Active Topics

maybe this can be usefull
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/01/how-t...tu-debian.html
just write a simple code for sudo copying the keyboard in the correct folder and you are done (ive never tried making a .deb my own so i dont know if its so easy xD )
another way is going on qt creator and creating the application that copies the XML.
about my problem, xD , i'm not that familiar with linux...can i use the poly2mono on n9? or it uses different libraries and stuff?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
i am not linux skilled at all even if i am working on UNIX servers so i can not to give any advice

doesn't matter thanks for the help anyway xD
wish you the best

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
<SNIP>
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^Thanks for sharing that here instead of your separate thread.

@OP
This thread should have a more generic title e.g: "Additional keyboard layouts for the N9."
It's referenced in the universal guide (see 1st link in my sig) as the place to get ideas/help for VKB layouts.

Thanks.
*BUMP*
The current title's a bit misleading & not generic enough.
This thread's the central place for language & layout mods for the VKB.
See all the latest submissions... Thank-you.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Sorry for abandoning the thread, I was a bit overburdened the last few days (more than usual). I think that the thread title is generic enough (I will add a "etc." at the end if that is better, but it is the only place the greek keyboard is (because that's how it started) so people who search on the net for a greek (or bulgarian etc) keyboard will not be able to find it if I remove the specific languages from the title. I will try to add all other keyboards announced here on the first post though. Thanks!

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Sorry for abandoning the thread, I was a bit overburdened the last few days (more than usual). I think that the thread title is generic enough (I will add a "etc." at the end if that is better, but it is the only place the greek keyboard is (because that's how it started) so people who search on the net for a greek (or bulgarian etc) keyboard will not be able to find it if I remove the specific languages from the title. I will try to add all other keyboards announced here on the first post though. Thanks!
Thanks for responding to us. No need to maintain OP unless you want to.
There's not only language mods, also layout mods have been submitted here.
Just call it: "VKB: Language (Greek, Bulgarian etc) & Layout mods"
Or something like that.....

Cheers.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
@Schturman:
Maybe you can check my XML from alphanumeric that I am improving few months. it has different solution of SYMBOLS page and so on. or if you wanna, you can add it to your tweak, it is primarily done as SLovak & Czech (together) and I have plans to make also Finnish (I was asked to)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusnak-COBRA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
@Schturman:
Maybe you can check my XML from alphanumeric that I am improving few months. it has different solution of SYMBOLS page and so on. or if you wanna, you can add it to your tweak, it is primarily done as SLovak & Czech (together) and I have plans to make also Finnish (I was asked to)
Hi
No problem, give me a direct link to you files and I will add this to the next version

okay, here it is... just delete ".txt" extention
hope people will enjoy it

Tags
harmattan, keyboard layout