Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I installed Maliit in the N900.

Can anyone help me to activate?

Thanks

maliit is a vkb targeted to qtcomponents based apps. To try it install butaca

Last edited by inean; 2011-10-15 at 19:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
just tried to, but Butaca also tries to install a later QT-components-10 package, the 1.0~git20111014-1+0m version.

The combination of these 2 errored in FAP and I had to do a apt-get -f install to remove them and get a sable situation back.

Any idea ?

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
just tried to, but Butaca also tries to install a later QT-components-10 package, the 1.0~git20111014-1+0m version.

The combination of these 2 errored in FAP and I had to do a apt-get -f install to remove them and get a sable situation back.

Any idea ?
yaaa...waits until the developer announce(thread) in this community the release of his projects...

Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post

Any idea ?
Yep. Unfortunately, there's not going to be a clear way to upgrade from qt-components to qt-components-10, neither for the old extras-devel qt-components and for the dropbox one.

The thing is that qt-components-10 ant qt-components-base-theme sets conflict flags to qt-components and qt-components-base-icons to prevent a user to reach an inconsistent state. Any other combination of Replaces + Breaks + Provides unfortunatelly doesn't work.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
yaaa...waits until the developer announce(thread) in this community the release of his projects...
Ok, I will post an announce about qt-components and be prepared for the qt-component install party/mess

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
ok, running now with the qt-components-10 and Butaca (great program btw), also Maliit installed. But the question remains ... How to activate the vkb in a text entry field?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
In the maliit wiki there is an envvar that is supposed to take care of gtk integration. Has anybody tried if it works on maemo?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
It did, but the one from the repo in my signature. This is one doens't i guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Below is from the Maliit wiki. In the filesystem I only found the maliit-server binary so I guess we can safely forget about all the mentions of the 'legacy-mode'.

I've put both non-legacy-mode export commands in my .bashrc, rebooted, ran the server binay as requested (got 2 warning/error messages) in a terminal screen, ran Butaca, double clicked in an input field and see, a VKB appears, on a totally black background...

It's fully functional, but whatever you type doesn't appear on screen. Only when you click outside the vkb, you get back to the normal screen and you can see what you've typed.

It's a very good start

UPDATE: when for 2nd time calling the vkb it appears overlayed over the normal page and you can see the entered text correctly, as you type. This is all early game on Fremantle but very nice to see that things are actually working fine already. Thanks for all developers and testers involved so far !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input context
The Qt input context is loaded by setting the environment variable QT_IM_MODULE=Maliit

export QT_IM_MODULE=Maliit
If running in legacy-mode, replace "Maliit" with "MInputContext"

The Gtk+ (optional) input context is loaded by setting the
GTK_IM_MODULE=meego-im

export GTK_IM_MODULE=meego-im
The Gtk+ module name is planned to be changed to Maliit in the near future.

Server
Note: You need to have a compositing window manager running to be able to use Maliit.

maliit-server -software -bypass-wm-hint
If running legacy-mode, replace "maliit-server" with "meego-im-uiserver".

In the future, it might be that the server can be autostarted by the input context.

Last edited by Netweaver; 2011-10-16 at 08:40.