View Single Post
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I'm not sure you even know how to use Maemo 5. No, sorry, scratch that. I'm not sure you're even using Maemo 5.

What is all this clicking and bouncing around you're doing? (That was rhetorical; please don't answer)

Dude, you never have to go to the desktop if you don't want to.

And dude, we never go to the app manager because we know what we're doing.

But dude, do the right thing and learn how to customize and optimize your primary desktop. [hint: NO "running" widgets]

May the force be with you.
I'm not sure you even know the post is under Brainstorm. No, sorry, scratch that. I'm not sure you even understand this is just a thought and not a Boot-Script that will erase YOUR Precious desktop from your N900.. if you even Own one...

maybe i have made this post too early i should have posted it in 2014 when mobile devices might be crossing 2gb mark of ram ... and by that time you will realize that N900 has just 256mb... i don't know about you but i will still be having My N900 by then... just like My years old 7710...

may be you are not understanding what i am trying to say... let me explain this way

people like N9

now imagine N9 has lost its Swipe control

and their is a menu button placed on the upper left corner of it to navigate to all three views

so people will still like N9 but not in the same way..

now about N900

what i am telling is

totally removing desktop...

now when you unlock the N900 you will directly see the apps menu (whats wrong with that)

and only apps menu "not even multitasking view" since no app has launched yet..(only one view till now)

now when we launch an app Multitasking view will come into existence.. which is default maemo behavior, thats simply Genius

now the important thing is.. currently in multi tasking view when we hit the vacant region we are navigated to desktop.. or if we are in apps clicking blank region will send us to multi task and from their to desktop...

now in absence of desktop.. hitting blank region will lead us to apps and in apps hitting blank region will lead us to multi-task...i feel its simple and quick

their wont even be a need of menu button in the corner in those two views... will just be required to restore from an app to multitasking

and its still a thought "don't take it personally"

May the force be with you too..

P.s @retsaw thanks, that script works(and safely)... thanks very much

Last edited by immi.shk; 2012-04-13 at 19:36.