Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
About the name, I understand that it's cold Winter for a % of N9 users.

What about simply

maemo.org Device Program

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It's still 2012 for everybody though, and I want to hope for a '13 device program so let's keep the year designation.

Except if there could be another device program this year so we could call it "Q2 2012 device program"

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
About the name, I understand that it's cold Winter for a % of N9 users.

What about simply

maemo.org Device Program
Let's just leave it at 2012 Device Program. If you want to add something at the beginning, it should be Nokia 2012 Device Program.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Right. Well, maybe after all it is just not a good idea to combine these 4 activities under the same umbrella.

If you feel more comfortable having only the Code Competition and the Community Awards here so be it. I can organize the Qt 5 stuff in Qt Project. Not sure about Nokia Store since it's quite off the mark in Qt Project and most of the potential developers are here. Perhaps I'll just open an informal thread and wiki page here anyway, without connecting this activity with the rest, and that's it.

You tell me. I just want to get things done and start.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I'm a web developer by trade, and would happily create a very simple landing page on a domain (e.g. maemodeviceprogram.org) with an introductory announcement and big chunky links to the 4 activities on the different sites - it would give people one place to link to.

Of course, if it were to still be centralised on maemo.org (my personal preference) - then we're better to just link it all here and not bother with a landing page.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Right. Well, maybe after all it is just not a good idea to combine these 4 activities under the same umbrella.

If you feel more comfortable having only the Code Competition and the Community Awards here so be it. I can organize the Qt 5 stuff in Qt Project. Not sure about Nokia Store since it's quite off the mark in Qt Project and most of the potential developers are here. Perhaps I'll just open an informal thread and wiki page here anyway, without connecting this activity with the rest, and that's it.

You tell me. I just want to get things done and start.
That's fine. Thanks again for the devices for the Coding Competition and Community Awards.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
That's fine. Thanks again for the devices for the Coding Competition and Community Awards.
I deeply disagree because :
- the Nokia Store awards and Qt5 awards are only related to Nokia N9/N950;
- Maemo.org is the main site, forum, etc for MeeGo Harmattan users;
- Nokia N9 is the unique choice of commercial smartphone to test & run Qt 5 (alpha for the moment). I am happy to have my N9 as a tool to taste the developer tools of 2013.

The Maemo community should be open to the 4 awards being hosted here.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
SD why are you trying to move half of the devices out of maemo.org? Nokia has been kind enough to provide a small number of devices for us and Quim was so clear that the devices are for us that he named the program after maemo.org. Please state your reasoning for that, and other people please speak up, we are about to make a big mistake here.

Community apps to the store and Qt5 are perfectly on topic here.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I deeply disagree because :
- the Nokia Store awards and Qt5 awards are only related to Nokia N9/N950;
- Maemo.org is the main site, forum, etc for MeeGo Harmattan users;
- Nokia N9 is the unique choice of commercial smartphone to test & run Qt 5 (alpha for the moment). I am happy to have my N9 as a tool to taste the developer tools of 2013.

The Maemo community should be open to the 4 awards being hosted here.
+1

nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
We will have a Council meeting this afternoon to hopefully decide on these topics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: