Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
Now running sportstracker completely crashes the phone.

I have to remove the battery to revive it.
You need to download the libraries. There should be a script to do it on the first post, if not, I uploaded it a couple pages ago

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
You need to download the libraries. There should be a script to do it on the first post, if not, I uploaded it a couple pages ago
I did that manually a few days ago, but probably not right. Anyway, after running the script, the message about libstdc disappeared, but the phone still went ballistic (no response, just totally hangs). Had to remove the battery again.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, do meego applications work with qt-components-10? I'm trying some time now to decipher what's happening with qt-components and fremantle, which is the correct package, and how we should use it.

I understand that qt-components-10 is newer, optified and is in extras, but I thought we should import org.maemo.fremantle instead of com.nokia.meego (which creates the need for different QML files for fremantle and harmattan only for the import declaration).

Some other info I gathered is here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=39

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Sorry for not reading the whole thread, do meego applications work with qt-components-10? I'm trying some time now to decipher what's happening with qt-components and fremantle, which is the correct package, and how we should use it.

I understand that qt-components-10 is newer, optified and is in extras, but I thought we should import org.maemo.fremantle instead of com.nokia.meego (which creates the need for different QML files for fremantle and harmattan only for the import declaration).

Some other info I gathered is here http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=39
qt-components-10 is the recommended one. It's most compatible. But if you have problems with the -10 version use qt-components.

PS. My access to internet will be limited in the next days. I'll be normally accessible from Thu, 7th

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-06-09 at 11:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I created a simple script downloading basic libs from my server.
It requires wget.

I didn't test it in any way.

I'll answer the rest of stuff soon.

The archives should be bunzip2'ed first and then untar'ed
so it would be
Code:
bunzip2 ***.tar.bz2
tar -xvf  ***.tar
Tell me if i am wrong

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
The archives should be bunzip2'ed first and then untar'ed
so it would be
Code:
bunzip2 ***.tar.bz2
tar -xvf  ***.tar
Tell me if i am wrong
Let's just leave well alone
This works OK, tar automatically detects the compression algorithm.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I would like to run MercadoLivre Application for Meego. http://store.ovi.com/content/223049 - It seems that was developed in QT but i don't know how yo fetch the required libraries to run correctly in N900. Is there a method to get all needed libraries for a Meego application?

Originally Posted by guisoliver View Post
I would like to run MercadoLivre Application for Meego. http://store.ovi.com/content/223049 - It seems that was developed in QT but i don't know how yo fetch the required libraries to run correctly in N900. Is there a method to get all needed libraries for a Meego application?
There are some libraries out there: http://adf.ly/91YV1
I'll upload some more today.
You can fetch some more from the harmattan dev repos

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I'll be releasing an update in several days. I'm waiting for more icons in qt-components from meegotouchtheme-nokia-icons, it's when I push the newer version.

thank you qwazix for the idea about the repo: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=38 . The idea matured and I'll be releasing a librarypack to extras. The sources will be downloadable. I made a script for it. But they won't be included as they don't compile cleanly on fremantle.

The changes will be:
Code:
meecolay-core (0.9.2) fremantle; urgency=low
  * Added newer qt-components theme as dependencies - now the top status panel works.
  * Removed the libqt provides - they won't work with version specified. Now the package depends on the metapackages.
  * Dependency for meecolay-librarypack1.
 //// something for the newer icons
 -- Marcin Mielniczuk <marmistrz@linux.pl>  Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:52:10 +0200

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
This may sound stupid, but only app that I miss from Meego is that Drive app from N9. Is there any possibility transfer it to N900 and run it with MeeCoLay? If somebody make step by step instructions then I will donate both MeeCoLay project and instructions maker.

p.s. Am I only guy who switch from Meego to Maemo, because Meamo has some nice apps ?

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:

Tags
compatibility, harmattan, meecolay, meego, mee_env