave the store without them!

No, serious:
What about current info status? Of course just out of curiosity (not impatience).
I have atleast a Nokia developer username from everyone now, as soon as the final prize is sorted then all the info will be passed on to the rep for device dispatch voodoo.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-10-22 at 08:59.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas